Anyone have Euro's they want to sell?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Anyone have Euro's they want to sell?

If you have returned from Europe with excess Euro's, I would like to buy some for an upcoming trip. Will pay what ever that days exchange rate is. We will both save the conversion fee. As an example today's rate is $1.14 to a euro. PM me if you have any.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Check your bank. Most do not charge a conversion fee, just straight exchange rates.

So, you gonna sneak me in a trunk and take me, too?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Sage

Actually today almost every bank changes a fee. Usually 4 or 5%. And the same applies when you return them. I have called at least 6 banks and every one charges a conversion fee. Even banks I have substantial accounts at.

So if you know of a bank that charges no fee's, please enlighten me.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Will let you know. Know of someone who just came back from Europe. I was told they exchanged euros at their bank with no fees.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2015, 06:54 AM

I have about $100 worth in different denominations. PM me if interested.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,763 Posts

Being a fairly frequent international traveler I always keep some euros and pounds on hand. However I have found the best way to go exchangewise is to use my Schwab debit card as soon as possible at a bank ATM at my destination. Schwab charges no ATM fee and the conversion premium is minimal. I once lost the card in Turkey and called them. They offered to overnight me a new card at no cost to me. https://www.schwab.com/public/file/P...7378_FINAL.pdf

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Being a fairly frequent international traveler I always keep some euros and pounds on hand. However I have found the best way to go exchangewise is to use my Schwab debit card as soon as possible at a bank ATM at my destination. Schwab charges no ATM fee and the conversion premium is minimal. I once lost the card in Turkey and called them. They offered to overnight me a new card at no cost to me. https://www.schwab.com/public/file/P...7378_FINAL.pdf
I agree, have a Schwab debit card and do the same thing. However if I can round up $1000 or so this way, it's a win for both me and the seller. Because even with Schwab there is a fee. Last time for Sing it was 2.34% but still a fee.

And anyone having some will pay ay least that amount, probably closer to 5% to exchange them to $$$. So good deal for all.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.