Who tweets? Does anyone tweet? I.Q. state by state

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Isn't Vermont where all the illegal Canadiens cross the border? :: (I love Canadiens. Seriously, I do.)
Uh-oh... Bare's gonna come getcha, db!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Uh-oh... Bare's gonna come getcha, db!
Oh. Oh. Please don't tell her it was me.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage

Vermont is a great place to live and I'm moving there as soon as it's warm, flat and has free 9 hole golf.

Of course I would like to live in a no-fly zone. Those green heads can be overwhelming.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh. Oh. Please don't tell her it was me.
I won't. I promise!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Isn't Vermont where all the illegal Canadiens cross the border? :
If I thought I could cross the border in Vermont without having my days in Florida counted by the US government, believe me, I'd do it.
Unfortunately, no matter where we cross, the rule is ... only 182 days in 365.
Hmmmm, perhaps I could sneak across in snowshoes in the dead of winter.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
If I thought I could cross the border in Vermont without having my days in Florida counted by the US government, believe me, I'd do it.
Unfortunately, no matter where we cross, the rule is ... only 182 days in 365.
Hmmmm, perhaps I could sneak across in snowshoes in the dead of winter.
You gonna put Lollipop and Biggins in snowshoes???
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You gonna put Lollipop and Biggins in snowshoes???
That's a great idea. Lollipop is big enough to pull a sleigh with suitcases aboard.
We can slip into the USA unnoticed in the dead of winter. Vermont here we come.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
That's a great idea. Lollipop is big enough to pull a sleigh with suitcases aboard.
We can slip into the USA unnoticed in the dead of winter. Vermont here we come.
You may want to carry a leaf blower, just in case. Nobody notices those guys.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Sage

Put a red nose on Lollipop and they'll think she's Rudolph and you're Santa.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Simply put, on Facebook lately........all of the various states have been represented as far as their "ranking" for one thing or another.........

The U.S. map is shown........then the state is highlighted.....
Such as safest, etc.

But the "tweets" thing was put out by realtors.

With another snowstorm imminent, be very glad that you are all enjoying the glorious Florida sunshine, savoring life around the swimming pools........while we dig out yet again.

Florida has ALWAYS BEEN OUR FAVORITE VACATION STATE for the past 50 years.
I wouldn't put much trust or faith in what you read on Facebook. The same holds true for the "Tweets" you read. Without a source of what you are reading, it's worthless -- just words with no meaning.

If Florida has been your favorite vacation spot for 50 years and you still aren't here, just what is your problem?? For not living here, you have an awful lot to say on this forum.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:40 AM

Hey don't knock Vermont. I've raised my kids and spent half my life there. For all the talk about the good ole days when it was safe to let your kids go out to play and you didn't have to lock your doors or worry about a person keeping their word etc. etc. we found to be alive and well there.

I don't miss the snow because I'm not a skier, nor a youngster, but the people, beauty and safety of Vermont will always be in my heart.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:34 AM
Sage
Default I love Canadians as well & have family up there

Quote:
Isn't Vermont where all the illegal Canadiens cross the border? :: (I love Canadiens. Seriously, I do.)

I love Canadians as well. I actually have family up there. Cousins; lots of cousins. Going back to the "dit names".......French Canadians.

Plus all of our Italians who migrated UP to very COLD CANADA.
They are our friendly neighbor to the north of Vermont, on our border.

Ours live in Ottawa, Quebec, plus smaller towns near those cities........
As well as Nova Scotia.......our favorite MARITIMES of CANADA.

Plus lots of Ukrainians who migrated from Ukraine to the provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, etc. plus also some of the bigger cities.
Lots of the old wooden churches still exist..........plus the traditions of my mother's mother's roots.

We always were able to cross the border without a passport. ha !

We feel blessed to have Canada on our northern border rather than Mexico or Cuba. Lets just say it could be worse, in the event of terrorism striking our homeland. On all of our travels to CANADA over the years, we have met nothing but KIND FRIENDLY FOLKS.........especially LOVE those we always met on Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia. Real genuine people. Like Vermonters.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:56 AM
Sage
Default Finally a real vermonter speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
Hey don't knock Vermont. I've raised my kids and spent half my life there. For all the talk about the good ole days when it was safe to let your kids go out to play and you didn't have to lock your doors or worry about a person keeping their word etc. etc. we found to be alive and well there.

I don't miss the snow because I'm not a skier, nor a youngster, but the people, beauty and safety of Vermont will always be in my heart.

So true. We were lucky as well to raise our family here.
They had the safe wholesome childhood that is elusive now in so many other locations.

We were just saying the other day that our kids were able to walk on the pine trail to school........never once did we worry they would be molested. All of the children played outside in groups with their friends, just as we did in New Jersey in the 1950's.
Carefree childhood. They walked down the hill to the library in town. They walked to the movie theatre. How many kids can still do that. They could enjoy a rural life with horses, etc. or a "townie" life (believe it or not we have some culture up here).......

We left our doors open as well.........neighbors helped neighbors; generations knew each other.........the continuity of life was a given.

Our son lives in Colorado ever since he graduated Univ. of Vermont at age 22, then went west (as did so many Vermont boys) got his M.B.A. out there; made a great life for himself; is a business owner........lovely family.

HOWEVER, when he returns to Vermont & we all drive through the gorgeous green mountains........he always says how much he loves his home state.........but Colorado is now his home.

I think I played way too much JOHN DENVER back in the day..........but they also say that they will never be able to let their little girls just walk to school alone or play out alone as they were able to play freely in Vermont & Oregon.

Changing society.

Our daughter is raising her kids in northern Vermont up by Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Cheese, very rural forested area, on their ten acres of land; beautiful country again........have chickens for eggs, live a healthy lifestyle. She also has her Masters in teaching; her hubby is an almost Ph.d but without dissertation.

To each his own. But Vermont is NOT filled with druggies. Certainly NOT as many as Florida.

The drug dealers came UP to Vermont from the metro city areas & hooked some weak youngsters on heroin & cocaine. Our police & drug task force have been working hard as they want their own little ones to live the lives they experienced.............just as you mention above.....spoken from your heart.......only those who have been blessed to live in a simple pure state can speak the truth.........the newspapers totally blew it all out of proportion, simply because the DRUG BUSTS came out of pristine lilly white Vermont. Like it couldn't happen here. Our one super highway on the right side of the state was a conduit for those from the SOUTH, & from New York City, Philadelphia, etc.......Vermont was always said to have more cows than people........the little towns & villages are few & far between.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage

I think it's more the time than the place, as far as locking doors and allowing kids to run free. We never had to worry in PA, OH, NJ, MI, up until the last few years. And we lived in both cities and the country.

Our kids had a beautiful childhood running around Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake. Barefoot. Before that it was Shongum Lake in North Jersey and before that beautiful downtown Pittsburgh. No worries.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Tweeting and farce book are ways to gather personnel information for the users. In other words spying by companies, gov. Crooks, and hackers. The more information you give them the more money Facebook and others make by selling and gathering your personal information.

Ever notice when you go on line shopping suddenly adds pop up for weeks?
Where do you think they get this information? Goggle, Facebook ect... They don't make millions for providing free site for the users.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.