Any sailors out there?

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove
Default Any sailors out there?

I'm looking to join a group of people who enjoy sailing. I'm not very experienced, but take directions well. Aso I'd be interested in finding out if there is anyplace that offers sailing lessons near TV.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
I'm looking to join a group of people who enjoy sailing. I'm not very experienced, but take directions well. Aso I'd be interested in finding out if there is anyplace that offers sailing lessons near TV.
The dawg, Lexi, is the Navy Seabee Mascot.......that's about as close as we get to being a Sailor!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Sage

According to the list of TV clubs, there is a sailing club that meets at 10AM on the second Wednesday monthly at Lake Miona. Contact Rich Mosher, 352-259-2585.
List of TV clubs: www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf See pg. 69.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Default Sailing Club

Go this link and search for sailing club. It will list when they meet and who to contact.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Yeah, but I got out in 1972.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
Oh to be young again. I was a "rag ******" (sail boat sailor) for years. Those years finally caught up with me. No longer was I able to wrestle a genny (genoa sail) on the fore deck when the wind piped up to 25 knots. Substituted sail with a stink pot (power boat). Soon tired of dashing around in a noisy, bumpy, wet boat. Dropped my anchor for the last time and came ashore.

Sailing is the ultimate hobby. It is not that difficult to learn. If you can manage a little Sailfish you can handle anything with one mast. Once you are hooked you will experience the "three foot syndrome". That means no matter how big your boat is it would be perfect if it were only three feet longer.

Good luck finding some shipmates to help you along the way. You won't be sorry. You might want to consider a Power Squadron boating course. I think there is one in TV.

BTW, I am green with envy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.