6/14/2017 E-mail to Me and Millions of Others by Gabby Giffords.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:05 PM
n/a

Thumbs up 6/14/2017 E-mail to Me and Millions of Others by Gabby Giffords.

I thought this was very good coming from Gabby Giffords--

Quote:
*** -

It doesn't matter if you're a Democrat or a Republican, nor if you're a senator or a representative, nor a staffer or a sworn officer. If you serve the institution of Congress, you're connected to your colleagues, current and former, by a shared sense of service to ideals far greater than yourself.

This morning’s shooting is an attack on all who serve and on all who participate in our democracy.

I am heartbroken for the pain of Congressman Scalise, the other victims, and their family, friends, and colleagues who survived.

I am thankful for the great courage of the Capitol Police, who were my protectors after I was shot and became my friends.

I also know the courage it takes to recover from a shooting like this, and I know Steve and everyone there this morning have such courage in great supply.

May all Americans come together today with prayers for the survivors, love for their friends and family, and the courage to go about everyday making this country its best. Our nation is resilient, and we always come back stronger.

- Gabby Giffords
Old 06-14-2017, 05:48 PM
n/a

Nice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 06:31 PM
n/a

Of all the people who are qualified to speak of the effects of political hate...she is definitely one.

Her message should be taken to heart, instead of using such a heinous outlier...to try and broad-brush an entire group.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:00 PM
n/a

This is an eloquent statement by Gabby Gifford and coming from her it does carry some weight. I think what happened today is terrible but to say these "leaders" doing the peoples work are somehow special falls short with me. The majority of our leaders in Washington are there for themselves. The medium income in USA is about $50,000. What do you suppose the income and accumulated wealth of those sacrificing and doing the peoples work is. The hate and disdain is self inflicted. I listened to Paul Ryan today, I used to be a fan of his, but hearing him brought the same feeling as driving my fingers down my throat.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Of all the people who are qualified to speak of the effects of political hate...she is definitely one.

Her message should be taken to heart, instead of using such a heinous outlier...to try and broad-brush an entire group.
Not to disparage Gifford, but why do you feel that she is especially qualified to speak of political hate? Was her shooting politically motivated? As a matter of fact, the shooting was NOT politically motivated.
If you wish to suggest that she is somewhat qualified to advocate for gun control, then yes she is.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Not to disparage Gifford, but why do you feel that she is especially qualified to speak of political hate? Was her shooting politically motivated? As a matter of fact, the shooting was NOT politically motivated.
If you wish to suggest that she is somewhat qualified to advocate for gun control, then yes she is.
Actually, the shooter in this case hated all politicians and came to a town hall type event to kill Gifford upon whom he was fixated.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually, the shooter in this case hated all politicians and came to a town hall type event to kill Gifford upon whom he was fixated.
And you know that this is not totally true, don't you? You had better go back and do some more research. He was not any particular political affiliation and he hated just about everyone. He was a wacko that they deemed to be afflicted in the head.

Tags
friends, great, gabby, giffords, miillons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.