Younger Villager trades use of mom's vehicle for drugs.

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Younger Villager trades use of mom's vehicle for drugs.

Now THIS makes me steam...

From the OTHER online news.

Michael Hicks
A 29-year-old Wildwood man is being held on $19,000 bond after he was arrested for having a stolen handgun in a vehicle owned by a Villager.
A Lake County sheriffs deputy spotted a vehicle in a known drug area at 3 a.m. Friday and ran a routine check of the license plate. The check revealed that the automobile was registered to a woman born in 1943 who lived in The Villages. Dispatch was able to contact the Villager who said she had left the vehicle at a postal station within The Villages.
The driver of the vehicle took off and the deputy gave chase. The man crashed the vehicle and then fled on foot with a deputy and K-9 unit in pursuit.
Eventually they apprehended Michael Ural Hicks. He was already wanted on Sumter County warrants charging him with possession and sale of a cocaine. A firearm was found in The Villagers vehicle and a check revealed the gun had been reported stolen in Lake County.
Hicks has been additionally charged with grand theft of a fireman, possession of a weapon by a felon and fleeing/eluding police.
Further inquiry revealed the daughter of the Villager whose car had been stolen, had traded the use of the vehicle for drugs, according to the arrest report.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Doesn't sound like Hicks or the daughter live in TV. Does sound like a family of losers, though. Why would the mother leave her car at a mail station? Trying to protect the daughter? Whole thing smells to high heaven.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Good Points

There is a Congressional Hearing going on now discussing this problem of users. They are pointing out that the Heroin usage is at an exploding level now. A lot of this is because the Cartel's have become very smart using the abuse of prescription drug pain medication to move them to meth, heroin, etc. when their pain prescriptions run out. It was pointed out by the DEA that 86% of Heroin addicts were at one time prescription drug abusers. Of course other drug abusers were/are and started with other forms of drugs, (e.g.meth to crack, crack to heroin, pot as gateways for the broad sprectum of drug users.) It is my understanding that Marion County leads the state in meth houses. Because we are an aged community we are fortunate that users are probably not as many as others. But it is the foundation for crimes and as the population gets younger we should not be surprised to see more drug related crimes.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Drugs issues have wrecked a lot of families. It is one of the reasons I am surprised that people seem to be in favor of legalized marijuana . Those proponents can believe there own press but nothing good will result of legalization . It will only damage people's health entice people to go to stronger drugs make marijuana (drug) dealers legitimate but richer and hence bankroll them to increase the quantity and variety of their products.

As to the children of villagers not all are bad kids and many live with their parents for a number of legitimate reasons. Finally remember we have seniors villagers here who have been caught up with illegal activities. what I m not certain about is if the police blotter reporting these acts being committed by villagers is accurate or ae some just renting in the villages?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am not at all against younger villagers living with their parents in general. I am against drug situations like this affecting our town.

In fact I am very much against the rampant use of recreational drugs of any kind that is illegal.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

It I had my druthers we would go back to the days of ice cream socials
Old 08-17-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Doesn't sound like Hicks or the daughter live in TV. Does sound like a family of losers, though. Why would the mother leave her car at a mail station? Trying to protect the daughter? Whole thing smells to high heaven.
Right, I didn't think we were suppose to leave cars there, plus, why would anyone leave their car at the mail station?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Right, I didn't think we were suppose to leave cars there, plus, why would anyone leave their car at the mail station?

According to the online paper that is the (likely?) story the Villager, born in 1943, told the police. If she really did leave her (operable) vehicle at a postal station, why? and how did she get home?

Bet there is a lot more to this...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Again

Again..It is important to remember that Marion County is the leader in number of Meth. Houses in Florida . (So: Marion County Sheriff's Academy). This means Sumter is also a potential central location for Meth and The Villages as a place to hide or sell drugs. The key is not to become complacent and think twice when voting in favor of another drug, (e.g. pot). As mentioned in my prior note, there is nothing more favorable to a drug dealer(s) than to find young people on a drug and trying to move them up on the drug lists. One clue the Marion County Sheriff's dept gave was that if you see a house that does not look like it is
living in, and not an obvious home of a part time resident etc. let the Sheriff know as that is one of the clues to Meth houses and pot growing activity. Just some thoughts.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

My guess. So the car didn't get impounded or connected to the owner as accessory to the crime with the stolen gun.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1100892]I am not at all against younger villagers living with their parents in general. I am against drug situations like this affecting our town

Who it be? Some are leaches sucking the life out of there parent? Some just can't say no?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:47 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I agree. I hope we get to hear the rest of the story as it unfolds. It's sorry that a daughter would do that to her mother (if this actually happened), but it happens more and more everyday.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1100892]I am not at all against younger villagers living with their parents in general. I am against drug situations like this affecting our town.

In fact I am very much against the rampant use of recreational drugs of any kind that is illegal.[/QUO

I agree.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Methinks the daughter may have some substance abuse issues. Is it possible the mother is an "enabler" as they are known in AA, NA circles?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
vehicle, villager, check, county, stolen, hicks, deputy, revealed, lake, man, villages, drugs, possession, michael, warrants, wanted, sumter, ural, unit, crashed, chase, gave, fled, foot, eventually

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.