coffe grinder

Old 12-25-2019, 03:52 AM
Default coffe grinder

Hi,
I've my old coffee grinder broken 2 days ago. I was using it only for 4 months, so I'm boiling over. It was bought abroad, so there is no opportunity to return it back and of course, there was no warranty at all. Do you know any good options?

Old 12-25-2019, 04:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenR View Post
Hi,
I've my old coffee grinder broken 2 days ago. I was using it only for 4 months, so I'm boiling over. It was bought abroad, so there is no opportunity to return it back and of course, there was no warranty at all. Do you know any good options?
Do you have a blender will work just as well, but don’t grind too fine

Old 12-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenR View Post
Hi,
Ask Santa for a new one?

Old 12-25-2019, 09:08 AM

Amazon is your friend.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:23 AM

we go to Canada fishing every year, long trip in not near stores. The person buying coffee bought whole bean by mistake. Ended up putting it in a rubber glove and smashing it (cracked finger coffee) was born. Did not work too bad.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Use a hammer. Both on the grinder and on your coffee.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Use a hammer. Both on the grinder and on your coffee.
Already done Anyway, I'm looking for a new one. Now I'm choosing out of these options. I don't want to buy an expensive grinder, so the cheaper the better or there are some ropes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Ask Santa for a new one?
Well, I'll make a try. Thank you for the hint

Old 12-26-2019, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

Can you contact the manufacturer?

Old 12-26-2019, 07:19 AM

I'd go with the Krups. Just note that if you need to grind for 12 cups of coffee, you may need to do two batches in the grinder to meet the amount needed. I've had a Cuisinart grinder about the same size as the Krups you pictured for many years - still purring along.

I'm sure you noted that one of those grinders on the ratings page you linked to is a "burr" grinder, where you hand-crank to grind the beans. Burr grinding gets much higher reviews than electric grinding, (creates a much more uniform size grind than electric) but you're doing the work to grind. Much quieter than electric grinding, though.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:33 AM
Default Coffee Grinder

Go to any Walmart. Buy a Krups Coffee Grinder for about $20. They last for years. You can also get one at Amazon and have it delivered to you.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
I'd go with the Krups. Just note that if you need to grind for 12 cups of coffee, you may need to do two batches in the grinder to meet the amount needed. I've had a Cuisinart grinder about the same size as the Krups you pictured for many years - still purring along.

I'm sure you noted that one of those grinders on the ratings page you linked to is a "burr" grinder, where you hand-crank to grind the beans. Burr grinding gets much higher reviews than electric grinding, (creates a much more uniform size grind than electric) but you're doing the work to grind. Much quieter than electric grinding, though.
Electric burr grinders are readily available, but I don't know how they compare to hand-crank burr grinders. But burr grinding supposedly produces superior results.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:01 AM

Throw the damn thing away and buy an American made one

Old 12-26-2019, 10:10 AM

If you are just making a single cup of coffee for yourself the manual burr grinders such as the Hario and Kyocera are perfect. They are almost identical and the I can't tell the actual ceramic burrs apart. They are interchangeable. I have three of them and use them mostly for travel. Hand grinders in addition to being the least expensive burr grinders are also the easiest to disassemble to clean. Very strongly suggest not buying any kind of blade grinder. As alluded to in your link they are all crap unless you have absolutely no regard for a good tasting cup of coffee. For that matter don't use a blender either, which is nothing but a large blade grinder. My electric grinder is a Breville but they are high end home burr grinders and usually go for about $200, but I understand that most will not want to make that investment. A number of posts have suggested Krups but Krups makes all kinds of grinders including the inferior blade type grinders.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:50 PM

with a burr grinder one can control the size of the grind from coarse to fine. how you brew your coffee will determine a particular grind -- coarse for french press, for instance, fine for espresso, and so forth.

I believe i saw an electric burr grinder at walmart for around sixty bucks.

I gave myself a green coffee bean roaster for xmas so i'm slowly learning about this stuff and still trying to brew the 'perfect' cup.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

I bought my second one from WalMart. It has multiple options for course to fine grind....couldn't do without it.

Tags
grinder, opportunity, return, back, coffe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.