33% of Millenials live with their parents

33% of Millenials live with their parents

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-09-2018, 08:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Bad tax slaves! Get out there and work! I need your money!

A Third of American Millennials Live with Their Parents! - YouTube
My 25 year old son owns his own house...my 23 year old daughter just graduated UM with a BSN this past spring, has a job in Trauma ward, and is looking at homes (she worked while going to school and has $ saved up for down payment). I guess they are the 66%...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 01-09-2018, 08:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I left home at 18 not knowing if I would get a job or not. What I knew was I needed to stake my own claim. This new generation have no sense of adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In talking with the millenials, I noticed a lot of them did not have "toys" on their mind. I seldom heard about desires to have fast cars, boats, motorcycles, and the such. I know when I was young, those desires motivated me to work for the money to buy the "toys" I hoped for.
They just seem happy enough with less.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 08:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
In talking with the millenials, I noticed a lot of them did not have "toys" on their mind. I seldom heard about desires to have fast cars, boats, motorcycles, and the such. I know when I was young, those desires motivated me to work for the money to buy the "toys" I hoped for.
They just seem happy enough with less.

Like Talt, they are happy with 3 hots and cot, also, mommy must pay for his internet so he can live out his fantasy project and so many imaginary friends.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Like Talt, they are happy with 3 hots and cot, also, mommy must pay for his internet so he can live out his fantasy project and so many imaginary friends.
Somebody has to look for numbers in movies...well actually not.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
My 25 year old son owns his own house...my 23 year old daughter just graduated UM with a BSN this past spring, has a job in Trauma ward, and is looking at homes (she worked while going to school and has $ saved up for down payment). I guess they are the 66%...

They are the typical "white debt slaves". They will have one child and work forever.

Negros and Hispanics go the other route...total dependence on government...making up to $60,000 a year in total government benefits. Popping out kids with reckless abandon.

They are the majority now...51%...and growing...minorities have most of the children now.

You SHOULD tell your kids to have LOTS of kids themselves...take back America...make it white again.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
I left home at 18 not knowing if I would get a job or not. What I knew was I needed to stake my own claim. This new generation have no sense of adventure.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your last statement. Too many young people today are afraid to venture outside their comfort zone to seek opportunities. I did it, and thankfully my son did it when he lost his first job near home after a departmental lay-off. Ironically, he is back here due to a job transfer, but wouldn't hesitate to leave again if need be. In comparing him to many others around here his age, it is amazing how much more he has accumulated both in terms of wealth and experience because he wasn't afraid to take the necessary steps. And now, if need be, he wouldn't hesitate to pack up and go again if he had to.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
They are the typical "white debt slaves". They will have one child and work forever.

You SHOULD tell your kids to have LOTS of kids themselves...take back America...make it white again.
I was thinking they might retire early like me, but maybe your right.

A lot of my son's older friends (28 or so) have been having kids. We attended a first birthday for one of them and there had to be 6 newborns in attendance. The parents of the kid that was celebrating the first birthday are expecting again.

Maybe you old single guys could knock a few gals up, instead of just giving them an STD?? jk

Old 01-09-2018, 09:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last statement. Too many young people today are afraid to venture outside their comfort zone to seek opportunities. I did it, and thankfully my son did it when he lost his first job near home after a departmental lay-off. Ironically, he is back here due to a job transfer, but wouldn't hesitate to leave again if need be. In comparing him to many others around here his age, it is amazing how much more he has accumulated both in terms of wealth and experience because he wasn't afraid to take the necessary steps. And now, if need be, he wouldn't hesitate to pack up and go again if he had to.
His LIFE is his work...instead of the other way around...working to live.

His choice...others choose to have roots and find employment where they can.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
And now, if need be, he wouldn't hesitate to pack up and go again if he had to.
Am I reading that correct, did he move back in with you and he has a job?

IF So, why doesn't your adult son have to pack up and move out?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

You raised him well.

Tags
work, money, slaves, live, millenials