Is America, Rome?

Is America, Rome?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-20-2017, 09:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
Ok..we agree somewhat, but part ways on Trump.

Let me ask you a question because I know you try to be honest.

You are a smart lady, so you are aware, since being President Trump has lied very many times. Almost daily, and has made serious unfounded allegations against individual people who he felt did not agree with him (including serious legal charges) all from the Oval Office.

How do you square what you call "lack of good communication skills" with outright lies and baseless personal accusations coming from our Oval Office ? Remembering these are broadcast throughout the world.
Why would a smart woman answer a loaded question from an obiviously NOT smart individual?

Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Why would a smart woman answer a loaded question from an obiviously NOT smart individual?
I rest my case with your post.

If you oppose Trump, you NEVER are allowed a defense for what you say and prove is true.

You are called a name or in some way de humanized, BUT I am the one at fault......I am the one who needs to be muffled. i am the one who overreacts (albeit with proof and links).

Amazing.........You obviously, Jack9696, are just fine with the lies. Ok, your choice, but I do not have to be.

Is that simple enough for you ?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post

If you oppose Trump, you NEVER are allowed a defense for what you say and prove is true.

You are called a name or in some way de humanized, BUT I am the one at fault......I am the one who needs to be muffled. i am the one who overreacts (albeit with proof and links).

Amazing.........You obviously, Jack9696, are just fine with the lies. Ok, your choice, but I do not have to be.

So you admit it was a stupid loaded question?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
HOW OLD ARE YOU ? What grade are you in ?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack9696 View Post
Al, is that you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 11:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ok..we agree somewhat, but part ways on Trump.

Let me ask you a question because I know you try to be honest.

You are a smart lady, so you are aware, since being President Trump has lied very many times. Almost daily, and has made serious unfounded allegations against individual people who he felt did not agree with him (including serious legal charges) all from the Oval Office.

How do you square what you call "lack of good communication skills" with outright lies and baseless personal accusations coming from our Oval Office ? Remembering these are broadcast throughout the world.
I don't and I admit, I can't. I have trouble with that as well. My end result is not to glorify this President in any way. There are many times that I just cringe to be honest and wish he would listen to those better voices around him. My desired end result is, as I said, for a different voice to be heard in this country - one that has been silent for way too long. If this is the path that we have to take to get there, then so be it. Just to repeat why I think this is so important - if both sides are not being heard, we will never get to the truth.

Now let me preface this next thought with this - as a person of faith I have no additional knowledge than anyone else as to what God is trying to do with this great country of ours. BUT, I do know that He uses and has used some pretty pathetic characters (at least in the eyes of society) to turn situations around for good. Having said that, I choose not to be the judge of our President's character and instead choose a wait and see approach based on actions and outcome.

I hope that this at least helps in answering your question.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
I don't and I admit, I can't. I have trouble with that as well. My end result is not to glorify this President in any way. There are many times that I just cringe to be honest and wish he would listen to those better voices around him. My desired end result is, as I said, for a different voice to be heard in this country - one that has been silent for way too long. If this is the path that we have to take to get there, then so be it. Just to repeat why I think this is so important - if both sides are not being heard, we will never get to the truth.

Now let me preface this next thought with this - as a person of faith I have no additional knowledge than anyone else as to what God is trying to do with this great country of ours. BUT, I do know that He uses and has used some pretty pathetic characters (at least in the eyes of society) to turn situations around for good. Having said that, I choose not to be the judge of our President's character and instead choose a wait and see approach based on actions and outcome.

I hope that this at least helps in answering your question.
This is a great and honest answer and I appreciate it.

I agree with all of it except the part about Trump. I, also had visions of him despite my feelings, of overcoming and doing what is best. Those visions are history.....he is the son of a Klan member, and spent his professional live as a racially divisive person, and after 7 months, he appears to be going back to the white nationalism he espoused for so many years.

BUT, everyone can change, right ?

Let us just pray that God continue to bless our country, because the trend is not a good one at all.

AGAIN thanks for honesty.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 AM
n/a

Quote:

Abby here again, not to be confused with poster you are addressing in post above-

I do get your point and don't like it from either side. It is nonproductive and very irritating, especially if you're the one being targeted. Not sure if it's because I'm still in the workplace and have to deal with a lot of negativity and insult dealing with the public, that I tune it out better than you do, or that I've just had to learn how to not take everything so personally. In other words, not worth my time to engage because it will only drag me down. You can always put the repeat offenders on ignore. As much as I didn't want to resort to that, I decided to try it with one person on here. When I realized I wasn't missing a thing by avoiding that person's posts, I decided to keep it that way.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a great and honest answer and I appreciate it.

I agree with all of it except the part about Trump. I, also had visions of him despite my feelings, of overcoming and doing what is best. Those visions are history.....he is the son of a Klan member, and spent his professional live as a racially divisive person, and after 7 months, he appears to be going back to the white nationalism he espoused for so many years.

BUT, everyone can change, right ?

Let us just pray that God continue to bless our country, because the trend is not a good one at all.

AGAIN thanks for honesty.
Amen to that! And you're welcome.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:09 PM
n/a

As the OP my intent was to point out that this nation, and in fact, the world lacks inspirational leadership.

Why all of the threads on Political Talk quickly move solely to Trump is part of this nation's problems.

Why aren't we ( collective nationally) devoted to keeping all of our politicians, government employees, educators, etc focused on solving America's problems?

Why aren't we demanding they do their jobs ?

Surely we didn't elect them to create division?

How can we devote such energies to this task if we ourselves remain so divided?

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
great, people, respect