Are you interested in the Japan 2020 OLYMPICS?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Nope, not going to watch all the kneelers, trashing America that gave them so much....Just going to find out if the "female" hammer thrower, and the "women's" soccer team, and such are eliminated, and crack open a beer...Hopefully in the future when we have America back, will look forward to the Olympics again...
I'm only watching women's weightlifting to see if our entry in the heavyweight division sufficiently recovered from her "testicle Injury"...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-22-2021, 12:07 PM

The political statements are becoming overwhelming. I will choose not to watch!
Old 07-22-2021, 12:35 PM

No. Especially the women's soccer. Let them kneel to Sweden. They got their derrieres handed to them.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:47 PM

Negative...politics, and refuse to watch any sport, where transgenders are allowed to compete.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:28 PM
Platinum member

I am watching to see history in the making as men who used to be women line up in the hundreds to compete with men who have always been men.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:34 PM

Yawn. Why bother? Men competing as women, athletes talking smack about the nation they are representing. Its time for this vent to just go away.....
Old 07-22-2021, 04:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

What most have already said. I have no interest in supporting a team or person that disrespects our country.

As I heard another place.....go woke; go broke

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-22-2021, 06:36 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
me, not so much - and I must say...yet.

Much of the 'luster' of Olympic games are tarnished, for me.

First the 1-year delay in holding the Games due to Covid. Then the decision not to have ANY public attend the Games. Then the issues re some USA athletes and the anthem. Then, in the last couple weeks Covid has arisen in Japan, impacting some athletes. And of course the non-Live issue of holding the Games in Asia. So we'd already know results - such as the Women's soccer team losing 3-0 to Sweden - so....why tune in and watch? With all this NBC must be sweating after their $$$$$ investment.

I will probably do 'selective tuning-in'.

But I certainly enjoyed Wimbeldon tennis and the golf Open in England, even the Euro soccer championship. time will tell with the Olympics. I've been to Japan 10 times during my business career, and love the country, the people, and their spirit. But they can't catch a break re the Olympics.
The politics is overshadowing the sports. I’ll watch the gymnastics replays on YouTube. Women’s soccer captain and most of the team are spoiled brats.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The politics is overshadowing the sports. I’ll watch the gymnastics replays on YouTube. Women’s soccer captain and most of the team are spoiled brats.
A serious question is spoiled brats your opinion or do you have knowledge?
Old 07-22-2021, 07:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Wokeism has ruined it for me.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 PM

I concur with many of the comments above, not interested due to the political interjections. I was surprised to see the many comments on this post with the same reaction.
Let's cherish the great memories folks.
Your favorite memories? Mine are
1) watching the opening ceremonies when hosted in China, the 1000's + beating the lighted drums
2) Seeing Michael Phelps excel in swimming, still see his great smile as he won the races,
Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
me, not so much - and I must say...yet.

Much of the 'luster' of Olympic games are tarnished, for me.

First the 1-year delay in holding the Games due to Covid. Then the decision not to have ANY public attend the Games. Then the issues re some USA athletes and the anthem. Then, in the last couple weeks Covid has arisen in Japan, impacting some athletes. And of course the non-Live issue of holding the Games in Asia. So we'd already know results - such as the Women's soccer team losing 3-0 to Sweden - so....why tune in and watch? With all this NBC must be sweating after their $$$$$ investment.

I will probably do 'selective tuning-in'.

But I certainly enjoyed Wimbeldon tennis and the golf Open in England, even the Euro soccer championship. time will tell with the Olympics. I've been to Japan 10 times during my business career, and love the country, the people, and their spirit. But they can't catch a break re the Olympics.
Nope. It's history and I'm looking forward to 2022 in just 5 month!
Old 07-23-2021, 04:58 AM

Bruce Jenner was a patriotic Olympic athlete. Remember the good old days.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:21 AM

I couldn’t disagree with you more - well maybe a little more - not with your opinion. With that I agree 110%. It’s your choice of beverage I disagree with. A beer? That’s the best you can do? Me? I’m going to do a 2 for 1 margarita.
Sorry this was in response to reply number 9.

Last edited by Scorpyo; 07-23-2021 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Didn’t copy the post I to which I was responding.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:25 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
A serious question is spoiled brats your opinion or do you have knowledge?
Yes, read the lawsuit women’s soccer just lost. But not all the team members are spoiled brats.
Closed Thread

Tags
games, japan, olympics, holding, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.