Akan People.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Consider the following:

"Only white people are capable of being racist, according to a workshop hosted at Ohio State University.

The workshop, titled “Interrupting Racism: Tips & Tools for White People,” is part of the university’s “Ally Week of Action,” according to The College Fix."

Again we have shadowy figures stoking this racism nonsense for personal gain.

You do not have to defend residents of The Villages. Every community has a few of these haters. Indeed they come in all colors and religions.

Why continue to give them a platform?

That's what is wrong with the media today its all tabloid. we spend more time and thought to celebrities marital problems or divas attacking one another than we do on news that materially affects our lives.

Personal Best Regards:
Don Baldwin is all over Talk of the Villages' Political Forum. I am not giving him a platform but counter-acting this person's constant racism.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Akan people - Wikipedia

Wish people would learn more about the different groups of people in Africa like the Akan people rather than just lumping them all together. They seem quite different from one another. Like Native American tribes such as the Lakota, Apache, Cheyenne, Paiute, etc.

They are some very well known men and women who have their ancestry in the Akan people. Ashanti people - Wikipedia

List of Akan people - Wikipedia

I had some Lakota members or half-breeds in my U of MN Law School classes or running around in the halls as well as Paiutes at my high and middle schools in Reno, Nevada. Had a class in Native American history with many of them at Earl Wooster High School.

Tal
I have defended your posts on many occasions and many of those seemed "off the wall". However, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for your starting this weird thread - and then to call some "half breeds running around in the halls" is just too strange. Just think about how others will react before actually posting!

Sometimes, the best idea is to think about what you are about to post - and don't post it.

Yes, I did think about posting this.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Tal
I have defended your posts on many occasions and many of those seemed "off the wall". However, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for your starting this weird thread - and then to call some "half breeds running around in the halls" is just too strange. Just think about how others will react before actually posting!

Sometimes, the best idea is to think about what you are about to post - and don't post it.

I am referencing a half Jewish/Lakota friend of mine from back then. A prominent Judge now in St. Paul, Minnesota and a daughter of a very well known lawyer who defended the Indians who were at the Wounded Knee demonstration in 1973.
Wounded Knee incident - Wikipedia http://www2.mnhs.org/library/findaids/00229.xml

Obituary: Ken Tilsen, a champion of justice for all, dies at 85 - StarTribune.com

Why is it so strange to try to get people to learn about the different ethnic groups that make up people on a continent almost four times the size of the United States?

Don Baldwin and others are constantly talking about blacks and these blacks come from many different countries in Africa with many different ethnic histories. The Akan People are one of these very large groups.

https://www.saylor.org/site/wp-conte...kan-People.pdf

Collections | National Museum of African Art

https://africa.si.edu/collections/vi...c-25218497d615
Old 09-22-2017, 03:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick wackadoodle View Post
Afro-Jamaican - Wikipedia

Many Afro-Jamaicans have DNA from their Akan people ancestors.
You still hoping to bang your dead brothers wife???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 04:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
In all due respect for posters please enlighten me on exactly where we are going with this type of thread?

What purpose does it serve?

Racism was eliminated with the court cases such as Brown v Education and it was eliminated with legislation such as the 1964 Civil Rights Act, etc etc.

What we have now are radicals being lead /paid by shadowy figures wanting to create discord disharmony and anarchy for their self interests.

My God this nation elected a black guy for president not once but twice.

Personal Best Regards:
yup...we've been dumbed down a LOT.

Quote:
Don Baldwin is all over Talk of the Villages' Political Forum. I am not giving him a platform but counter-acting this person's constant racism.
You mean you're LYING to counter the truth?

What have I said that is WRONG in a factual sense?

You just can't fathom that I'm right and there's a different species being masqueraded as being human.

GO to W or S Chicago. Go to Memphis. Go to E St Louis. Go to ANY of the black places and you can see for yourself "their character". Visit MLK Blvd...see your "peers".
Old 09-22-2017, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Tal

Tal sputters on the political forum, no rhyme or reason at times.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 05:11 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 06:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Cher sang about the term.

CHER in SAN DIEGO 2014: HALF BREED (by adriano) - YouTube

Chi - are you suggesting that if Cher sang about anything, that makes it acceptable???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 06:12 PM
n/a

How to get tickets to the National Museum of African American History | Local News | lancasteronline.com

Good to see there are people interested in the historical an cultural differences among various African-American groups which have widely varying origins on the massive continent of Africa. National Museum of African American History and Culture | A museum that seeks to understand American history through the lens of the African American experience.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ32162 View Post
Lots of Rap songs where the term 'N!ggers' is also used. So, what's your point?
Lighten up fvckhead, just adding some frivolity to a bonehead thread.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:25 PM
n/a

Quote:

I still do not think that trying to get people to study African geography and history and the least bit "bonehead" as you put it. It might shut Don Baldwin up for a while.

Have people here even heard of the Akan people??? Akan - Art & Life in Africa - The University of Iowa Museum of Art

British Museum - Archive: Akan drum
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM
n/a

Quote:

The use of profanity in your response to a civil post clearly shows your lack of education. Perhaps your time would be better spent working on your GED, rather than posting your profanity laced tripe on this forum.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 PM
n/a

Default Vanessa Williams and Colour of the Wind.

Colour of the wind - Vanessa williams - YouTube

Vanessa Williams seems to have 1/4 Akan People DNA. Vanessa Williams’ Surprising DNA Test – Ancestry Blog
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I still do not think that trying to get people to study African geography and history and the least bit "bonehead" as you put it. It might shut Don Baldwin up for a while.

Have people here even heard of the Akan people??? Akan - Art & Life in Africa - The University of Iowa Museum of Art

British Museum - Archive: Akan drum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ32162 View Post
The use of profanity in your response to a civil post clearly shows your lack of education. Perhaps your time would be better spent working on your GED, rather than posting your profanity laced tripe on this forum.
Great. Tal and AJ on the same side. Glad to spark some bipartisanship.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Great. Tal and AJ on the same side. Glad to spark some bipartisanship.

Best of luck with your GED studies. Keep us posted of your test results.

Tags
american, high, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.