Zillow? realtor.com? Get real?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Boomer. . .
(Btw, it is a little weird to look at realtor.com because they do not appear to remove the old pictures from the last time the house was sold. .)

'Old Photos'? Is it because MLS/Appraisal shows the appearance/condition/appeal of the subject at the time of that (prior) sale? Same goes for the 'comps' used in the appraisal (which the appraiser (usually) did not inspect (Discounting a 'drive-by').
Old 07-20-2021, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by APovi View Post
[/I]

'Old Photos'? Is it because MLS/Appraisal shows the appearance/condition/appeal of the subject at the time of that (prior) sale? Same goes for the 'comps' used in the appraisal (which the appraiser (usually) did not inspect (Discounting a 'drive-by').
On other sites the photos are removed when the site receives notice that the property has been sold or has otherwise been taken off-market. On realtor.com listings, however, the photos remain. Some sites will show just the main photo of the front of the house, some will replace any photo with a "SOLD" or "OFF MARKET" logo.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:15 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Our last 3 real estate transactions (1 sell and 2 buys) are on realtor.com with all the old pictures. Zillow has only 2 of them with pictures. The other one is just public and MLS info without the pictures.

Our current Ohio house is "Zestimated" at $40,000 less on Zillow than on realtor.com. I think Zillow is more accurate on that one, but we are not selling anything right now anyway. (I follow sold prices.)

Btw, thank you to those who posted how to get rid of the pictures. I have not done it yet. But it seems like that should be something the listing agent should do for the seller after the closing. If I were listing, I would ask.

Boomer
Closed Thread

Tags
market, realtor.com, time, house, sites

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.