Why coronavirus incidents only on Princess ships?

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
During the 2000s I took a lot of cruises. All my life from grade school onward if a respiratory bug went around I always got it soon and got it bad so I am extra careful about being in crowds. On a Cunard cruise I took through the Panama Canal we boarded in Acapulco. Several boarding passengers had been in town a few days and were quite ill, coughing deeply. Fortunately I had been able to buy an antibiotic at the Mexico City airport between flights "just in case". The bug was so bad several passengers never left their cabins; one had to be evacuated by helicopter. The CDC came on board to check things out; dining rules changed. Everyone at my dining room table got sick except for me. It was a ten day cruise; I had 20 pills. Every day from the get go I took two a day. They worked!
In your example, if the antibiotic fought off the bug, the bug was bacteria vs virus.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:29 AM

The best and most trusted data is from South Korea...they state the death rate for the Coronavirus is approximately 1% which is about the standard flue! You state that the death rate is 20%?

Last edited by neilbcox; 03-09-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
In your example, if the antibiotic fought off the bug, the bug was bacteria vs virus.
Yes, of course, antibiotics are worthless against a virus.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-09-2020, 03:25 PM

So many reasons why people get sick on cruises. Buffet lines with food out in the open. People coughing, sneezing on the food or handling food and putting back if they decide they don’t want it. So many people leaving the bathroom stalls not washing their hands. I will not go into the hot tub. That is one huge Petrie dish. You will see people drinking for hours and never leaving the hot tub. Mmmmm. Can anyone really hold their urine that long after consuming a case of beer? I used to love cruising but you really have to be aware and wash your hands and “try” to keep a safe distance from people. 3-6 feet is a good rule. I also take advantage of the restaurants instead if the buffets. Did you know you can have a lovely breakfast in the restaurants at no extra charge?
Closed Thread

Tags
ships, princess, cruise, cases, reached

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.