Are you interested in the Japan 2020 OLYMPICS?

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
me, not so much - and I must say...yet.

Much of the 'luster' of Olympic games are tarnished, for me.

First the 1-year delay in holding the Games due to Covid. Then the decision not to have ANY public attend the Games. Then the issues re some USA athletes and the anthem. Then, in the last couple weeks Covid has arisen in Japan, impacting some athletes. And of course the non-Live issue of holding the Games in Asia. So we'd already know results - such as the Women's soccer team losing 3-0 to Sweden - so....why tune in and watch? With all this NBC must be sweating after their $$$$$ investment.

I will probably do 'selective tuning-in'.

But I certainly enjoyed Wimbeldon tennis and the golf Open in England, even the Euro soccer championship. time will tell with the Olympics. I've been to Japan 10 times during my business career, and love the country, the people, and their spirit. But they can't catch a break re the Olympics.
NO!!!!
Old 07-23-2021, 06:33 AM

Not going to let any one or two people drive me away to sit in the corner and pout.

GO KATIE, GO SIMONE, GO USA
Old 07-23-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Nope.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I haven't been interested in the Olympics since they turned it into a professional event.

The 1980 US Hockey team was one of the great sports stories of all time. It's unlikely that we'll ever se anything like that again.

I can't believe that so many people thought that the Dream Team was such a great event. It was a bunch of the best basketball players in he world beating up on a bunch of kids.

As far I'm concerned, the Olympics has been destroyed by money.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Yes, read the lawsuit women’s soccer just lost. But not all the team members are spoiled brats.
Link?

-Tom Petty
Old 07-23-2021, 06:54 AM

The Anti-American attitude of these spoiled brats in all sports, including professionals that make millions, has discouraged me for watching any sports. On the positive side, I think my wife appreciates me spending time and attention on her.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

I'm surprised it's going ahead this year, but yes I'll watch some events. I LOVE gymnastics, especially the women's events, rhythmic gymnastics, diving, trampoline, some swimming events, and 100 meter run. Maybe some tennis also, depending on who's playing.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:02 AM

Have a HS friend that has a grandson in the decathlon that has a good chance of gold so I’ll check him out. Garrett Scantling is his name from Jacksonville.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
What most have already said. I have no interest in supporting a team or person that disrespects our country.

As I heard another place.....go woke; go broke
Ditto!
Old 07-23-2021, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
we have little interest in watching the Olympics any more...there was a time that it was a 'must watch' event for us, but not when
there's a total self-centered girl on the US team that dishonors the very country that has given her the opportunity to compete

The winter Olympics have more interest for us...especially when there's a bobsled entry from some remote place that never has snow....wife also likes the ice skating

Ok...help me out....
The question was if we'll watch or not, I too tend to not pay attention to Olympic ads, that are constantly on, therefore won't watch much if any.
Also, no audience or hoopla...certainly detours watching.....BUT, with all my " ignoring" I don't know what you guys are talking about. Hopefully without getting kicked off this someone can explain. What happened with Sweden soccer game? Who is dissing the US, my guess is the little blonde ? I tend to mute commercials and boring reports and obviously have missed allot.

On another note, usually during the Olympics the other stations have a crappy viewing lineup.....hopefully this year they will realize not to go that route and keep us happy.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote earlier: What most have already said. I have no interest in supporting a team or person that disrespects our country.

Why don't you stop being so hurt and man up and support all the OTHER hundreds of our athletes that did not disrespect our country. Do you not realize you are playing right into their hands. If everyone did what you are doing there would be no support for the US. They would throw then the biggest "winning" party ever.

Relax, get back in charge, let them make a fool of themselves.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:45 AM

Was going to watch but not now since politics has entered and is being allowed. Sick and very sad what is taking place in our homeland and some areas around the world.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:01 AM

Nope until they stop with this woke garbage, I’m out. Those athletes who disrespect the flag my wish is they lose. I won’t support the tv channels carrying it nor their sponsors. I believe we can all make a difference and get the message to all of them by not watching. Let’s take back America!
Old 07-23-2021, 08:09 AM

Don't you mean abandon America. Geeeez How can you give 1 percent all of your power and take your ball and go home sniffling. Enjoy Days of Our Lives, lol.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:14 AM

Nope. Absolutely not. I have no interest in watching these ungrateful athletes. I just don't care anymore. Woke BS has ruined many of the sports I used to love and it ****es me off. Don't tell me they have the "right" to protest. I could care less about their "right" to be disrespectful.
Closed Thread

Tags
games, japan, olympics, holding, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.