Akan People.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:19 AM
n/a

Default Akan People.

Akan people - Wikipedia

Wish people would learn more about the different groups of people in Africa like the Akan people rather than just lumping them all together. They seem quite different from one another. Like Native American tribes such as the Lakota, Apache, Cheyenne, Paiute, etc.

They are some very well known men and women who have their ancestry in the Akan people. Ashanti people - Wikipedia

List of Akan people - Wikipedia

I had some Lakota members or half-breeds in my U of MN Law School classes or running around in the halls as well as Paiutes at my high and middle schools in Reno, Nevada. Had a class in Native American history with many of them at Earl Wooster High School.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 AM
n/a

Old 09-22-2017, 09:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Akan people - Wikipedia

Wish people would learn more about the different groups of people in Africa like the Akan people rather than just lumping them all together. They seem quite different from one another. Like Native American tribes such as the Lakota, Apache, Cheyenne, Paiute, etc.

They are some very well known men and women who have their ancestry in the Akan people. Ashanti people - Wikipedia

I had some Lakota members or half-breeds in my U of MN Law School classes or running around in the halls as well as Paiutes at my high and middle schools in Reno, Nevada. Had a class in Native American history with many of them at Earl Wooster High School.
Your term 'half-breeds' is a derogatory term. I would think that an "educated" man like you would know better. An appropriate term would be 'mixed-race'.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:05 AM
n/a

Default Akan People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Akan people - Wikipedia

Wow, seems like you've invited conversation on the term half breed [emoji15]

I suspect that is what they called themselves ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 10:06 AM
n/a

Default Akan People.

///
Old 09-22-2017, 11:07 AM
n/a

Cher sang about the term.

CHER in SAN DIEGO 2014: HALF BREED (by adriano) - YouTube

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Cher sang about the term.

CHER in SAN DIEGO 2014: HALF BREED (by adriano) - YouTube

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Lots of Rap songs where the term 'N!ggers' is also used. So, what's your point?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Akan people - Wikipedia

DNA test them...they either have the Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA or not. Blacks have neither.

Blacks have different ancestors and are therefore a different species scientifically but not politically. Imagine the fate of the 10s of millions of poor blacks living in the inner cities the day the government admits they're an inferior species.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Lots of Rap songs where the term 'N!ggers' is also used. So, what's your point?
If they can say it...even derogatorily...so can I...equality you know. In fact...that's MY cultures word so ONLY I can call you that.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:54 AM
n/a

Vanessa Williams - Wikipedia

Looks like Vanessa Williams has about 1/4 Akan DNA.

She is a really good actress and singer.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM
n/a

Afro-Jamaican - Wikipedia

Many Afro-Jamaicans have DNA from their Akan people ancestors.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:06 PM
n/a

In all due respect for posters please enlighten me on exactly where we are going with this type of thread?

What purpose does it serve?

Racism was eliminated with the court cases such as Brown v Education and it was eliminated with legislation such as the 1964 Civil Rights Act, etc etc.

What we have now are radicals being lead /paid by shadowy figures wanting to create discord disharmony and anarchy for their self interests.

My God this nation elected a black guy for president not once but twice.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
In all due respect for posters please enlighten me on exactly where we are going with this type of thread?

What purpose does it serve?

Racism was eliminated with the court cases such as Brown v Education and it was eliminated with legislation such as the 1964 Civil Rights Act, etc etc.

What we have now are radicals being lead /paid by shadowy figures wanting to create discord disharmony and anarchy for their self interests.

My God this nation elected a black guy for president not once but twice.

Personal Best Regards:
There is a lot of racism on this Political Forum. I am trying to counter it so people do not get the wrong impression of people here in the Villages.

And Obama was probably about 1/2 African. He is a mix of a lot of ethnic groups.
Barack Obama Sr. - Wikipedia. Luo people of Kenya and Tanzania - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luo_peoples
Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
There is a lot of racism on this Political Forum. I am trying to counter it so people do not get the wrong impression of people here in the Villages.

And Obama was probably about 1/2 African. He is a mix of a lot of ethnic groups.

Luo peoples - Wikipedia
And, you are the one who refers to mixed-race Native Americans as 'half-breeds'...go figure.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:

Luo peoples - Wikipedia
Consider the following:

"Only white people are capable of being racist, according to a workshop hosted at Ohio State University.

The workshop, titled “Interrupting Racism: Tips & Tools for White People,” is part of the university’s “Ally Week of Action,” according to The College Fix."

Again we have shadowy figures stoking this racism nonsense for personal gain.

You do not have to defend residents of The Villages. Every community has a few of these haters. Indeed they come in all colors and religions.

Why continue to give them a platform?

That's what is wrong with the media today its all tabloid. we spend more time and thought to celebrities marital problems or divas attacking one another than we do on news that materially affects our lives.

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
american, high, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.