10 Dead In Afghan "Koran Burning" Protests

Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I was reading about Terry Jones not apologizing for his Koran burning. It seems to me that he broke the law in his action. The action was displaying a pistol in a church. I believe it is against Florida law to bring a firearm into a church - even if a person has a license to carry a weapon.

Also, his church is only about 25 people. This man is a lunatic and a criminal.
Really don't care about this guy. At most Jones is a nut job with not a lick of common sense. But, BUT!!!, he only "burned a BOOK"; an inanimate object. I'll buy you another one if you're that upset.

He didn't shoot innocent people and believe it to be God's will; he didn't behead innocent people and believe it to be God's will. That was done by the fanatic EVIL practitioners of radical Islam to innocent people who had no idea what the fury was about.

There is no way to compare the two factions.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Me too. Helene had her cat scan for recheck of lung nodules this morning.

So my friends, if you pray, I am asking for some.
Absolutely.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 PM
n/a

Default Is it time to stop talking about Muslim extremists?

We have been repeatedly told that Islam is a religion of peace while the evidence shows that this is anything but the truth. The slaughter of the UN workers is only the latest example that Muslim extremism is the real picture of much of Islam.

We need to accept that 9/11 was widely applauded in much of the Muslim world; the government of Afghanistan and other Islamic nation’s laws not only endorse but require the killing of anyone who dares to convert to a religion other than Islam; when a Danish cartoonist satirized the ‘Prophet’ Mohammad Muslims rioted the world over and he still needs to live in fear of Muslims following their cleric’s teaching to kill him. I can go on and on with Theo Van Gogh, Salman Rushdie, whose death was required by the highest levels of Islam, Ayatollah Khomeini and continues to this day.

Islam is fundamentally opposed to freedom of religion and freedom of speech. The number of Islamic nations that accept these concepts are few if not nonexistent. Religious freedom is something Muslims grab eagerly onto in western nations but absolutely reject in Islamic nations. The same is true for freedom of speech and press. Try taking your own bible into Saudi Arabia or establishing a Christian medical clinic in Indonesia. You will then come to understand how much Muslims buy into freedom.

I know that this post will have others label me as a bigot. This post is, understatedly, politically incorrect. I fear that unless we are willing to clearly face and state the truth that it is not just the ‘extremists’ that want to destroy us, this country and the western world will be slowly suffocated by Sharia.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 PM
n/a

Then I should judge all Christianity by the examples of the pedophile priests.

You DO know that Indonesia - A MUSLIM COUNTRY (where there are more Muslims than anywhere else in the world) - is figthing against the extremists, don't you?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Really don't care about this guy. At most Jones is a nut job with not a lick of common sense. But, BUT!!!, he only "burned a BOOK"; an inanimate object. I'll buy you another one if you're that upset.

He didn't shoot innocent people and believe it to be God's will; he didn't behead innocent people and believe it to be God's will. That was done by the fanatic EVIL practitioners of radical Islam to innocent people who had no idea what the fury was about.

There is no way to compare the two factions.
It is just a book.

But to all of us, some inanimate objects mean a lot of very sacred things.

Destruction of those "things" can bring us to tears or anger.

A wedding ring, an American Flag, a Bible, a first Communion book, a rosary, pictures of our children, pictures of our parents who are gone, a cross, ...a star of David...

If any of those things were destroyed JUST because of hatred, it would make the owner want to fight.

My point was originally that this book, THIS book was burnt just to incite attention and to begin a huge fiasco that could have been avoided.

It goes against anything I have learned that is right.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
n/a

Default False analogy and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Then I should judge all Christianity by the examples of the pedophile priests.

You DO know that Indonesia - A MUSLIM COUNTRY (where there are more Muslims than anywhere else in the world) - is figthing against the extremists, don't you?
If Christians responded to the Pedophile priests by saying the priests were only reacting to what muslims did in the Mideast, or if Christians failed to condemn the priests because they were afraid other priests would kill them, I would agree with you.

Your analogy is false and you know it.
JJ
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
It is just a book.

A wedding ring, an American Flag, a Bible, a first Communion book, a rosary, pictures of our children, pictures of our parents who are gone, a cross, ...a star of David...

If any of those things were destroyed JUST because of hatred, it would make the owner want to fight.

My point was originally that this book, THIS book was burnt just to incite attention and to begin a huge fiasco that could have been avoided.

First, let me say that burning a book is a stupid thing to do, especially one that is considered sacred, such as a bible or a koran. Does it justify or excuse murder?

Gracie; are you saying you understand why Muslims would riot and kill innocent people because somebody burned a book?

Really? When has that happened in response to any example you cited, other that the evil people who rioted in Afghanistan and beheaded innocent UN workers?

Burn a book?; kill an innocent? You can't tell me you don't see where the true evil lies.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
First, let me say that burning a book is a stupid thing to do, especially one that is considered sacred, such as a bible or a koran. Does it justify or excuse murder?

Gracie; are you saying you understand why Muslims would riot and kill innocent people because somebody burned a book?

Really? When has that happened in response to any example you cited, other that the evil people who rioted in Afghanistan and beheaded innocent UN workers?

Burn a book?; kill an innocent? You can't tell me you don't see where the true evil lies.
My answer is still the same. Two wrongs don't make a right. Even if the wrongs are VERY unequal. I cannot see where starting this, burning the Quran was right, when the person knew that it would incite an awful outcome.

I will say it again.

It is just a book.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM
n/a

Default so if

Quote:
My answer is still the same. Two wrongs don't make a right. Even if the wrongs are VERY unequal. I cannot see where starting this, burning the Quran was right, when the person knew that it would incite an awful outcome.

I will say it again.

It is just a book.

So if Christians respond with riot and murder to the next "art" exhibit sponsored by the National endowment to the "ARTS", you will say the same thing.. I doubt it.
Of course you do not have to worry about it because Christians are Christians, and you know that.
JJ
Old 04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
n/a

Quote:

I will say it again.

It is just a book.

Tears or anger.......... Well now........... if that's all the reaction the Muslims had when someone insulted them we wouldn't be having this discussion. If that's all that happened we would all just be talking about the insensitivity of an ignorant preacher named Jones.

Well, that's not what happened and what did happen makes even the term "pales in comparison" totally inadequate. My point was you cannot equate one action with the other.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
If Christians responded to the Pedophile priests by saying the priests were only reacting to what muslims did in the Mideast, or if Christians failed to condemn the priests because they were afraid other priests would kill them, I would agree with you.

Your analogy is false and you know it.
JJ
Bull. Cardinal Bernard Law was the first of many to tell the abused to shut up because they were making the Church look bad. They are the ones who transferred priests from parish to parish so they could rape continuously. IN the case of the first most famous case (r. James Porter) he estimated ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY boys were raped. The Pope recalled Law to the Vatican before he was to be served with a subpoena.

Christians all over Massachusetts reacted with "it's not possible!" indignation. chruch leaders told the abused that if it DID happen, they should go to counseling - TO A PRIEST!!

My point was not to equate raping children with murder.

My point was to equate judging the whole by the actions of a few.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
My point was to equate judging the whole by the actions of a few.
Theoretically, I agree with you; except that in the case of Islam the few are in the millions and the rest dare not object.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
n/a

Default Can we agree that???

Can we agree on this?
Burning the Koran nor the bible is the right thing to do , but it does not in any way explain or justify rioting and murder.
Do you agree and if not, why not?
JJ
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Theoretically, I agree with you; except that in the case of Islam the few are in the millions and the rest dare not object.
Richie, you are correct on this. The killing of the UN staff in Afghanistan was an act of Islamic barbarism just as the burning of Danish embassies and other European buildings together with killings throughout the Middle East in response to the cartoons was barbaric.

The response to the pedophile priests was to use the criminal and civil court systems. What is being discussed is the reaction to acts that may be found objectionable. If Islamic standards were applied to the situation of the pedophile priests, then churches should be torched throughout the world and innocent parishioners murdered in cold blood. I say again that Islam does not accept freedom of the press, freedom of religion or freedom of expression in Muslim nations, but demands it in western nations.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
Richie, you are correct on this. The killing of the UN staff in Afghanistan was an act of Islamic barbarism just as the burning of Danish embassies and other European buildings together with killings throughout the Middle East in response to the cartoons was barbaric.

The response to the pedophile priests was to use the criminal and civil court systems. What is being discussed is the reaction to acts that may be found objectionable. If Islamic standards were applied to the situation of the pedophile priests, then churches should be torched throughout the world and innocent parishioners murdered in cold blood. I say again that Islam does not accept freedom of the press, freedom of religion or freedom of expression in Muslim nations, but demands it in western nations.
Every word you say is true. Hard to argue with the truth. The only recourse is to deflect.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.