WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY -- TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2008, 02:04 AM
nedla
Default WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY -- TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH

I'm going to have a party at home. Undecided about the menu at the moment.

Haven't had much interest in the teams all year, but SS Sunday is always fun and usually a good game.

I still dream about the Joe Montana days with the 49ers. Can't really get too excited anymore with the teams and the players.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Default Re: WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY -- TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH

no interest this year sorry
Old 01-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Our Neighborhood Group Is Leaving On A Cruise

Our neighborhood club, the steet name deleted Hooligans, will be toasting and throwing confetti streamers about the time of the Super Bowl kickoff. We're looking forward to a great time cruising in The Bahamas. Look for our picture in The Daily Sun.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Sage
Default Re: WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY -- TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH

English - If you liked the 49er offense don't you see lots of similarities with the Patriots and Tom Brady? Yesterday it was dink and dunk just like Joe M. 26 out of 28 with only 1 long ball.

A Pat's season ticket holder - Russ
Old 01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Platinum member

No interest.
Tampa, FL
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Taltarzac

Only watch if it is a close game and then usually only at the end. Does not matter much about the teams but did watch more of the game when the Niners were hot with Montana and I lived in Belmont, CA. That is about 8 miles from Stanford.

Did watch more of the Super Bowl too when the Tampa Bay Bucs won the SB when I lived in Palm Harbor and had a relative of the Tampa Bay staff-- John Idzik. He left for the Arizona Cards and is now with the Seahawks.

A personal connection seems to help with my getting interested in who is playing in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I never watch football..No interest..I love baseball..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Dancing Thyme

Oh, what's the date??? All depends if there is a marathon of Monk or Law and Order on, then you'll know what I'm doing!!

Kath op:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Sage

Could never understand the attraction of guys throwing a pointed ball and then falling on top of each other to retrieve it especially at the risk of bodily injury!!! but hey, what do I know, mabe theres something Im missing!

My mother at the age of 86 became a diehard bears fan. You dare not enter the room and disturb her when the bears were playing if you valued your life, so mabe theres still hope for me. :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Could never understand the attraction of guys throwing a pointed ball and then falling on top of each other to retrieve it!!!
Nonie, I'm getting worried about you. Would love to be on the bottom of that pile up!!

OMG did I say that!

Definitely shy Kathie :redface: :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Back in Cali, we'd all go to my friend's house and watch the game and eat her chili. She hated football but her ex loved the game. They divorced and we made her keep up the tradition. Now, no one I know here really likes football, so guess I'll go see what else there is to and harass Kathie. Who knows, maybe I can get her to enjoy the game a bit.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Dancing Thyme

that's my station in life - to make people and myself laugh!!!

Glad you liked it Barb. Red, I actually liked basketball better in the old days when the players wore those shorter shorts and they were tighter.... Wow!

Can't wait to be harassed by you in person. Yeah!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Sage

And you ladies say that Handie is bad - Please! :joke:
Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Oh, what's the date??? All depends if there is a marathon of Monk or Law and Order on, then you'll know what I'm doing!!

Kath op:
Really like Monk too.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Platinum member

On board a cruise ship thinking about the game and everyone in TOTV. And you're believing this right?
:edit:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.