Wonder How Long It Will Be Before the Morses Take on Mesquite, Nevada?

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
If you haven't done it yet, next time you are in LV consider playing the Wolf Course on the Paiute reservation NW of Las Vegas.
I've played the Snow Mountain course and while nice, what makes Wolf Creek so special is the way they have routed the course down and through the canyons...whereas Paiute is pretty flat.

As a birthday present, I've also played Shadow Creek. In a nutshell, while it is an amazingly lush property in the middle of the desert and you're treated like a king...it wasn't worth the $500 (back in 2004) IMHO. No clue what they want now, but since Wynn sold out anyone can get on if you're staying at one of the MGM properties. The one thing I did like, is that they don't let you drive to it and actually take you and pick you up in a limo.

Using the old 'Last Minute Golfer' (since merged with GolfNow), I played the TPC Vegas for under $100...and really enjoyed that.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Yup! They carry the Zika Virus? Mesquite.?

Nope. The general area surrounding the junction of the NV, AZ, and UT borders is home to a number of FDLS compounds. They are fairly recognizable. Just think "Big Love!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Have any of you that have visited the Mesquite area noted anything out of the ordinary in your travels?
Other than it's a pretty small town and on the east side of it...you can step over into Arizona?
Old 06-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Sage
Default Wonder How Long It Will Be Before the Morses Take on Mesquite, Nevada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I've played the Snow Mountain course and while nice, what makes Wolf Creek so special is the way they have routed the course down and through the canyons...whereas Paiute is pretty flat.

As a birthday present, I've also played Shadow Creek. In a nutshell, while it is an amazingly lush property in the middle of the desert and you're treated like a king...it wasn't worth the $500 (back in 2004) IMHO. No clue what they want now, but since Wynn sold out anyone can get on if you're staying at one of the MGM properties. The one thing I did like, is that they don't let you drive to it and actually take you and pick you up in a limo.

Using the old 'Last Minute Golfer' (since merged with GolfNow), I played the TPC Vegas for under $100...and really enjoyed that.

The public TPC course, The Canyons, or TPC Summerlin (private) where I was a member? Both are good courses.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
The public TPC course, The Canyons, or TPC Summerlin (private) where I was a member? Both are good courses.
The Canyons.

Heck, they were still sending me e-mails 5 years after I played.

Another overrated expensive course, IMHO...is Bali Hai. While the location can't be beat, it looks like any of the courses in southern FL.

Another of my favorites in the Vegas area is Cascata out toward Boulder City. While it might have been an unusual occurrence, it had some of the fastest greens I can ever recall playing. Thank goodness my caddie was pretty good, or I might have 3 or 4 putted half of the holes.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Canyons.

Heck, they were still sending me e-mails 5 years after I played.

Another overrated expensive course, IMHO...is Bali Hai. While the location can't be beat, it looks like any of the courses in southern FL.

Another of my favorites in the Vegas area is Cascata out toward Boulder City. While it might have been an unusual occurrence, it had some of the fastest greens I can ever recall playing. Thank goodness my caddie was pretty good, or I might have 3 or 4 putted half of the holes.

True about Bali Hai. I preferred Southern Hills.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
True about Bali Hai. I preferred Southern Hills.
If we're still talking the Vegas area, did you mean 'Southern Highlands?'

And yes, I love how they did the water features and plethora of little waterfalls everywhere.

That was also on Last Minute Golfer (even though it is supposedly private)...and was a bargain after noon.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
If we're still talking the Vegas area, did you mean 'Southern Highlands?'

And yes, I love how they did the water features and plethora of little waterfalls everywhere.

That was also on Last Minute Golfer (even though it is supposedly private)...and was a bargain after noon.

Yes, thanks for the correction.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Smile

Del Webb has a community in Mesquite but TV has more to offer IMHO but I definitely considered Nevada/AZ before moving here.
Closed Thread

Tags
community, retirement, growing, cart, rolf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.