Winn Dixie cards

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Gold member
Default Winn Dixie cards

Well trying to register the card was a miserable experience. They want all this personal information including our phone number which I prefer not to give. After being pressured, I did give phone number and address but refused to give my DOB. I guard that and my social so asked to speak to manager. Would not register it for me. They were even rude so public I will use only. Now I asked them, does it matter if I'm 16 or 60 when I come in to buy groceries?? Not happy with the card registration
Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Gold member

That's only the beginning. Once you have registered your Plenti account, they flood your inbox with emails.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the warning on the Email spam.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

You don't have to give them any information, just pay the full price for everything at the store.

What do you think the purpose of the reward card is? It's to get you to buy more things, and they do that by targeting the advertising and inventory to your demographic. That's why they want all the information they can get. And in answer to your question, yes it does matter if you're 16 or 60, different age groups have different buying habits and needs, don't believe it, go look at the diaper isle at Winn Dixie here in TV, there are more adult diapers than baby diapers. Why, because they know they've learned the demographics of their customers and there's not a lot of need for baby diapers here in TV.

If you don't want to help them target their advertising then they don't need to give you any discount or reward, it's their game and they make the rules and set the prices. No such thing as a free lunch.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Well trying to register the card was a miserable experience. They want all this personal information including our phone number which I prefer not to give. After being pressured, I did give phone number and address but refused to give my DOB. I guard that and my social so asked to speak to manager. Would not register it for me. They were even rude so public I will use only. Now I asked them, does it matter if I'm 16 or 60 when I come in to buy groceries?? Not happy with the card registration
Unless your still using floppy disc personal computer and do not own a cell phone they already own you
Old 06-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I got a Plenti ID card about two years ago at Macys in Gainesville. I was buying some clothes and they signed me up, they said I get points to be used to buy at other places. When I went to WD a couple of months and they showed me the card, I showed them mine and they said you're good. I never got any emails.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Sage

The wife and I have Plenti cards also. No emails.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I went through same emotions and dragged me feet getting new card but gave in. It does indeed seem very intrusive but without a card you don't shop there. I'm laughing as I write this reply I got a Plenti email for some special offer. Oh well.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

I don't have a problem with any of the questions except my phone number. What does my phone number have to do with demographics? It doesn't reveal where I live. So, apparently, I no longer have a Winn Dixie card, and will be giving all my business to Publix.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 PM

When I fill applications out for things like the Plenti card and I don't feel comfortable giving out the information such as date of birth and phone, I make it up. What difference does it make? Although I will admit when I shopped at Wegmans and bought a product that was recalled I always got a call from Wgmans telling me about it. Maybe giving the phone number isn't such a bad idea.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Unless your still using floppy disc personal computer and do not own a cell phone they already own you
I agree. You might have a shot if you never had a credit card and paid everything including your house in cash, have no bank balances or investments or never use the internet. The phone number is so they can call you if there is a discrepency with your account. They don't solicit by phone. I have the card and never received an email....I did use the points for gas on a recent drive and the discount was more that the Winn Dixie card with Shell. We use both Publix and Winn Dixie...depends on where the deals are or who has what BOGO.....one store does not have it all.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Platinum member
Default Turn it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
That's only the beginning. Once you have registered your Plenti account, they flood your inbox with emails.
If you request will they remove you from the email list?
Old 06-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Gold member

The phone number bothered me because I get tele marketing calls all day and can't take it anymore. The email bothered me because my inbox gets flooded from them also however I gave both just to get a card but when we get to DOB and socials No reason they need my personal information. I draw the line there. We are entitled to some privacy. As far as what we purchase, if you go by zip code you will find out our community is retirement.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We signed for the Winn Dixie card...Never get emails or telephone calls.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't have a problem with any of the questions except my phone number. What does my phone number have to do with demographics? It doesn't reveal where I live. So, apparently, I no longer have a Winn Dixie card, and will be giving all my business to Publix.
Your phone number can be used in case you don't have your card with you. I've not received one call since signing up, so whats your concern?
Closed Thread

Tags
give, number, phone, asked, card

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.