Do any of you use a site like MySpace?

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Default Do any of you use a site like MySpace?

I used to be on MySpace, but got tired of kids on there (and they got tired of me, probably!).

I recently joined an online community for boomers and seniors called seniorocity http://www.seniorocity.com and met a lot of great people. It's restricted by age, just like the Villages, so I think it's better. Do any of you belong to other sites like that?

Thomas
Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Do any of you use a site like MySpace?

I am on Findlaw's message boards a lot even if they are heavily censored. When I submit something I never know if it will get posted or how long it will stay on these message boards. Have been on these legal educational boards since April 2002 weathering a great deal of sound and fury from other posters as well as administrators with my fights for victims' rights and other stuff. Had some particularly nasty flame wars with one extremely prolific, crudely humorous, and often two faced poster. I tried to help him with his Virginia and Federal legal research under one of his handles while he made hundreds of various vicious personal attacks using many anonymous handles for more than 4 years (2002-2006).

I post on the Internet Movie Database message boards once in a while especially to write movie reviews.

Sometimes I make predictions on the Numbers.com for the box office top grossers. Won once for getting the closest low or high weekend take of the 2007 movie Transformers.

I am a little younger than many in TV and on TOTV turning 49 on 2/24/08.

Enjoy TOTV the most in my internet experiences even if I have not seen hide nor hair of the particularly vicious poster on Findlaw's message boards since June(?) or so of 2006. You kind of cannot forget four years of smears and being stalked from message board to message board on a "legal" educational web-site even if the Administrators seemed just as frustrated by the nasty behavior as I was.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I use LinkedIn quite a bit. It is a networking site for folks looking to maintain contact with business people you know. It is great for job hunting, looking to hire people, or just looking for contacts in various areas of business. You can find everyone you have worked with by doing company search on places you have worked, and everyone you went to college with by searching on that school, and then you can find all the people those people know and get an introduced contact. And it's free.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

I have a BLOG and participate in the Magazine section of seniorfriendfinder.com and enjoy the interactive aspect of it; very similar to here.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:24 AM
Platinum member

I have 2 Myspace pages, one for family and friends, (all youngsters) the other is my ART page. My therapy!! check it out if you'd like to. A lot of new computer drawings , a few of my oil paintings and my eskimo doll I sculpted. www.************/artsmarter
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.