American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 06-23-2017, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
6595 posts now in my massive 224 613 Project of 26 year. I recall that Gene Coppola the Director of the Palm Harbor Library the first time I met him around July or August of 2000 demanded a cut of 50% if they got involved with this Project. I said no right away to Coppola as I had just met him and already had nine years of hard work on this Herculean effort. Other library directors in the Tampa Bay area were more friendly especially Lana Bullian who I used to say hi to quite often when she was at Tarpon Springs PL and then when she became Library Director at the Safety Harbor PL.

Ignore the trolls on here. They like to stir doubts and anger just because they can on an unmoderated Political Forum.

Coppola saw something he wanted to steal with my 224 613 Project. And this is intellectual property of sorts. It is very well documented as well.

I was a volunteer at Palm Harbor Library for then about two months when I met Gene Coppola around July or August of 2000. I had a MA in Librarianship and Information Management and then maybe ten years of library related work or volunteer experience. In addition I had a JD and two BAs in Philosophy and History with two semesters of Spanish as well. And some Dutch and German courses too taken after getting these 4 degrees. The Spanish was after I got my MA and while I was working as an Indexer/Abstractor at the Ziff Davis owned Information Access Company.
6708 views as of 9:40 AM EST 6/23/2017.

Anyone see The Book of Henry? Looks quite interesting. And I loved the 226 dresses and then the 24 hours to take action in Wonder Woman.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
6708 views as of 9:40 AM EST 6/23/2017.

Anyone see The Book of Henry? Looks quite interesting. And I loved the 226 dresses and then the 24 hours to take action in Wonder Woman.
What does this have to do with the topic of the thread? NOTHING!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:58 AM
n/a

6725 views now. So cool. 9:58 AM 6/23/2017. Ignore the trolls. Put your thinking caps on.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
6725 views now. So cool. 9:58 AM 6/23/2017.
I'll have to give you credit, at least you know how to tell time and read a calendar. So cool.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ32162 View Post
What does this have to do with the topic of the thread? NOTHING!
Tal, Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Every thread is your personal blog, tell us about your daily activities.

Did your dog do diarrhea poopy today? Did you step in it?

Btw, CNM is still doing poopy in pants.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:18 AM
n/a

Cool

Some pretty nice smiles in the Walmart a few days ago. Why are they smiling? Try to figure it out. And Ignore the trolls on here. I use snail mail as well as e-mail coupled with Facebook and personal meetings.

And at the Rialto as well. Now that was so cool.

Quote:
6725 views now. So cool. 9:58 AM 6/23/2017. Ignore the trolls. Put your thinking caps on.
Still 6725 views despite the attacks by various trolls.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Some pretty nice smiles in the Walmart a few days ago. Why are they smiling? Try to figure it out. And Ignore the trolls on here. I use snail mail as well as e-mail coupled with Facebook and personal meetings.

And at the Rialto as well. Now that was so cool.
Looking forward to your next rambling post. So cool.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Where can I buy a 'thinking cap' at a reasonable price? Where did you buy yours?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Personally, I quite enjoy seeing the trolls lose their minds... trying to quell their obsession with you.

You're living in their heads rent free...and it is driving them over the edge (albeit, it's a short trip).

Good job.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:41 PM
n/a

Thumbs up

Quote:
Personally, I quite enjoy seeing the trolls lose their minds... trying to quell their obsession with you.

You're living in their heads rent free...and it is driving them over the edge (albeit, it's a short trip).

Good job.
6787 views now as of 4:40 PM. EST. I wonder how the American Library Association convention in Chicago is doing? The librarians I knew at the University of Denver Graduate School of Librarian and Information Management were pretty good party-goers.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
6787 views now as of 4:40 PM. EST. I wonder how the American Library Association convention in Chicago is doing? The librarians I knew at the University of Denver Graduate School of Librarian and Information Management were pretty good party-goers.
Haver on Tal, haver on.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:51 PM
n/a

The law librarians I met were a much more serious group. A law student at the U of MN tried to make us do a music video to market the library and all of us were mumbling to the music. The regular law students probably found it quite hilarious and would have fit in with the stereotype of Marian the Librarian Library History Timeline / Marian the Librarian you still see in various movies like with the recent flick Hidden Figures.

The Stereotype Stereotype | American Libraries Magazine

6815 views as of 6/23/2017 7:58 PM EST.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:46 PM
n/a

6819 views now. Various posters on TOTV when I have told my story about the 224 613 Project have suggested I start a web-site. There is no need as there are many web-sites for survivors/victims of crimes out there. It is using them that is the problem. Often they are difficult to use in some way. That's where librarians come in. The whole point of my 26.5 year Project was to create a dialog between a lot of groups about the practical informational needs of survivors/victims. Social workers, physicians, nurses, lawyers, victim/witness assistance providers, journalists, librarians, publishers, writers, victimologists, etc., should be working together with their community to develop these. But the public should be the people whose judgment about the usefulness of these resources would be most sought. What is in your community's library and just how practical do you find it?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Law libraries are our checks and balances on the legal system. Or one of the most important ones of these safe guards if someone does not get why this is important. Many people do understand why this is important.

The Shawshank Redemption - Movie Quotes - Rotten Tomatoes

What Shawshank Redemption Can Teach You About Business

Also check out the law library in the Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia Philadelphia (2/8) Movie CLIP - More Comfortable (1993) HD - YouTube or the public library in Hidden Figures and that church in Hidden Figures while you are at it.

Ivanka Trump Tweet About Libraries Doesn'''t Go Down Well | Fortune.com
6830 views now of stuff in my Herculean 224 613 Project. 226 dresses and 24 hours to do something.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:25 PM
n/a

6853 views now as of 6/24/2017. That alley way in Suicide Squad was almost as interesting as Blake Lively's watch and that buoy in The Shallows . Kind of have to Focus to notice these things though as it is quite a lot to expect this kind of Outbreak and speaks of Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland (2015) - Rotten Tomatoes

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.