Window Boxes - Is it possible?

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
My wife, bless her, thinks that she can put plants in pots by our front door and leave them alone. Our witty neighbor said yesterday that it looks like a plant cemetery.
I tried to put a rock garden in my backyard, but the rocks all died.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Oh yes. Ooh LA LA. My favorite! Matter of fact I am in the process of doing now. Window boxes look beautiful and I am working on achieving a beautiful French country look right now. They will look stunning on a home (sided or shingled) and I would not imagine you need approval from the villages on something under your roof that looks beautiful! I just had the awnings installed , put up lace curtains and now await my window boxes to arrive! I ordered the ones made out of PVC as they will not rot and will last forever! (Worth the extra money). I can envision it completely finished and the neighbors are going to love it. They are anxiously awaiting to see what we are doing. They should be arriving the end of the week! Go for it. They will look beautiful on your wisteria!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Oh yes. Ooh LA LA. My favorite! Matter of fact I am in the process of doing now. Window boxes look beautiful and I am working on achieving a beautiful French country look right now. They will look stunning on a home (sided or shingled) and I would not imagine you need approval from the villages on something under your roof that looks beautiful! I just had the awnings installed , put up lace curtains and now await my window boxes to arrive! I ordered the ones made out of PVC as they will not rot and will last forever! (Worth the extra money). I can envision it completely finished and the neighbors are going to love it. They are anxiously awaiting to see what we are doing. They should be arriving the end of the week! Go for it. They will look beautiful on your wisteria!
That sounds like a beautiful look. You will have to send me pics once it is finished! Can you tell me where you ordered yours from?
Old 05-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Thanks for all of the ideas. I will definitely check with ARC first.
Please let us know what the ARC says.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That sounds like a beautiful look. You will have to send me pics once it is finished! Can you tell me where you ordered yours from?
I just ordered from flower window boxes.com. look at website. All different styles! My awnings are the round French style. The look is going to be a romantic French courtyard look. Will be beautiful. I envisioned this look when we picked out our home! Of course I will send you pictures. I had them in NY against my shingled home. Was so beautiful. In fla going to be even prettier. Order and enjoy!!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I tried to put a rock garden in my backyard, but the rocks all died.
Yeah... my chicken farm failed. I think I planted the eggs too deep.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Yeah... my chicken farm failed. I think I planted the eggs too deep.
I have to tell you, this comment of yours made me choke on a very nice scotch. I'm going to swear off reading your posts while imbibing if you keep this up. ::
Old 05-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I just ordered from flower window boxes.com. look at website. All different styles! My awnings are the round French style. The look is going to be a romantic French courtyard look. Will be beautiful. I envisioned this look when we picked out our home! Of course I will send you pictures. I had them in NY against my shingled home. Was so beautiful. In fla going to be even prettier. Order and enjoy!!
Hope you will post your pics on TOTV so we can all enjoy and oooh and ahhh. Love your creativity!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage

I spoke with Architectural Review and they said to submit a photo similar to what you plan to do and a form located on this page VCDD Architectural Review before installing the window boxes.

Whether it is a pool addition, landscaping, painted driveway, porch enclosure, coloring of walks and/or driveways, arbors, pergolas, trellises or removal of trees that are greater than four (4) inches in diameter it is necessary to submit a Modification/Alteration Form for approval.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I spoke with Architectural Review and they said to submit a photo similar to what you plan to do and a form located on this page VCDD Architectural Review before installing the window boxes.

Whether it is a pool addition, landscaping, painted driveway, porch enclosure, coloring of walks and/or driveways, arbors, pergolas, trellises or removal of trees that are greater than four (4) inches in diameter it is necessary to submit a Modification/Alteration Form for approval.
Do they really want copies of the current tax bill, deed, or property record card for the parcel and a site Plan or boundary survey for window boxes?!?!?!?!?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.