The Young Aviator

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 05:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default The Young Aviator

The young aviator entered with a crash and a thud. A dazed and wabbly look, and failed attempts at flight left this beautiful creature appearing as if he had just left one heck of a wild party.

It has stunning black feathers with white trim. A very long straight beak and short legs. The body features resembling a small pelican but a long beak that appeared not drooping at the bottom

He lunged at the lanai screen exasperated at not succeeding flight.

I opened the doors to the bird cage and to the lanai. As I entered the birdcage I noted his entry point evidenced by a hole in the roof of the birdcage the size of a baseball.

My wife and I wondered was this young aviator just inexperienced and failed at his attempt to adjust his rudder when dive bombing for a meal.? Or, was he evading a predator that thought he a good meal?

It took this young aviator about an half hour or so to discover the open door to the lanai and off he flew for new adventures leaving me to temporarily plug a hole and calling for a repairman, but both my wife and I with a childish laughter at the sight of this young aviator's misadventure.

Personal Best Regards:

Last edited by rubicon; 11-04-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The young aviator entered with a crash and a thud. A dazed and wabbly look, and failed attempts at flight left this beautiful creature appearing as if he had just left one heck of a wild party.

It has stunning black feathers with white trim. A very long straight beak and short legs. The body features resembling a small pelican but a long beak that appeared not drooping at the bottom

He lunged at the lanai screen exasperated at not succeeding flight.

I opened the doors to the bird cage and to the lanai. As I entered the birdcage I noted his entry point evidenced by a hole in the roof of the birdcage the size of a baseball.

My wife and I wondered was this young aviator just inexperienced and failed at his attempt to adjust his rudder when dive bombing for a meal.? Or, was he evading a predator that thought he a good meal?

It took this young aviator about an half hour or so to discover the open door to the lanai and off he flew for new adventures leaving me to temporarily plug a hole and calling for a repairman, but both my wife and I with a childish laughter at the sight of this young aviator's misadventure.

Personal Best Regards:
Thanks for posting that. It is a good story.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Thanks for posting that. It is a good story.
my wife and I were on a conference call with our third party Administrator going over our 2018 health care Insurance Plans at the time of the mishap.

We still get a chuckle out of it.
Closed Thread

Tags
young, aviator, lanai, beak, entered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.