ACT for America

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
n/a

Default ACT for America

a huge audience was wowed last night by dynamic and informed speaker, brigitte gabriel, an expert on the agenda of radical islam...please google her foundation, ACT for America, and become better aware of the dangerous and insidious ways our culture is being changed from within. in my opinion, this problem is more urgent than govt shutdowns, political maneuverings, the budget or anything else....if you were not there you missed a very moving evening.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 AM
n/a

I have been told I am racist by my grandchildren because I am VERY worried about radical Muslims...and I sure don't want to be a racist.

But I really fear the radical Muslim philosophy.

I know some moderate Muslim folks and although I really don't agree with the way woman are treated, they are kind and nice.

I think that the radical Muslim belief is to eliminate all infidels...and infidels are people who are not radical Muslims...maybe they would spare the moderates in their own faith, I don't know.

But they, if I understand it right, are out to kill us Christians and Jews and atheists.

I hate to be hateful and I probably just was and I probably am on this issue.

I am scared.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM
n/a

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have been told I am racist by my grandchildren because I am VERY worried about radical Muslims...and I sure don't want to be a racist.

But I really fear the radical Muslim philosophy.

I know some moderate Muslim folks and although I really don't agree with the way woman are treated, they are kind and nice.

I think that the radical Muslim belief is to eliminate all infidels...and infidels are people who are not radical Muslims...maybe they would spare the moderates in their own faith, I don't know.

But they, if I understand it right, are out to kill us Christians and Jews and atheists.

I hate to be hateful and I probably just was and I probably am on this issue.

I am scared.
You are not hateful and you are not racist Gracie !

We have been told not to fear...even on this forum during the campaign we had posters saying they will not live their life in fear, HOWEVER...this is a group of people (radical muslims) who have announced to the world they want to kill and have killed.

How does a reasonable person not fear that ? They continue to chase nuclear weaponery to kill more and that fact is fortified by our government and those who study this for a living, but we are not to fear they say.

You have every right to be scared and do you and I and others "live their lives in fear" as those who poke jest at us...no, it does not affect our lives on a daily basis, but it is prudent to be aware that their is a threat working 24 hours a day...7 days a week to find new and more horrible ways to kill you and your children and their children !

You nor I change what we do each day, nor cower in the corner, but we also do not close our eyes to what is really happening in the world. I hate nobody as an individual, but when a well financed group says they want to kill me and my family simply because I am not like them, I listen ! Especially when they have done it, continue to do it and will do it again. Any group that takes pride in televising beheading of people who were killed like that simply because they are not muslim is something to fear
Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 AM
n/a

I am far more fearful of other extremists who live right here in this country - the Christian far-right who want their religion legislated. I am scared to death they want to take away my future grandaughter's right to chose, make her pray in school, teach her "creationism" as a scientific fact and ban her from marriage if she is a lesbian. These are the people I fear and see as the downfall of America - the Michelle Bachmanns, Ann Coulters and the ever-wacky Glenn Beck.
Sure, there are radical Muslims, but the change you see happening in the Middle East is the beginning of a new world there. Women are seeing that they, too, can be equal and pursue their fulfillment. The young people are getting "westernized" and want a new system of government that includes the people. Radicals of any religion will always be there and Christians have certainly been a large part of that in the past. Before we get too holier than thou, remember how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity.
It's videos like this that keep the radicals supplied with recruits and the fear and hatred it breeds fortifies their resolve against us.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
I am far more fearful of other extremists who live right here in this country - the Christian far-right who want their religion legislated. I am scared to death they want to take away my future grandaughter's right to chose, make her pray in school, teach her "creationism" as a scientific fact and ban her from marriage if she is a lesbian. These are the people I fear and see as the downfall of America - the Michelle Bachmanns, Ann Coulters and the ever-wacky Glenn Beck.
Sure, there are radical Muslims, but the change you see happening in the Middle East is the beginning of a new world there. Women are seeing that they, too, can be equal and pursue their fulfillment. The young people are getting "westernized" and want a new system of government that includes the people. Radicals of any religion will always be there and Christians have certainly been a large part of that in the past. Before we get too holier than thou, remember how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity.
It's videos like this that keep the radicals supplied with recruits and the fear and hatred it breeds fortifies their resolve against us.
I also fear extremism....difference is that they are not killing and beheading to get their way !

Also, please tell us the last extremist in any religion that beheaded publicly those who dont agree with them...or attacked public buildings to kill innocent people !

I heard not one person here or otherwise oppose anything you say...wanting a government that wants the people invloved, etc......their ONLY FEAR AND LOATHING is for the KILLING, BEHEADING AND KILLING OF INNOCENTS.

You somehow equate the fear of the radical actions taken with the advances in the middle east and I, for one, cannot see ANY parallels at all

To equate those folks you mentioned with the killers being discussed is...well, cant think of a word to describe. Your political hatred is taking control !
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
When I was very young and very much interested in science, at the age of 12 I wrote a letter to the Columbus Dispatch about Darwins Theory of Evolution and how it was clear to me that it was science and a very understandable scientific theory. All hell broke out in my personal life as my stepmother was embarrassed and enraged over my ....lack of morality and I heard a lot of things about "if you want to believe you descended from monkeys etc."

I lived with my grandparents and didn't know that my stepmother felt differently about this, which I soon learned was a HUGE issue.

At that time evolution was taught as a theory in public school.

I still believe in evolution and have even claimed monkeys as my ancestors, but I have learned that most of the people who don't see it that way are decent, loving, responsible, sincere and caring people whose religion teaches a different hypothesis.

We can't change the way people think. We can choose how we behave toward them if they don't agree with us.

I don't know what the wisdom is here, but I am really conservative on a lot of things. Just me and my monkeys still hold forth. You don't read much about monkeys beheading anyone.

P.S. I know in my heart who instilled life in the first one celled organism. (Who is way back on my mothers side.) I traced it in ancestry.com.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
n/a

Palestinians celebrate the brutal stabbing murder of a Jewish family, including their baby, in their sleep. Palestinians rejoiced in the street and handed out sweets.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...041106,00.html
Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 AM
n/a

I view them with the same disdain I hold for Fred Phelps.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 AM
n/a

Default back to the issue at hand

disregarding from whom we have evolved or whom we disdain the most, the issue is that if one desires to curtail the advancement of a radical islamic agenda in our country, one good way to do it is to ACT for America! join this organization and contribute whatever you can afford to keep their lobbyist in washington to speak for you. if brigitte gabriel, an immigrant from lebanon, is willing to speak out in the face of death threats, surely we can contribute monetarily to her very important cause. put our money where our mouth is, so to speak!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.