Is America, Rome?

Old 08-20-2017, 05:09 AM
n/a

Default Is America, Rome?

I sent this to a columnist whom I view possessing great intelligence, reasoning and writing abilities and hence have great respect for her.

When this resistance movement began it looked like the left was doing their best imitation of the Alinsky Rules. However, a closer look at the left's tactics appear to resemble the same policy employed by Scientologist to destroy their enemies real and perceived.

Mankind has the ability to communicate to billions of people simultaneously and yet we lack great orators and leaders today. We have no one who can inspire,project a great vision, create hope , gain the confidence and trust of people, make us laugh ,not in government, not in education, not in religious institutions or any other industries.

We have a plethora of doomsayers, hatemongers, narcissists, willing to destroy everything in their path to achieve their self interests.

We needed another Ronald Reagan this past election cycle to obtain a resurgence of patriotism, optimism and mostly respect for this great nation.
But none exist in any party which in itself is a great failure.

Is America, Rome?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-20-2017, 05:47 AM
n/a

America has become diluted. America will become Mexico II as Hispanics become the absolute majority within 30 years.

This "movement" is simply the minorities becoming the majority and changing things politically to what they want. When a city becomes a minority majority as MANY are...they elect "their people" to run things. Why do you think most cities are being run into the ground? Because they elected "their people" instead of white people to run things. This "movement" is the changing of the demographics...the changing from white rule to colored rule. The slide will intensify from here on out. From #1 to #25...with much lower to go.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
America has become diluted. America will become Mexico II as Hispanics become the absolute majority within 30 years.

This "movement" is simply the minorities becoming the majority and changing things politically to what they want. When a city becomes a minority majority as MANY are...they elect "their people" to run things. Why do you think most cities are being run into the ground? Because they elected "their people" instead of white people to run things. This "movement" is the changing of the demographics...the changing from white rule to colored rule. The slide will intensify from here on out. From #1 to #25...with much lower to go.
Perfect example is New Haven, Connecticut. All black government, ghettos are growing, shootings are up. Drugs are running rampant, dealing is the main employment. Just another self proclaimed "sanctuary city".
Old 08-20-2017, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
I sent this to a columnist whom I view possessing great intelligence, reasoning and writing abilities and hence have great respect for her.

When this resistance movement began it looked like the left was doing their best imitation of the Alinsky Rules. However, a closer look at the left's tactics appear to resemble the same policy employed by Scientologist to destroy their enemies real and perceived.

Mankind has the ability to communicate to billions of people simultaneously and yet we lack great orators and leaders today. We have no one who can inspire,project a great vision, create hope , gain the confidence and trust of people, make us laugh ,not in government, not in education, not in religious institutions or any other industries.

We have a plethora of doomsayers, hatemongers, narcissists, willing to destroy everything in their path to achieve their self interests.

We needed another Ronald Reagan this past election cycle to obtain a resurgence of patriotism, optimism and mostly respect for this great nation.
But none exist in any party which in itself is a great failure.

Is America, Rome?

Personal Best Regards:
I believe America to be the greatest country ever to exist.

I never believed America to be perfect for sure, but I believe in America.

I believe in our ability to overcome whatever confronts us by talking and listening.

I believe America is made stronger by every new person who comes here with a dream.

I do not dilute myself to think America is perfect, but I believe America is made up of people who believe in freedom, understand how that freedom can at times seem an impediment, but also know we raise ourselves to greater things when we understand how blessed we are and the hard work of understanding that is needed to maintain that.

America is, despite those who want it to be about labels, is still the great melting pot of history.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
I believe America to be the greatest country ever to exist.

I never believed America to be perfect for sure, but I believe in America.

I believe in our ability to overcome whatever confronts us by talking and listening.

I believe America is made stronger by every new person who comes here with a dream.

I do not dilute myself to think America is perfect, but I believe America is made up of people who believe in freedom, understand how that freedom can at times seem an impediment, but also know we raise ourselves to greater things when we understand how blessed we are and the hard work of understanding that is needed to maintain that.

America is, despite those who want it to be about labels, is still the great melting pot of history.
I agree with you that America is the greatest country to ever exist. My concern is, can we keep it that way? So much has changed, especially where ambitions are concerned. Past generations believed in hard work and making your own way. I am so thankful that I was raised in a family where that was not only taught but modeled. No one in my family would have even considered a handout, no matter how down on their luck they may have been.

Today that mentality has greatly changed overall. Many feel entitled to be taken care of and others just lack the motivation to work that hard. I see it all around me in dealing with the general public in my workplace. I know the times have been harder over the past years, getting a job and making ends meet compared to when I graduated from college, but if we continue the trend of more and more people on the government payroll, our country will not continue on the path of greatness.

A great and inspiring leader is a start as the OP suggests, but much of this comes from teaching and role modeling IMO.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
I agree with you that America is the greatest country to ever exist. My concern is, can we keep it that way? So much has changed, especially where ambitions are concerned. Past generations believed in hard work and making your own way. I am so thankful that I was raised in a family where that was not only taught but modeled. No one in my family would have even considered a handout, no matter how down on their luck they may have been.

Today that mentality has greatly changed overall. Many feel entitled to be taken care of and others just lack the motivation to work that hard. I see it all around me in dealing with the general public in my workplace. I know the times have been harder over the past years, getting a job and making ends meet compared to when I graduated from college, but if we continue the trend of more and more people on the government payroll, our country will not continue on the path of greatness.

A great and inspiring leader is a start as the OP suggests, but much of this comes from teaching and role modeling IMO.
I agree, except I have a different twist on the subject.

I believe we need someone in the White House who truely and sincerely believes in this country.

You are correct that attitudes have changed. In my opinion, our economy is the reason. People do not come out of the womb wanting you to pay their way. It is an attitude that is nurtured over years. Why ?

We need employment, and we need to get it by a positive means. I oppose Trump, the man, but I do believe we need to make our economy vibrant again. NOT by mocking other countries, but by our leaders working "together" to find ways. Sounds very simple and bland, doesn't it ? Well, I think it that simple. I certainly have no answers because I do not have that skill set.

Here is where we separate. Instead of a leader who can provide leadership to bring our leaders together to solve this problem, we instead of a person who has zero interest in that. What he calls making America great...I do not and will restate something I quoted before.

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."

Instead we have the opposite. We have a person who is not willing to put in the work to listen to others. The solution is there...we simply need to stop talking ABOUT others and listening to them.

Attitudes can change. It takes time and hope, not accusations and chanting. It takes work, not rallies.

Oh, and since you quote the OP, this is the same poster who posted a day or so that Trump should have been elected well before he was, and who feels revulsion for those who,oppose Trump. I oppose Trump because he is simply the worst possible person to have that job. He is not and will not "do the work". As I said....rallies, accusations are not the answer, especially once you have been elected and are President.

Those on this forum who like to indulge in maligning me and my standards say, for some reason, that means I am whatever name or syndrome they come up with that day., but , IN MY OPINION, I recognize we are going in reverse, and Trump, as many of his close friends have said....does not want to do the work required. His interests are self, and in my opinion, that is clear. The quote I shared about loving our own "people" means ALL our people. Political differences are one thing....from the Oval is totally different.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
I agree, except I have a different twist on the subject.

I believe we need someone in the White House who truely and sincerely believes in this country.

You are correct that attitudes have changed. In my opinion, our economy is the reason. People do not come out of the womb wanting you to pay their way. It is an attitude that is nurtured over years. Why ?

We need employment, and we need to get it by a positive means. I oppose Trump, the man, but I do believe we need to make our economy vibrant again. NOT by mocking other countries, but by our leaders working "together" to find ways. Sounds very simple and bland, doesn't it ? Well, I think it that simple. I certainly have no answers because I do not have that skill set.

Here is where we separate. Instead of a leader who can provide leadership to bring our leaders together to solve this problem, we instead of a person who has zero interest in that. What he calls making America great...I do not and will restate something I quoted before.

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."

Instead we have the opposite. We have a person who is not willing to put in the work to listen to others. The solution is there...we simply need to stop talking ABOUT others and listening to them.

Attitudes can change. It takes time and hope, not accusations and chanting. It takes work, not rallies.
I can hardly believe it, but we're going to agree to AGREE! Good post - you make some excellent points. I can honestly say that I am not all that thrilled with Trump, the man, myself. My vote for him was more a vote for a movement in this country in another direction. My hope is to break up the cronyism that is Washington and outside interests that seem to influence what happens in this country more than the influence of we the people. By voting for someone who was more of an outsider, that is what I hoped for. Whether that will happen or not, is yet to be seen.

I like your quote and it rings true. Unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot of hate around us at this time and it is coming from both sides. I don't feel this started with Trump's presidency though. It seemed evident to me that it was building throughout both W. Bush and Obama's presidencies and has escalated with Trump's. I tend to think the reason for the escalation is 2-fold however. One is obviously Trump's lack of good communication skills. I am still not convinced, as you are, that he is only out for himself and not wanting to make America great again as he states, but again that is yet to be seen. The other factor is that the silent majority finally has a voice to combat the disregard that many of us have felt over the past 8+ years where our beliefs, faith, etc have been repeatedly trampled on. Unfortunately, that voice is far from perfect in speaking for all of us, but it's a start.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 AM
n/a

Every great society is doomed. The thing that accelerated demise was poor borders.

History is just repeating itself.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:20 AM
n/a

Reckless reproduction by those you can't control their urges or purposefully reproducing for religious dominance must be addressed.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
I can hardly believe it, but we're going to agree to AGREE! Good post - you make some excellent points. I can honestly say that I am not all that thrilled with Trump, the man, myself. My vote for him was more a vote for a movement in this country in another direction. My hope is to break up the cronyism that is Washington and outside interests that seem to influence what happens in this country more than the influence of we the people. By voting for someone who was more of an outsider, that is what I hoped for. Whether that will happen or not, is yet to be seen.

I like your quote and it rings true. Unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot of hate around us at this time and it is coming from both sides. I don't feel this started with Trump's presidency though. It seemed evident to me that it was building throughout both W. Bush and Obama's presidencies and has escalated with Trump's. I tend to think the reason for the escalation is 2-fold however. One is obviously Trump's lack of good communication skills. I am still not convinced, as you are, that he is only out for himself and not wanting to make America great again as he states, but again that is yet to be seen. The other factor is that the silent majority finally has a voice to combat the disregard that many of us have felt over the past 8+ years where our beliefs, faith, etc have been repeatedly trampled on. Unfortunately, that voice is far from perfect in speaking for all of us, but it's a start.
Ok..we agree somewhat, but part ways on Trump.

Let me ask you a question because I know you try to be honest.

You are a smart lady, so you are aware, since being President Trump has lied very many times. Almost daily, and has made serious unfounded allegations against individual people who he felt did not agree with him (including serious legal charges) all from the Oval Office.

How do you square what you call "lack of good communication skills" with outright lies and baseless personal accusations coming from our Oval Office ? Remembering these are broadcast throughout the world.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
Ok..we agree somewhat, but part ways on Trump.

Let me ask you a question because I know you try to be honest.

You are a smart lady, so you are aware, since being President Trump has lied very many times. Almost daily, and has made serious unfounded allegations against individual people who he felt did not agree with him (including serious legal charges) all from the Oval Office.

How do you square what you call "lack of good communication skills" with outright lies and baseless personal accusations coming from our Oval Office ? Remembering these are broadcast throughout the world.
Why would a smart woman answer a loaded question from an obiviously NOT smart individual?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why would a smart woman answer a loaded question from an obiviously NOT smart individual?
I rest my case with your post.

If you oppose Trump, you NEVER are allowed a defense for what you say and prove is true.

You are called a name or in some way de humanized, BUT I am the one at fault......I am the one who needs to be muffled. i am the one who overreacts (albeit with proof and links).

Amazing.........You obviously, Jack9696, are just fine with the lies. Ok, your choice, but I do not have to be.

Is that simple enough for you ?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
I rest my case with your post.

If you oppose Trump, you NEVER are allowed a defense for what you say and prove is true.

You are called a name or in some way de humanized, BUT I am the one at fault......I am the one who needs to be muffled. i am the one who overreacts (albeit with proof and links).

Amazing.........You obviously, Jack9696, are just fine with the lies. Ok, your choice, but I do not have to be.

Is that simple enough for you ?
So you admit it was a stupid loaded question?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
HOW OLD ARE YOU ? What grade are you in ?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack9696 View Post
Al, is that you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tags
great, people, respect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.