Who have you allowed into your "social circle"?

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2020, 05:40 AM

We do not eat inside restaurants, and we do not go inside other people's houses. Except...we have two couples who we know are as picky as we are about social distancing. We get together with them once a week for cards and games. Outside if it's not too hot, and inside if it's hot. We all wear masks all the time...no exceptions. We all drink from straws we can slip under our masks. It is not safe to be inside a building with others without wearing a mask...this includes restaurants in our opinion.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
As of July 13, newly brought back friends in my circle is 97, who see each other anywhere from 10 to 24 hours a day. All are So glad for This close group of friends to now be complete
I don't think I KNOW 97 people!
Old 07-19-2020, 06:16 AM

One other couple who behave in the same manner that we do. We both golf with others but avoid contact and lunches afterward.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Do no panic.......I have left my family in TV from the short 3 months of retirement along with many, and returned to work, so those with young children could stay home. My plan was to stay a few months, but most likely will be more.

Yes it takes over 100 people to staff the OR. Or any department in any hospital. We are a close knit department that loves what they do, and will take the risk to do it. We are not heroes, just doing our job, most of us over 40 plus years.

Have you forgotten all of the essential workers living in TV that leaves their home, so you can have groceries, or staff the testing sites. Their Circle is much Bigger than 100.

Yet they leave their home so you can stay in yours.
Now I understand. You are very honorable in what you do at this time during a pandemic. Thank you for taking care of those who are ill.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:43 AM

Turn off the MSM news and live your life. You have a better chance of dying in a car wreck than from COVID.
However, respect those with medical conditions that are of greater risk.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:47 AM
Michael Charles

We stay inside and away from others 99% of the time. We have socialized a few times outside under the covered area at different rec centers. Once we've had another couple over on the lanai and once a friend stopped by and we all wore masks inside. We finally ventured to culvers the other day and ate outside where tables were spacedout well apart. No inside seating for us, not yet.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I just went out for the first time since March with a group of 4 girl friends to celebrate 2 of our delayed birthdays. I'm the most health concerned and wanted to make sure we'd still be distanced within the table and that proved difficult. We ended up being about 4 feet apart instead of 6 and I wasn't super comfortable. I'm completely fine with waiting before going out again.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:08 AM

Schedule test...wait two weeks for result !!!! What is wrong with this picture?
Old 07-19-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
So far, my husband and myself are the only ones in our "social circle". Sure we have been to driveway parties where we are socially distanced OUTSIDE. I'm talking about being seated INDOORS in a restaurant at a table for 4, 6 or 8. I've seen plenty of social gatherings in restaurants who certainly do not look like they are all in the same family.

I'm aware that "social circle" is defined by our experts as "people that you know are like minded as you are and who you are sure have been taking the same safety precautions as you have." I just don't feel comfortable yet assuming people we decide to socialize with indoors and seated at the same table have been as careful as hubby and I have. We do dine indoors at table for two always.

I really want to get over this fear and would love to get back to being social and sit at the same table and have dinner and cocktails but I don't think this is the right time.

So.....who have you allowed into your social circle?
I'd like to get a singles perspective. I'm single and enjoy meeting people and dating on occasion. I find it difficult to meet someone to date right now. I don't go to indoor restaurants yet. Outdoors is fine, but it's too hot most days to do that. Movies, museums, etc. All indoors. Tough to meet people and date right now.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:13 AM

Wow! Sounds like a sci-fi film “The Invincible 97”
Old 07-19-2020, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Turn off the MSM news and live your life. You have a better chance of dying in a car wreck than from COVID.
Finally, someone makes sense.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
So you disagree with the number of new Floridian Covid cases reported yesterday?
Old 07-19-2020, 07:29 AM

I am thrilled to hear about the wise safety practices mentioned in these replies.
Yes, we need to be thankful for all the people that can and do leave home to provide essential services! I trust that they are are wise about their own safety and not at High risk. Villagers are a high risk group on average and some much higher than others. Villagers on average need to keep risks/contacts low. The caution shown in these replies seems fabulous to me. Your care helps keep the rest of us safe too. THANKS for your careful practices.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
I'd like to get a singles perspective. I'm single and enjoy meeting people and dating on occasion. I find it difficult to meet someone to date right now. I don't go to indoor restaurants yet. Outdoors is fine, but it's too hot most days to do that. Movies, museums, etc. All indoors. Tough to meet people and date right now.
If you are an active type, try Beach Tennis or Pickleball. Easy to maintain distance at these games, you get sunshine and socialization time, so important these days.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am confused by your answer. I am never sure which of the two of you is posting. I know one or both are medical people and still working and the other is here in The Villages...I think.

97 is a lot of people.

We are trying to do what has to be done not to catch this nasty bug. Husband still plays golf and was inadvertently exposed to a friends son here visiting who joined their group three times and then returned to his home area and was tested as part of a work group and was found to be positive. Today was the fourteenth day since my husband played golf and with this young man and he got tested but has not yet heard back, but he is well at least.

We weren't terrified, but a bit somber, I must say.

Please tell us how 97 people are part of your group?
I think that is crazy,97? I’m not a medical person but I’m not taking a chance. Don’t want to die alone with 97 friends in the parking lot waving good bye.
Closed Thread

Tags
social, table, circle, indoors, seated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.