Yankees

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 07:58 AM
Default Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
I thought for sure this was a thread about Yankees of the 'Carpet Bag' variety, not a fan of baseball but carry on!
I was thinking the same thing, RR.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:15 AM

Agree with most comments, but start at the beginning:
Cashman is the problem. He is part of the family so there for
ever......Boone is his pawn. Sanch, Grardy and Glabs need to go.
Rest of the offence is first class.......Pitching not good.
Good luck Cashman! Your the problem.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:29 AM

I to am sick of the Yankees. Rude, destructive, self centered. Oh, wait...you DO mean snowbirds right?🥴
Old 09-21-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaiora View Post
I am originally from NY but a Dodger fan, so I always support the Red Sox. I agree with most of what you have stated with one exception - Brett Gardner. Simply a terrible outfielder. No arm, he can barely bounce the ball to the cutoff man. Overpaid, old and the only reason he gets on base is because they have to pitch to him to avoid the heavy hitters. "Poor" Yankees!

I'm an old former Dodger now Red Sox fan too. The similarity years ago was that they both found maddening ways to lose. About the Yankees---a barely suppressed smile and you know why.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaiora View Post
I am originally from NY but a Dodger fan, so I always support the Red Sox. I agree with most of what you have stated with one exception - Brett Gardner. Simply a terrible outfielder. No arm, he can barely bounce the ball to the cutoff man. Overpaid, old and the only reason he gets on base is because they have to pitch to him to avoid the heavy hitters. "Poor" Yankees!
As a life long RedSox fan this thread makes my day!
Old 09-21-2021, 12:14 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikenbats66

Gardner hitting 225 and should play more?
What you thinking of!
Old 09-21-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesFan View Post
You know, I’m SICK and TIRED of the Yankees. They have ZERO chemistry. Stanton isn’t a good fit for New York. Gardner should play a lot more. Torres SUCKS. Sanchez SUCKS. Our pitching SUCKS. George Steinbrenner would NEVER EVER let this happen. BOONE IS A SOFT PIECE OF TRASH. NO ENERGY. DOESNT CARE. I miss the old Yankees energy.
Gardner is hitting .218 with 9 homers in 348 AB's. Not sure he is your answer.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:35 PM

I will never give up on my beloved Yankees. They have done very well through the years and they will in the future!!
Old 09-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You know, I’m SICK and TIRED of the Yankees. They have ZERO chemistry. Stanton isn’t a good fit for New York. Gardner should play a lot more. Torres SUCKS. Sanchez SUCKS. Our pitching SUCKS. George Steinbrenner would NEVER EVER let this happen. BOONE IS A SOFT PIECE OF TRASH. NO ENERGY. DOESNT CARE. I miss the old Yankees energy.

It's not where you are at the beginning, it's where you are at the end.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
It's not where you are at the beginning, it's where you are at the end.
If only they had a little more money and could afford to buy themselves some players. Oh wait - LOL
Old 09-21-2021, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

My grandfather was a big baseball fan but he absolutely detested the Yankees. I don't remember his favorite team as it has been a long, long time ago. He related a story to me about the only major league game he was able to attend. He was a farmer in Iowa and couldn't get away from the farm for very long due to having livestock that needed tending to. I don't remember the team or where the game was but he said he was so excited to get to see his team play live. It was a gift to himself and quite expensive for a farmer to pay for the travel and other expenses. He got his ticket for a seat that wasn't exactly the best but it wasn't the worst location until he got to the seat. There was a support pole right in front of his seat and he had to constantly look around it to see the game. That experience so disappointed him that he never tried to go to a game again.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Answer me this, up north when we make a rare appearance in a urban setting where both Yankee and Red Sox fans coexist we have notIced something. The Sox fans are typically respectable looking young kids dressed reasonably well and wearing their baseball caps the way they are designed to be worn. On the other hand, the typical young Yankee fan looks like a thug, with their pants hanging so low the crotch is between their knees and their hat is on sideways. What’s up with that?
Old 09-21-2021, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I approve this post Alex Cora
Old 09-21-2021, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Go Cardinals

Old 09-22-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
Not sure what the original point of this post is. Being a long time Yankee fan I am certainly able to deal with the mentioned frustrations. The usual of nothing constructive added just puts a point on BS. Could say screw you but would not want to be a problem with the TOTV rules.
The complainers are “ fair weather” fans. I’ve been a Chicago Cubs fan for 60+ years. Now if anyone can keep the faith in an MLB team, it’s a Cubs fan!
Closed Thread

Tags
yankees, sucks, energy, pitching, george

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.