Why We're Losing To Radical Isalm

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Those are good ideas. I would not say we are losing to radical Islam though. It is very hard to plan against attacks by lone wolves or very small cells which have been sleeping.
I am not sure I would use the word "losing" in this discussion.

I would however, say we are weakening our selves by not acknowledging a threat among us and not demanding our law be enforced. To be sarcastic about it will never solve anything.

I would also add that the world is so much smaller than it used to be and all the comments about Crusades, etc are simply ludicrous. We lost a lot of american citizens on 9/11....France lost a lot of people and around the world we can go.

This is a result of amazing technological advances and speed of travel. This is not hundreds of years ago, nor 50 years ago, nor 10 years ago.

This threat, despite those who say it is a "sky is falling" attitude, is NEW...not something you can relate to the old world or anything we have ever seen. And making ourselves aware and learning is not a bad thing
Old 01-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm a big fan of Newt Gingrich. I think that most of what he says makes a lot of sense.

But in this case, I have two questions. One, what's to say that congress is not doing all of these things now? Secondly, if this is so important, why didn't Mr Gingrich direct congress to do this when he was Speaker of the House?

Unfortunately, when politicians retire or are defeated, even the good ones, they have to find some other kind of life.

In the first hundred or so years of this nation most of them went back to their civilian jobs. Newt was a history professor, but I don't see him back in the classroom.

I think that it's pretty easy for people on the outside to come up with a laundry list of things that we should be doing. But like I said, they are not on the inside and don't know if these things are being done or not.

We have to go back and remember what President Bush said when the Global War on Terror was first declared. This will be a war like no other war in history. Things will be happening every day that we will know nothing about but may be crucial to the effort. Every so often we will see the results of some of the work being done but we will not know about the day to day operations.

This is pretty much a clandestine war and the American public, with good reason, are not going to know every little detail of what's happening.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of Newt and supported him when he ran for president. But, even though he might have some inside information, I don't think that he knows everything.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:05 AM

I can't believe some people don't see their method of conquering us, besides
the killings they are doing all over the world, including us in the U.S.
They are going to swallow us up in population, get control in politics, then get rid of
our school system, churches naturally, and then our freedom.

I posted this before now "demographics of muslims in america"
After reading this with the facts, the history of their, taking control which is happening in just about every country , a poster said what is their to be alarmed about.
No wonder we are sinking,
Old 01-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Email Reported As Spam

"After more than 13 years of war with thousand of Americans dead, tens of thousands wounded and several trillion dollars spent the US and its allies are losing the war with radical Islamism. The terrorist of Islam State are ravaging Iraq and Syria. Boko Haram is widening its bloody swath through Nigeria. Al Qaeda and its affiliates are killing with impunity in Somalia, Yemen and beyond and the Taliban are resurgent in Afghanistan. "......"The US and its allies must now design a strategy to match a global movement of radical Islamist who sincerely want to destroy Western civilization". Newt Gingrich WSJ 1/15/15.

His 8 point plan addresses both the global strategy and dealing with radicalization and discovering the lone wolf..

And as a side bar let me insert my belief that profiling not only assists in rooting out these cells but it also allows us to educate in these communities make contact with people in the community who share our views, recruit some of them to our cause and infuse the community with the desire to root out these radicals from their communities

And as a side note it really doesn't matter what Gingrich did before or after his political career or whether he is using this issue to restart it. No the pertinent point here is that he has a good plan because he may not be many things but one thing he is is highly intelligent and has offered some of the better solution coming out of Washington
Old 01-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Thread closed too many political comments.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.