Affordable Care Act

Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM
n/a

Default Affordable Care Act

I'm a Democrat, and compared to many of you I'm quite liberal in my political thought. I'm proud of that.

Now I know that most Republicans don't agree with my politics, but that doesn't make them stupid, mean, or self-centered. It just makes them different, and, in my opinion, wrong. Hooray for open and respectful political discourse, which has become so hard to find in America today where we treat our political party like our favorite sports team, and winning is the only objective.

So go ahead and call me a libtard, moron, Communist, wussy, or whatever you wish, but know that when you do I simply laugh at the inability of some of you to argue with facts so you resort to name calling.

MY POINT: I am concerned about vast numbers of Americans losing health insurance coverage and I suspect that many Republicans are as well. To repeal the ACA without a clear, detailed, and workable alternative to implement immediately is simply politics rather than good policy. The GOP will own that. Forget about the name "Obamacare" that inflames so many critics of the President, and just read some facts in the article below about the ACA. Thanks!

Republicans call Obamacare a 'failure.' These 7 charts show they couldn't be more wrong - LA Times
Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 AM
n/a

Obama Care is the perfect example of politics and not good policy.

As was stated many times before the ram job (Obama care), there was a system tha t worked for most people.

What was needed was to fix or add to the existing system that which corrected ar added value to fill needs not well attended by the current system.

All tha is wrong with Obama care and the resulting twistng and turning and increasing costs were all predicted/forecast to come. And indeed now the inadequacies and the spiraling costs are occurring just as predicted on the time table predicted.

The only reason....THE ONLY REASON....Obama care was creayed was to satisfy Obama's need to show he did something. Some of us remember all too well the direction he gave to Pelosi.......just get me something I can sign. And we all remember the back room deals.......and who will ever forget Pelosi encouraging the legislation to be approved "...so we can see what is in it...".

Obama's political need was the ptiority, not the need of we the people.

There is no mystery what so ever.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I'm a Democrat, and compared to many of you I'm quite liberal in my political thought. I'm proud of that.

Now I know that most Republicans don't agree with my politics, but that doesn't make them stupid, mean, or self-centered. It just makes them different, and, in my opinion, wrong. Hooray for open and respectful political discourse, which has become so hard to find in America today where we treat our political party like our favorite sports team, and winning is the only objective.

So go ahead and call me a libtard, moron, Communist, wussy, or whatever you wish, but know that when you do I simply laugh at the inability of some of you to argue with facts so you resort to name calling.

MY POINT: I am concerned about vast numbers of Americans losing health insurance coverage and I suspect that many Republicans are as well. To repeal the ACA without a clear, detailed, and workable alternative to implement immediately is simply politics rather than good policy. The GOP will own that. Forget about the name "Obamacare" that inflames so many critics of the President, and just read some facts in the article below about the ACA. Thanks!

Republicans call Obamacare a 'failure.' These 7 charts show they couldn't be more wrong - LA Times
Question:

Were you just as concerned about the millions that lost their health care coverage because of ObieCare? If not, then you shouldn't now either because the new program will take care of more folks and still get the cost down. Something that was not considered in rushing through ObieCare.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Question:

Were you just as concerned about the millions that lost their health care coverage because of ObieCare? If not, then you shouldn't now either because the new program will take care of more folks and still get the cost down. Something that was not considered in rushing through ObieCare.
Question:

What new program?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 11:33 AM
n/a

ACA : An unfair attack by the Dems on the Blue Collar and Middle Class hard working families .

" If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance ".
" If you like your Dr. you can keep your Dr. "
" Every family will enjoy a reduction in premiums of about $2,500 per year " .
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Question:

What new program?

Private and Free enterprise, and opening up the restrictions that prevented the sale of insurance over state lines.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Question:

What new program?

ONLY white people get treated because only white lives matter.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:13 PM
n/a

Quote:

After six years of trying to repeal Obamacare, the republicans have no plan, but 'some ideas' according to Speaker Ryan. The interesting thing is they can repeal it with only 51 votes, but it will take 60 votes to replace it. Where do they think the will get those eight votes to pass a replacement, certainly not from the democrat side of the aisle.

As Joe Biden said recently, 'go ahead repeal Obamacare. We double dog dare you'.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:33 PM
n/a

Quote:

I'm a moderately conservative republican and I agree. The ACA cannot simply be repealed all at once. It needs to be done in stages and it needs to be replaced with something that will actually work. As far as people losing their healthcare coverage, those who now have it, will have it for at least the next year. So it's not like the law will be repealed and suddenly 20 million people will not have coverage.

The ACA does not provide coverage anyway it only provides a means to get coverage, mandates that everyone have coverage and subsidizes some people that can't afford coverage. I don't know how many of the 20 million that were added are subsidized, but I do believe that there are a lot of people that got insurance because it was mandated. Those people will be able to drop their coverage.

For those who cannot afford coverage, we still have Medicaid. What's wrong with simply expanding that program?

A lot of people whose premiums have increased from 20% to 120% might be relieved to be able to drop their coverage.

I think that you're right. It shouldn't be called Obamacare. A more appropriate name would be the Pelosi-Reid medical folly.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm a moderately conservative republican and I agree. The ACA cannot simply be repealed all at once. It needs to be done in stages and it needs to be replaced with something that will actually work. As far as people losing their healthcare coverage, those who now have it, will have it for at least the next year. So it's not like the law will be repealed and suddenly 20 million people will not have coverage.

The ACA does not provide coverage anyway it only provides a means to get coverage, mandates that everyone have coverage and subsidizes some people that can't afford coverage. I don't know how many of the 20 million that were added are subsidized, but I do believe that there are a lot of people that got insurance because it was mandated. Those people will be able to drop their coverage.

For those who cannot afford coverage, we still have Medicaid. What's wrong with simply expanding that program?

A lot of people whose premiums have increased from 20% to 120% might be relieved to be able to drop their coverage.

I think that you're right. It shouldn't be called Obamacare. A more appropriate name would be the Pelosi-Reid medical folly.
There's NO WAY to cover 50 million...yes the real number...without everyone else's rates going up. THAT is why they had to vote for it before learning what was in it!

They had NO coverage a few years ago...now they have no coverage again...what's the big deal?
Old 01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
ONLY white people get treated because only white lives matter.
Not true . For decades the underclass received free health care at the local ER of their community hospital .

All the ACC did was to shift the burden onto backs of the working Blue Collar and Middle Class segments .

That`s why the Chief Justice ruled that the ACC required insurance fees were a " Tax " . And went on to say that the Fed Gvt has the right to impose taxes .
Old 01-05-2017, 03:32 PM
n/a

Quote:

Old 01-05-2017, 03:38 PM
n/a

There are 33 million still without insurance. Most of the Obamacare recipients that signed up were the ones that lost their private insurance when Obamacare was passed. Today, the left if bragging about all those folks that are currently signing up for ObieCare. I bet they are not that stupid to think that these folks are worried about paying a INCOME TAX RETURN fine and had to sign up real fast. Do you think that anyone is going to pay after they sign up? Ha, ha, ha, ha. When the left pushed Obiecare in 2009 there were about 45 million that did not have insurance. How many even wanted insurance? The rich don't because they get less quality service than they can get if they pay cash. Why should they sign up? The young don't care because they don't need it. The poor don't care because they have Medicaid. No, nobody wanted it but the left NEEDED it to redistribute the wealth and they needed to try to add to the slush fund. So, they stole almost a trillion bucks from Medicare to subsidize Obiecare and now in 2017, this year all H3ll is going to break loose because of the failure of Obiecare. None of this needed to happen, but the left insists on being everyone's nanny whether asked or not.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:46 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear Guest:

Obamacare was engineered to fail because the intention all along was to go to a single payer plan meaning the government had total control over your health care needs. The government has repeatedly shown it is incapable and should not be allowed to choose winners and losers . As to healthcare two words come to mind VETERAN ADMINISTRATION

Obamacare was a partisan decision and done in haste. And when you implement in haste you end up repenting in leisure.

The government had the means to deal only with those uninsured there was no need to invent ACA. Now the entire health care/insurance/patient community is stuck with a dud.

There are sensible and easy solutions to get us out of this mess. The real problem are bickering politicians while Rome burns

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-05-2017, 03:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

Obamacare was engineered to fail because the intention all along was to go to a single payer plan meaning the government had total control over your health care needs. The government has repeatedly shown it is incapable and should not be allowed to choose winners and losers . As to healthcare two words come to mind VETERAN ADMINISTRATION

Obamacare was a partisan decision and done in haste. And when you implement in haste you end up repenting in leisure.

The government had the means to deal only with those uninsured there was no need to invent ACA. Now the entire health care/insurance/patient community is stuck with a dud.

There are sensible and easy solutions to get us out of this mess. The real problem are bickering politicians while Rome burns

Personal Best Regards:
Good post
Attached Images
File Type: png new-american-holiday.png (125.9 KB, 9 views)

Tags
political, politics, act, care, affordable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.