10 Dead In Afghan "Koran Burning" Protests

Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
n/a

Default 10 Dead In Afghan "Koran Burning" Protests

When I read this latest story, in a glut of stories, of the ease of getting huge number of Islamists to attack, kill, and destroy the lives of people innocent of whatever slight "drove" them to their ungodly fury, I realized again that this is why I find myself not caring one bit when I hear or read of the deaths of "innocent civilians" in Middle East Operations.

They could have napalmed the whole damned mass of these protesters. I would not have cared one bit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7310FK20110402
Old 04-02-2011, 10:36 PM
n/a

I think Lou says it well when he stated that extremism is horrible in any way. Of course, the extremist Muslims (radical right) are terribly wrong and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

It does not take much to set them off as they are looking for excuses. So, with that knowledge, why does that lunatic minister in Gainesville publically burn the Koran? He knew it would incite terrorism in some form. I think that minister should be handed over to the Muslim crowd.

Lou does say that extermism is horrible in any way. The Gainesville minister is just as extreme and should be condemned as well as the radical Muslims. I see no difference between the two.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I think Lou says it well when he stated that extremism is horrible in any way. Of course, the extremist Muslims (radical right) are terribly wrong and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

It does not take much to set them off as they are looking for excuses. So, with that knowledge, why does that lunatic minister in Gainesville publically burn the Koran? He knew it would incite terrorism in some form. I think that minister should be handed over to the Muslim crowd.

Lou does say that extermism is horrible in any way. The Gainesville minister is just as extreme and should be condemned as well as the radical Muslims. I see no difference between the two.
You think the Islamics/Muslims have the right to kill/behead someone who burns a book?

You would feel the same way if someone burned a bible?

Are you willing to give up American values for any mob, or just this mob?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 AM
n/a

Quote:

Tbugs

I almost never post in this forum (politics). You can not believe the Gainesville minister is just as extreme as people who behead human beings during a protest! Please reconsider your statement.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
n/a

" 'The Taliban had nothing to do with this, it was a pure act of responsible Muslims,' spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said by phone from an undisclosed location of the Mazar attack."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...2?pageNumber=2

What the heck does "act of responsible Muslims" mean in this context?

And who is Lou Tbugs? I must have missed something.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 AM
n/a

I think...that this act of burning someone's Holy book certainly did NOT make anything better and certainly made things worse.

Just leave well enough alone is what my grandmother would say.

Now the extremists are gonna be looking to do something awful some place in Florida.

Guess where we live??

Some people just like to start things. Those religious zealots in Gainesville weren't motivated by anything good as far as I can see.

We know what extreme Muslims are up to too.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think...that this act of burning someone's Holy book certainly did NOT make anything better and certainly made things worse.

Just leave well enough alone is what my grandmother would say.

Now the extremists are gonna be looking to do something awful some place in Florida.

Guess where we live??

Some people just like to start things. Those religious zealots in Gainesville weren't motivated by anything good as far as I can see.

We know what extreme Muslims are up to too.
Gracie.. We can no longer "adjust our actions and speech" because crazy people somewhere might get violent. Burning the Koran was a statement that he disagrees with the PARTS of that book that are inspiring violence. The violent response to his actions PROVES his point. Those extremists are using that book to justify VIOLENCE. I did not see liberals condemning burning of bibles, or terrible depictions of Jesus, Mary, and the Christian religion. Liberals trumpeted free speech in response to those acts BECAUSE Christians do not react violently, they turn the other cheek. We cannot tell people dont use your free speech because someone will react VIOLENTLY. That is exactly what those VIOLENT people are hoping to accomplish.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Gracie.. We can no longer "adjust our actions and speech" because crazy people somewhere might get violent. Burning the Koran was a statement that he disagrees with the PARTS of that book that are inspiring violence. The violent response to his actions PROVES his point. Those extremists are using that book to justify VIOLENCE. I did not see liberals condemning burning of bibles, or terrible depictions of Jesus, Mary, and the Christian religion. Liberals trumpeted free speech in response to those acts BECAUSE Christians do not react violently, they turn the other cheek. We cannot tell people dont use your free speech because someone will react VIOLENTLY. That is exactly what those VIOLENT people are hoping to accomplish.
Well...it also may be testosterone rather than estrogen (the little I have left) speaking for us.

Fight and defend vs. nurture and protect.

It doesn't seem right to me.

Plus when you start pounding Holy Scripture and quoting, that gets real messy and open to interpretation.

I know which part of the Quran you don't like. I don't like it either, but what a mess we have now...and right here in Florida.

I don't like other people starting fights for me.

Plus...you know what it says in the Bible, "A meek answer turneth away all wrath," and "Turn the other cheek.."

The "eye for an eye" is in there too, but like most people I choose what supports my views.

OH MY, now I am quoting Scripture. Not like me at all.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM
n/a

There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
That sounds right to me. I do not think anyone has the right to push their religion on another. I suppose that everyone thinks that he or she has the right faith and is on the right path.

As my Aunt Jane always told me, "There are a lot of sincere people in Hell".

I am just not as religious as I was when I was younger. I feel bad about that.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
n/a

Parkersburg,

I am not going to preach religion to anyone - but I feel bad when someone says they are atheist. Try church again. Okay, that is it. No replies on this, please, by anyone.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
Who said they were an Atheist. I said I was Agnostic which means I still have doubts. I did not say I was an Atheist. If you have zero doubt, then God Bless You Tbugs.

But, Tbugs, please don't put Terry Jones of Dove World Outreach Center, as you did in your post above in the same boat with the Muslims that have killed so many Americans. You see Tbugs, when you make me an Atheist (which I am Not) and you say Terry Jones is no different than a Muslim Terrorist, you are preaching. I do not support either one of them, but I would rather sit down to dinner with Terry Jones than I would with Osama Bin Laden. Can you at least see the difference?

Also, if you want no replies, DON"T POST.

Just in case I have overstepped my posting authority with this one and get kicked out of here, I would like to say goodbye to all of those I have had conversation with.
To take it from a great poster, I would love to sit down with anyone on this site for a beer anytime. Just say so here, PM or e-Mail and I will be happy to buy the first round. I would love to start with Richielion since we are neighbors. See ya all.
Why would you be removed for this honest post?

I think I am more disenchanted with the "institutional church" and I don't like to mention that I don't go to church, because than that is a worry and a sadness to friends who truly care for me and who believe it would be better if I did. I don't feel guilty not going.

But I still believe that people should not harm or hurt others, take from them in any way and that I should try to help others always if I can. I think that if God lives he walks among us and we have a chance to help him do good stuff if we want to. Although I believe this, I fall short every day.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
n/a

Parkersburg,

Lou, I truly apologize for thinking you said atheist. I misunderstand your posting.

As for sitting down to dinner with Terry Jones or Osama? Neither one!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
Cool. Like I said to Gracie, I seem to be a little jumpy this morining. My daughter is in seeing a Doctor as I type.
Me too. Helene had her cat scan for recheck of lung nodules this morning.

So my friends, if you pray, I am asking for some.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
n/a

Default Terry Jones

I was reading about Terry Jones not apologizing for his Koran burning. It seems to me that he broke the law in his action. The action was displaying a pistol in a church. I believe it is against Florida law to bring a firearm into a church - even if a person has a license to carry a weapon.

Also, his church is only about 25 people. This man is a lunatic and a criminal.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.