I did it 2 days ago for $15.
You're right. They lowered the price.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I did it 2 days ago for $15.
What boarding # did you get? I am flying SW tomorrow to Orlando.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Gold member

We also LUV Southwest! All of the negative things people said I have observed, but for us flying to Providence the positives out weigh negatives. We watch all passengers in boarding area, decide who is coughing their head off, has hyper fidgety kids, who have dog and cat carriers, etc.....then we avoid sitting near them. Yes, I would love to always get an A boarding pass, but low Bs are perfect too. On our last flight the plane had brand new seats that were much roomier.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

We fly to smaller airports so our first choice is Allegiant....SW is our second. Aren't most airlines going to online check-in? Standing in line at ticket counters for seat assignments is a pain.....Allegiant also has Kiosk service for baggage check in which is quicker but assume other airlines do the same thing.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,418 Times in 5,109 Posts

I hate Southwest, and all other airlines. Why not just price each seat and sell them the way concert tickets are sold? I think the whole process is hogwash.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-06-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

IMO most boarding is pain in the &&&. Wouldn’t it make sence to board the back of the plane first, then the middle, then the front , an wheel chairs last. When seats are assigned. That way people not climbing over each other to get further back in the plane waiting on slow grabbers then need to get in there seats. Getting off no problem cause you have to wait form the plane to clear front to back. Boarding IMO should be the opposite. I don’t know why everybody in hurry board first and set in the cattle car waiting anyway.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,418 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO most boarding is pain in the &&&. Wouldn’t it make sence to board the back of the plane first, then the middle, then the front , an wheel chairs last. When seats are assigned. That way people not climbing over each other to get further back in the plane waiting on slow grabbers then need to get in there seats. Getting off no problem cause you have to wait form the plane to clear front to back. Boarding IMO should be the opposite. I don’t know why everybody in hurry board first and set in the cattle car waiting anyway.
Boarding from the back first was the standard many years ago, except for first class. One problem was that those boarding first would use up all of the overhead bin space. So, those with front seats would try to board first, and the airline employees never enforced their own boarding rules. Boarding wheelchair travelers last would cause delays, especially if they have a window seat. But, no boarding plan will work if the airline does not enforce their own rules.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

What I don't like about air travel is the other passengers. The desk announces "Section D, board now!" with D being in the back. And who is first in line? People in Section C and B, because they know no one is going to challenge them and make them step aside, because they know if they make a fuss everyone will have to wait even longer, and the airline doesn't want that to happen. I also don't like the narrow seats on some of these planes, so narrow that me - who can fit snugly in that seat, has to feel scrunched and claustrophobic if an average sized quarterback sits next to me. Plus all the nickle and diming they do these days. If I want an aisle seat I have to pay extra. If I want more leg room I have to pay extra. If I want overhead I have to pay extra. If I want bottled water I have to pay extra. Coffee - extra. So what did I do last time on JetBlue? I ordered a glass of ice, no beverage. And just held it for awhile til the ice melted, and got free water out of it.

The only time I was on SouthWest, was awesome. We went to San Antonio, and our flight home was an emergency because my husband's mom died while we were away. Obviously we didn't have an obit, it happened only a few hours prior, and mom lived in Florida while we lived in Connecticut. But the folks at the desk were amazing. Our flight was overfull and delayed due to a storm, and they bumped us on the next flight out. They "had to" put us in First Class since those were the only seats available, and they hoped we didn't mind. As it turned out, our new flight got to our destination 20 minutes before the original flight was scheduled to arrive. Plus lunch. Plus first class. Plus a stiff drink for each of us. Plus a voucher for the next time we travelled.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
What I don't like about air travel is the other passengers. The desk announces "Section D, board now!" with D being in the back. And who is first in line? People in Section C and B, because they know no one is going to challenge them and make them step aside, because they know if they make a fuss everyone will have to wait even longer, and the airline doesn't want that to happen. I also don't like the narrow seats on some of these planes, so narrow that me - who can fit snugly in that seat, has to feel scrunched and claustrophobic if an average sized quarterback sits next to me. Plus all the nickle and diming they do these days. If I want an aisle seat I have to pay extra. If I want more leg room I have to pay extra. If I want overhead I have to pay extra. If I want bottled water I have to pay extra. Coffee - extra. So what did I do last time on JetBlue? I ordered a glass of ice, no beverage. And just held it for awhile til the ice melted, and got free water out of it.

The only time I was on SouthWest, was awesome. We went to San Antonio, and our flight home was an emergency because my husband's mom died while we were away. Obviously we didn't have an obit, it happened only a few hours prior, and mom lived in Florida while we lived in Connecticut. But the folks at the desk were amazing. Our flight was overfull and delayed due to a storm, and they bumped us on the next flight out. They "had to" put us in First Class since those were the only seats available, and they hoped we didn't mind. As it turned out, our new flight got to our destination 20 minutes before the original flight was scheduled to arrive. Plus lunch. Plus first class. Plus a stiff drink for each of us. Plus a voucher for the next time we travelled.
You must have been on another airline...Southwest doesn't have a first class section.

Why You Can't Go First-Class on Southwest Airlines
Quote:

Why You Can't Go First-Class on Southwest Airlines Flights

You'll never have to feel jealous walking past well-dressed passengers in the Southwest First Class section because there is none.

I personally love most everything about Southwest.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
All you have to do is pay $15 for early bird check-in. Well worth it.
$25.00 for early bird now Just book a July flight and was charged $25 each
Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

My 2 cents worth. I agree on Southwest and choose them when I can and the fare is close. The other airlines are just 1 tiny step above used car salesman.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
Right from their website.....

*EarlyBird Check-In can be purchased at prices ranging from $15 - $25 one-way per passenger.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Boarding from the back first was the standard many years ago, except for first class. One problem was that those boarding first would use up all of the overhead bin space. So, those with front seats would try to board first, and the airline employees never enforced their own boarding rules. Boarding wheelchair travelers last would cause delays, especially if they have a window seat. But, no boarding plan will work if the airline does not enforce their own rules.
There limit to how many and size of carry on luggage’s now. Not like in the 60s when you coUld bring And entire wardrobe on. I don’t see why boarding handicapped last would create delays, same mount time to seat them no matter when they board. I don’t feel sorry for anyone trying to board out of turn, rules are rules, without them chaos
Old 01-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
It ranges $15-25 depending on rewards status. Mine is $15.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
There limit to how many and size of carry on luggage’s now. Not like in the 60s when you coUld bring And entire wardrobe on. I don’t see why boarding handicapped last would create delays, same mount time to seat them no matter when they board. I don’t feel sorry for anyone trying to board out of turn, rules are rules, without them chaos
The problem with carry on bags is worse now than, say 15 years ago. Since the airlines (except Southwest) charge for checked bags many folks carry the maximum legal size carry on - usually a 21 inch bag. If it is a family of four , all four carry on board. The overhead is usually filled with what used to be checked bags.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
seat, southwest, bin, completely, choose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.