Without a Doubt...

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

The "Global warming can" will be kicked down the road just like other cans (deficit, taxes, budget, S.S./Medicare, etc. etc.) until and if there is a crisis. And that just is the way it is...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The "Global warming can" will be kicked down the road just like other cans (deficit, taxes, budget, S.S./Medicare, etc. etc.) until and if there is a crisis. And that just is the way it is...
Except that we as a society have total control of the deficit, taxes, budget, SS/Medicare, etc.. Not so with global warming.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I read recently that the polar bear population has actually increased over the past several years.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I read recently that the polar bear population has actually increased over the past several years.

Thank Goodness. I don't want OUR Polar Bear to be endangered or his dear wife.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Eternal Member

Very interesting to hear all about the global warming but the effect has been amazing on some critters.

For example, Polar Bear was red-hot on the golf course yesterday!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Platinum member

I find it disheartening that some take such a dismal view of making changes. I won't give up my AC but maybe I can live with 78 degrees; I can plant native plants so I don't need to use as much water to irrigate; I can bring my own bags to the grocery store and cut down on the use of plastic; I can buy energy efficient appliances, recycle as much as possible; buy more efficient autos and drive less....little things everyone can do that collectively may help.

I also agree that nothing will be done until it becomes a catastrophe and then there will be much stricter restrictions.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
...the most important article in the newspaper today!!

Right here it is!!

You and the Pope are not going to get much traction in this forum. The enviornment is much better than it was when we found it. Nothing to see here folks, move on.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Default Without a Doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
You and the Pope are not going to get much traction in this forum. The enviornment is much better than it was when we found it. Nothing to see here folks, move on.
Okay, I guess it's time to say it out loud...

It was tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek! If you saw my forum name and happened to see any other of my posts, it should have been reasonably apparent. (It was to several others...right, dbussone?!? )
Old 07-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
It's true and many have been aware of this for a long time. The old ice in northern Canada that took thousands of years in the making is near gone. The new ice, the little of it is much more fragile. Ships are passing into areas that were closed for centuries. We watched a live movies of the old ice quickly sliding into the sea years ago, it is real but some would rather shift blame or go into denial rather than just look at the issue and see if indeed anything can be done or not. It's a real life event occurring.
Calving is normal process. Glaciers are frozen rivers, when they reach the sea a part breaks off, the ice remaining flows down and new ice is formed at the head of the river. Nature at work.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Platinum member

It's the rate of the calving that's concerning. But I give up. Lesson learned.
Closed Thread

Tags
article, newspaper, spoken, important, doubt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.