American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 04-28-2017, 06:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
And the majority of the views are yours. Probably 98% of the views are yours.

Take your child toys to Facebook with the other teenyboppers.
My views do not count. It is new view counters. Why do you people lie so much?
Old 04-28-2017, 06:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
My views do not count. It is new view counters. Why do you people lie so much?
1507 views.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
1507 views.
Still 1507 views. But 153 posts. Some of them are mine but many are from a group of trolls who have been attacking me often and harassing me quite a bit. 23, 057 views of stuff I have somewhere else but those have my name all over them so they are not accessible as far as I know from TOTV.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:11 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Hear me roar. 1527 views now. I remember that the Law Librarian Congress in 1990-1995 or 1996 M. Kathleen Price had called me a tiger when I started forcing the issue of accessibility of information for survivors/victims of crimes which was based then on my own experiences with the 2-24-1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell and its aftermath dating to 1985. It gets rather complicated from there and I do not have any inside knowledge of what happened after that in DC.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:59 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Squirrel!

Do not let people distract you from what I have been trying to post on here. 1569 views now too.

Would a church be a more logical place for survivors/victims of crimes to look for access to practical information about the rights and services available to them. Historically, it seems like religious organization did fulfill that need. Some still do it especially for "unpopular" survivors/victims of crimes.

Practical Ways for the Church to Help Trafficking Victims - Project Rescue
Old 04-29-2017, 03:12 AM
n/a

Talking

Quote:
Victim Services Directory

Note I have been pushing this Directory since 2007 on TOTV. A Fort Myers Rape Crisis Center group had told me about it and their desire to see it in libraries. So I started writing all the public and law libraries in FL for them to get a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory.

Gary Corsair, a former Villages Daily Sun reporter, had done a Memorial Day 2007 article on me about my efforts to get the Florida Victim Services Directory connected to the Lake, Marion, and Sumter County Library Systems.
A little reminder.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:54 AM
n/a

Lo l
Old 04-29-2017, 04:57 AM
n/a

Looks like we need the chacha group to buy this guy a comb
Old 04-29-2017, 04:58 AM
n/a

After the comb party we can have a pot luck dinner.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:59 AM
n/a

Wait, I am adding to his ego as the post count increases, your welcome wackadoodle.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Villages Florida

Hear me roar. 1527 views now. I remember that the Law Librarian Congress in 1990-1995 or 1996 M. Kathleen Price had called me a tiger when I started forcing the issue of accessibility of information for survivors/victims of crimes which was based then on my own experiences with the 2-24-1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell and its aftermath dating to 1985. It gets rather complicated from there and I do not have any inside knowledge of what happened after that in DC.
A murder that was completely unrelated to you or your family..... hmm
Old 04-29-2017, 05:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Villages Florida

I am still feeling pretty good with the prospects of my massive 26 year 224 613 Project to empower survivors/victims of crimes through access to practical information available through or in libraries of all kinds. Gary Corsair, a Villages Daily Sun reporter, did a story on my efforts connected to the Lake, Sumter and Marion County public libraries which appeared on Memorial Day in 2007. I would often run into his dog Boo Radley along with his wife at one of the local dog parks and she was always friendly. Corsair did a little research on me back on that Memorial Day weekend and wanted to see my records on my work up to then in 2007. I said "No" as I had just met him a few minutes before. He was just walking in my neighborhood looking for a story to write which did get my hackles up.

I have used copies of that Memorial Day 2007 article to try to get people to dialog about the practical needs of survivors/victims of crimes with respect to libraries of all kinds in every state of the United States. And this does involve power of these survivors/victims within the legal system and also out of it.

Many of my real Villages' area friends complemented me on that Memorial Day article. Mr. Corsair got a few of the facts wrong though.

This is very much related to politics though and the policies of the current Senate, House and the US President. Especially related to library funding and how they treat survivors/victims of crimes.
Your REAL Village friends are the ones telling others the truth about you.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 AM
n/a

For anyone who forgot who Michelle Mitchell was she was the daughter of my favorite English teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada in the 1975-1976 academic year. Her father was a teacher at a different high School in Reno. They lived at the other edge of Reno on the far north side. I was on the far south.

John Picollo was another student in the Mitchell English class. He knew her from visits to the Michelle house for some reason.

I was busy taking correspondence courses through a third Reno High School so that I could get through high school in three years.

On 2-24-1976 (my birthday is 2-24) Ms. Michelle Mitchell a 19 year old nursing student was killed in a garage close to the U of Nevada- Reno campus a few doors down where from my older brother lived. He remembered hearing all the sirens and wondering what was going on that night of my birthday.

On Wednesday 2-25-1976 our class got the news that we would be getting a substitute because of the murder of Michelle Mitchell.

John Picollo was one of the people questioned in the murder as were some of the other people who had met Michelle Mitchell.

I had done a drawing of a picture of a woman in a magazine. During my Spring 1976 Art Show at Wooster High School, Mrs. Mitchell had seen that drawing and told me how much it reminded her of her daughter.

She had not returned to work for quite some time but was teaching a few months after the murder of her daughter which would go unsolved until 1979.

The Mitchells gave me and John Picollo the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship. Maybe $200 a Semester for the 1976-1977 Academic Year. This Scholarship stayed on my resume for decades.

I gave the drawing of the woman who reminded Mrs. Mitchell to the family when I drove to their house across town to thank all of them for the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship and told them that I was thinking of becoming a doctor.

I started volunteering at the Veteran's Hospital in 1977 through 1978 in Reno, Nevada to see if I enjoyed working around patients. The nurses learned I could draw and soon I was taking home photos of the patients at the intensive care wing to try to capture their likenesses. As soon as these were OKed by the patients the nurses put these drawings outside their rooms and the nurses hired an Art Major from the University of Nevada, Reno to continue these art works after I quit volunteering in 1978 as I had decided that I could not handle the deaths of the patients all that well. And I had trouble with some of the chemistry and calculus.

Started studying Philosophy and History instead with an eye to maybe going to law school if my grades were good enough.

I stayed in contact of sorts with the Mitchells through letters and by meeting Wooster students at the University of Nevada, Reno or through my younger brother who also had Mrs. Barbara Mitchell for English about four years after me.

One of the prosecutors of the woman eventually seen as the murderer of Michelle Mitchell, Cathy Woods, was a bridge partner of my parents, Mills Lane. I would get phone calls from Mills Lane too in my 224 613 Project with respect to strategy. These probably went on until 1996 or so.

It turned out that Cathy Woods had been railroaded by cops and prosecutors looking to get closure for the people involved. Woods was a paranoid schizophrenic who had confessed falsely to the murder of Michelle Mitchell to get a better room in a prison in Louisiana. It looks like she was fed inside information to make the prosecution easier. That's just going on the press coming out in 2014-2016.

I knew Mrs. Barbara Mitchell quite well. And no I never met Michelle Mitchell. I did meet the rest of her immediate family.

I talked about the trials, appeals, etc of Cathy Woods and people supposedly connected to her with students from Wooster High School whom I would run into all over Reno, Sparks.

My parents moved from Reno, Nevada in 1984 to Scottsdale, AZ but my late younger brother stayed there until 1990 or so.

I have family still in Reno, Nevada and went to Reno, Nevada about six weeks after graduating from the U of MN Law School where Gail Daly introduced me to the American Association of Law Libraries Summer Convention people as the cataloger of all the computer files on WESTLAW for a national project working in conjunction with SUNY at Buffalo where they were doing the LEXIS cataloging.

Please ignore the trolls on here. They are harassers and bullies of the worst sort.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
For anyone who forgot who Michelle Mitchell was she was the daughter of my favorite English teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada in the 1975-1976 academic year. Her father was a teacher at a different high School in Reno. They lived at the other edge of Reno on the far north side. I was on the far south.

John Picollo was another student in the Mitchell English class. He knew her from visits to the Michelle house for some reason.

I was busy taking correspondence courses through a third Reno High School so that I could get through high school in three years.

On 2-24-1976 (my birthday is 2-24) Ms. Michelle Mitchell a 19 year old nursing student was killed in a garage close to the U of Nevada- Reno campus a few doors down where from my older brother lived. He remembered hearing all the sirens and wondering what was going on that night of my birthday.

On Wednesday 2-25-1976 our class got the news that we would be getting a substitute because of the murder of Michelle Mitchell.

John Picollo was one of the people questioned in the murder as were some of the other people who had met Michelle Mitchell.

I had done a drawing of a picture of a woman in a magazine. During my Spring 1976 Art Show at Wooster High School, Mrs. Mitchell had seen that drawing and told me how much it reminded her of her daughter.

She had not returned to work for quite some time but was teaching a few months after the murder of her daughter which would go unsolved until 1979.

The Mitchells gave me and John Picollo the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship. Maybe $200 a Semester for the 1976-1977 Academic Year. This Scholarship stayed on my resume for decades.

I gave the drawing of the woman who reminded Mrs. Mitchell to the family when I drove to their house across town to thank all of them for the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship and told them that I was thinking of becoming a doctor.

I started volunteering at the Veteran's Hospital in 1977 through 1978 in Reno, Nevada to see if I enjoyed working around patients. The nurses learned I could draw and soon I was taking home photos of the patients at the intensive care wing to try to capture their likenesses. As soon as these were OKed by the patients the nurses put these drawings outside their rooms and the nurses hired an Art Major from the University of Nevada, Reno to continue these art works after I quit volunteering in 1978 as I had decided that I could not handle the deaths of the patients all that well. And I had trouble with some of the chemistry and calculus.

Started studying Philosophy and History instead with an eye to maybe going to law school if my grades were good enough.

I stayed in contact of sorts with the Mitchells through letters and by meeting Wooster students at the University of Nevada, Reno or through my younger brother who also had Mrs. Barbara Mitchell for English about four years after me.

One of the prosecutors of the woman eventually seen as the murderer of Michelle Mitchell, Cathy Woods, was a bridge partner of my parents, Mills Lane. I would get phone calls from Mills Lane too in my 224 613 Project with respect to strategy. These probably went one until 1996 or so.

It turned out that Cathy Woods had been railroaded by cops and prosecutors looking to get closure for the people involved. Woods was a paranoid schizophrenic who had confessed falsely to the murder of Michelle Mitchell to get a better room in a prison in Louisiana. I looks like she was fed inside information to make the prosecution easier. That's just going on the press coming out in 2014-2016.

I knew Mrs. Barbara Mitchell quite well. And no I never met Michelle Mitchell. I did meet the rest of her immediate family.

I talked about the trials, appeals, etc of Cathy Woods and people supposedly connected to her with students from Wooster High School whom I would run into all over Reno, Sparks.

My parents moved from Reno, Nevada in 1984 to Scottsdale, AZ but my late younger brother stayed there until 1990 or so.

I have family still in Reno, Nevada and went to Reno, Nevada about six weeks after graduating from the U of MN Law School where Gail Daly introduced me to the American Association of Law Libraries Summer Convention people as the cataloger of all the computer files on WESTLAW for a national project working in conjunction with SUNY at Buffalo where they were doing the LEXIS cataloging.

Please ignore the trolls on here. They are harassers and bullies of the worst sort.

1631 posts views now.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:05 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

This is one of the drawings of patients in the intensive care wing of the Veterans' Hospital in Reno, Nevada I did around 1978.

I tried ink rather my regular pencil with a different look. He wanted something more traditional like my other sketches of these patients. So, he gave this back to me and I did a new one which he did like.

This was a Vietnam War veteran who got in a stupid accident by imitating a walrus with a pool stick in his nose. Some ******* bumped him and the point of the stick went up into his brain. He did have some problems doing stuff. Mostly I read letters to these patients, played games, spoon fed those who were too far gone to feed themselves, etc. Helped the nurses any way I could. I would often just watch the patients to see if they needed anything when we were in the main community room and call the nurses if they were needed.

The psychiatric wing was across the hall from intensive care but you needed clearance to get into that wing like a pass card.

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.