Who is going to Oshkosh?

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Who is going to Oshkosh?

This will be my second time as an exhibitor at AirVenture/Oshkosh selling pre & WWII sectional maps (Vintage Air Map) and promoting Grimes Field/MERFI/Champaign Aviation Museum in Urbana, Ohio. This year I am in building A (1037) across from the Pin Up girls. Please stop by for a chat to talk about the Villages and of course aircraft.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
This will be my second time as an exhibitor at AirVenture/Oshkosh selling pre & WWII sectional maps (Vintage Air Map) and promoting Grimes Field/MERFI/Champaign Aviation Museum in Urbana, Ohio. This year I am in building A (1037) across from the Pin Up girls. Please stop by for a chat to talk about the Villages and of course aircraft.

Several years ago, there was a frequent poster on this forum named "Boomer". She was from Cincinnati, Ohio and was married to a guy who flew a small plane like you do, Two Plane.

Boomer was witty and disarming and full of fun. She slipped away, but something tells me she is out there reading. I know she knew all about Oshkosh. Perhaps you can message her and convince her to return to the forum? You and she and me, we are all from Ohio. I have a FEELING she might live here in The Villages now.

Here is one of her posts on airplanes;

Please come back, Boomer.

Rhinebeck, NY
Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Platinum member

Been there many times in the past. Fantastic show. I wish I could be there this year.

Nothing better than Wisconsin in the summer.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Default Oshkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Been there many times in the past. Fantastic show. I wish I could be there this year.

Nothing better than Wisconsin in the summer.
How many times? Was this a family trip? Did you stay in a motel, or with friends? I understand it is packed every year and hard to walk around.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I will be there......a friend from VA and I rent a private home for the week. This will be his 27th year and my 8th. I put your booth number in the file, not sure it is to see you or visit the pin up girls.... When I did fly, I used Grimes in PA often when they had stuff going on up there.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthree View Post
How many times? Was this a family trip? Did you stay in a motel, or with friends? I understand it is packed every year and hard to walk around.
It keeps growing. Vista Mobility provides scooters for rent on a daily basis....you can pre-reserve or take your chances that one will be available when you get to the grounds. There are also trams that cover the grounds that are jump on jump off. Housing is almost impossible this late for this years show. If you are an EAA member they have assistance including dorm rooms at the local colleges. The first year I attended the closest hotel available was in Green Bay. There are also camp grounds available. It is the largest show of it's type in the world and draws up to a half million people each year so planning early is a must.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Platinum member

I can be in Oshkosh in an hour by car! Go Packers!!
Closed Thread

Tags
ohio, urbana, year, pin, building, girls, villages, aircraft, talk, chat, stop, field/merfi/champaign, time, exhibitor, oshkosh, airventure/oshkosh, selling, promoting, map, grimes, aviation, air, vintage, pre, wwii

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.