Why vote count so slow????

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2022, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Why vote count so slow????

48 states (some more populated states) out-count two states, will they change their procedure or is it their way to be noticed, hmmm!

Another question, I'll bet that most Americans would rather see campaigns can their ads (most misleading) and put those bucks to better use. Ga. Campaigns $250,000 spent, yipsters!

Last edited by jebartle; 11-11-2022 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
48 states out-count two states, will they change their procedure or is it their way to be noticed, hmmm!
I suspect that the initial count was very close, resulting in at least one recount
Old 11-11-2022, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

There never seemed to be any problems when everyone voted in person on Election Day?
Old 11-11-2022, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

If you mean AZ the officials there have explained their processing of the ballots and the laws governing them. And both parties have proctors watching everything in the counting rooms. And the election workers in AZ are working 14 to 18 hours a day to get the votes counted. WATCH: Arizona officials give an update on ballot counting for 2022 election | PBS NewsHour
Old 11-11-2022, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Probably because of the archaic rules/laws imposed by their state legislatures.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:38 AM
Gold member

Inability to count votes seems to be another symptom of governments' incompetence in many states. Florida has two time zones, and its votes are counted and reported in a matter of hours. Why can't Arizona, California and others?
Old 11-11-2022, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
If you mean AZ the officials there have explained their processing of the ballots and the laws governing them. And both parties have proctors watching everything in the counting rooms. And the election workers in AZ are working 14 to 18 hours a day to get the votes counted. WATCH: Arizona officials give an update on ballot counting for 2022 election | PBS NewsHour
The only response that is not a guess. Thank you for the link.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
There never seemed to be any problems when everyone voted in person on Election Day?
The days when everybody voted on one day....election day.

When you open the drape to the booth the vote was registered....mechanically!!!

Results in before we went to bed.

And now with all the fancy electronics it takes (some) weeks/months!!!!

Everybody KNOWS there is a better way yet we continue to allow this game playing.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Our country was much smaller in those days. Florida had its problem with “hanging chads”. Nothing wrong with early voting or mail in ballots IMHO.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Inability to count votes seems to be another symptom of governments' incompetence in many states. Florida has two time zones, and its votes are counted and reported in a matter of hours. Why can't Arizona, California and others?
Because Arizona, California and other western states have made it EASIER to vote by allowing vote by mail ballots to be counted if they are posted marked by election day and received within a certain time limit.

Unlike Florida, which every election cycle is making it harder and harder for people to vote.

At least Florida does allow each county to count their absentee and early votes BEFORE the polls close on election day, which greatly speeds up the actual vote reporting on election night.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Because Arizona, California and other western states have made it EASIER to vote by allowing vote by mail ballots to be counted if they are posted marked by election day and received within a certain time limit.

Unlike Florida, which every election cycle is making it harder and harder for people to vote.

At least Florida does allow each county to count their absentee and early votes BEFORE the polls close on election day, which greatly speeds up the actual vote reporting on election night.
Baloney. I voted 2 weeks before Election Day after showing my ID (which every state should require).
Old 11-11-2022, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Our country was much smaller in those days. Florida had its problem with “hanging chads”. Nothing wrong with early voting or mail in ballots IMHO.
Much smaller in what days?

Those mail in ballots are okay when they are requested by and only mailed to already registered voters. Blanket mailing of those ballots requires election staff to verify registered status after the fact raising another possibility for error in verifying/counting.

How do you feel about unmonitored drop boxes? Why are they necessary when mail-in ballots are available?

Old 11-11-2022, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Much smaller in what days?
Number of citizens. Number of registered voters. Number of actual voters.

Quote:
Those mail in ballots are okay when they are requested by and only mailed to already registered voters. Blanket mailing of those ballots requires election staff to verify registered status after the fact raising another possibility for error in verifying/counting.
And where does this blanket mailing happen? Not in Arizona.

Quote:
How do you feel about unmonitored drop boxes? Why are they necessary when mail-in ballots are available?
As concerns ballots, I feel the same way about unmonitored drop boxes as I feel about unmonitored mail boxes. Are *any* mail boxes monitored?

Why are they necessary? Because dropping an envelope in the mailbox does not ensure it arrives by election day while dropping the envelope in the drop box does. Second, because a single drop box in Wildwood doesn't do much for the voter in Tarrytown, Webster, or Bushnell. Third, because hiring sufficient staff to monitor a reasonable number of ballot boxes would be cost prohibitive.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-11-2022, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
Baloney. I voted 2 weeks before Election Day after showing my ID (which every state should require).
So if it's easy for you then it's easy for everyone??? No chance that others in the State may have a work schedule or school schedule or child schedule to contend with? No chance that others in the State may not have a vehicle conveniently at their disposal?

Every election cycle more and more voting rules, regulations, and restrictions are put in place. These are absolutely intended to make it more difficult for someone to vote. They are not necessarily bad rules, regulations, or restrictions but it is foolish to argue that they do not make it more difficult to vote.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-11-2022, 11:26 AM
Platinum member

Accuracy is better than speed
Closed Thread

Tags
states, bet, americans, campaigns, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.