American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 04-29-2017, 08:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The Villages Florida

This is one of the drawings of patients in the intensive care wing of the Veterans' Hospital in Reno, Nevada I did around 1978.

I tried ink rather my regular pencil with a different look. He wanted something more traditional like my other sketches of these patients. So, he gave this back to me and I did a new one which he did like.

This was a Vietnam War veteran who got in a stupid accident by imitating a walrus with a pool stick in his nose. Some ******* bumped him and the point of the stick went up into his brain. He did have some problems doing stuff. Mostly I read letters to these patients, played games, spoon fed those who were too far gone to feed themselves, etc. Helped the nurses any way I could. I would often just watch the patients to see if they needed anything when we were in the main community room and call the nurses if they were needed.

The psychiatric wing was across the hall from intensive care but you needed clearance to get into that wing like a pass card.
Still 1631 views.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Still 1631 views.
1651 now. These are not all me. As far as I can tell only one is me. And my friends and family members do not even come on TOTV Political Forum as far as I know. They wanted me to stay out of this minefield.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
1651 now. These are not all me. As far as I can tell only one is me. And my friends and family members do not even come on TOTV Political Forum as far as I know. They wanted me to stay out of this minefield.
Kate told me that I was too nice to handle the ugliness you often see on the TOTV Political Forum. She thought it might drive me insane but that last I looked I still have some of my sanity. Knock on wood. I must say that some of the toxic trolls on here do really get to me. You sometimes cannot understand why some people seem to have no empathy at all for others.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:27 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

My older brother, me and my late younger brother around 1972. Drawn by me about six years ago. Had moved from the Milwaukee area in 1970 to Reno, Nevada. So the picture I was drawing from was when we lived in Reno.

Have not been back to Wisconsin since visited my grandmother and my then live-in girlfriend Jennifer's best friend Sandy's parents' farm in the center of Wisconsin. Have been e-mailing a nice lady I met in the Villages who had to go back to Madison area to be with her daughter.

I would run into this woman, Patricia, often at the Lady Lake Public Library and we would talk about books she might like to read.

What's in your library? Does it have links to materials that would help survivors/victims of crimes like the Florida Victim Services Directory. Victim Services Directory

1675 views now.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:15 PM
n/a

Wink

Quote:
Q: How many librarians does it take to change a light bulb?A: Only one, but first you have to have a committee meeting.
Probably would work that way.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:11 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

I am definitely trying to deal with Trump with my 224 613 Project. I have made contact with every White House since 1991 in some way.

The Presidents | whitehouse.gov
Old 04-29-2017, 09:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

I am definitely trying to deal with Trump with my 224 613 Project. I have made contact with every White House since 1991 in some way.

1725 views now.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:51 AM
n/a

Wink

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...60-post10.html

Not a new topic for me on TOTV. Have alluded to this since coming on here in July 2007.

Resource for finding support for those with mental illness

NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness | NAMI: The National Alliance on Mental Illness

Sumter and Marion County Sheriffs' offices

1736 views now.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:32 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

The other side of my postcard from famed defense lawyer Gerry Spence.

1765 views now.

I had an invitation to a radio talk show put out by a Chicago lawyer back around this time but was not sure I could handle all the baggage I carry and stay unemotional. I can do it when helping people in a law library, public library and certainly online or representing prisoners or supervising law students work aiding inmates or former inmates. Also I need people to actually see the documents I talk about as even though I received them still have a hard time believing that they are real.

The 94928-1306 zip code will go to home that is the width of a fairway from the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, Ca where in the early mornings and some evenings you would see movie production trailers. Not sure if they do that at the hotel there now which is some kind of Hilton. DoubleTree Sonoma Hotel near Santa Rosa, CA

DoubleTree Rohnert Park Hotel Near Foxtail Golf Course
Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

The other side of my postcard from famed defense lawyer Gerry Spence.

1765 views now.

I had an invitation to a radio talk show put out by a Chicago lawyer back around this time but was not sure I could handle all the baggage I carry and stay unemotional. I can do it when helping people in a law library, public library and certainly online or representing prisoners or supervising law students work aiding inmates or former inmates. Also I need people to actually see the documents I talk about as even though I received them still have a hard time believing that they are real.

The 94928-1306 zip code will go to home that is the width of a fairway from the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, Ca where in the early mornings and some evenings you would see movie production trailers. Not sure if they do that at the hotel there now which is some kind of Hilton. DoubleTree Sonoma Hotel near Santa Rosa, CA

DoubleTree Rohnert Park Hotel Near Foxtail Golf Course
1776 views. Now that is a cool number. I get Lost in Numb3rs sometimes.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
1776 views. Now that is a cool number. I get Lost in Numb3rs sometimes.
No, you are just plain lost.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:06 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Can we say 2012 Presidential election? What happened at that U of Denver debate to pull the wind out of the sails of President Barack Obama? Presidential debate captivates University of Denver campus | Election2012 News for College Students | USA TODAY College In 2011, a student newspaper The Justice from Brandeis University had re-published in e-mail that I had sent them around 2003. I have a MA in Librarianship and Information Management from the U of Denver awarded in May of 1984. And prior to that I had had been at the BYU Law School on a Merit Scholarship. I was only there about ten days in 1982.

What do you think would have happened say if Donald John Trump had gotten a hold of the letter from the Honorable Senator Joe Biden above? I sat on it until a few years ago. Mainly because I do not trust the advocate-in-chief Donald John Trump of the ridiculous birther movement to stick to the facts and do right by the people involved. And Obama would have also had a contact to the blacklist on me from the Law Librarianship profession through the University of Chicago where the woman who told me I would not work in law librarianship again was now (around 1992-1993 and afterwards) working at the University of Chicago Law Library? I doubt if Obama though had much of any contact with this law librarian and doubt if the WESTLAW cataloger ever came up.

I have had to wait until Joe Biden was no longer Vice President of the US though to really try to bring this to light. All of this is very much involved with politics in the United States.

And I was thinking seriously of voting for Romney/Ryan up to when President Barack Obama got his grove back with the handling the Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath. I have never liked Biden since getting that letter above. Things would have been much different for survivors/victims of crimes if Chairman of the Judiciary Committee Joe Biden in the Fall of 1991 had stepped up to the plate. Senator Orrin Hatch eventually did a few years after this.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

Can we say 2012 Presidential election? What happened at that U of Denver debate to pull the wind out of the sails of President Barack Obama? Presidential debate captivates University of Denver campus | Election2012 News for College Students | USA TODAY College In 2011, a student newspaper The Justice from Brandeis University had re-published in e-mail that I had sent them around 2003. I have a MA in Librarianship and Information Management from the U of Denver awarded in May of 1984. And prior to that I had had been at the BYU Law School on a Merit Scholarship. I was only there about ten days in 1982.

What do you think would have happened say if Donald John Trump had gotten a hold of the letter from the Honorable Senator Joe Biden above? I sat on it until a few years ago. Mainly because I do not trust the advocate-in-chief Donald John Trump of the ridiculous birther movement to stick to the facts and do right by the people involved. And Obama would have also had a contact to the blacklist on me from the Law Librarianship profession through the University of Chicago where the woman who told me I would not work in law librarianship again was now (around 1992-1993 and afterwards) working at the University of Chicago Law Library? I doubt if Obama though had much of any contact with this law librarian and doubt if the WESTLAW cataloger ever came up.

I have had to wait until Joe Biden was no longer Vice President of the US though to really try to bring this to light. All of this is very much involved with politics in the United States.

And I was thinking seriously of voting for Romney/Ryan up to when President Barack Obama got his grove back with the handling the Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath. I have never liked Biden since getting that letter above. Things would have been much different for survivors/victims of crimes if Chairman of the Judiciary Committee Joe Biden in the Fall of 1991 had stepped up to the plate. Senator Orrin Hatch eventually did a few years after this.
United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia

Martha Raddatz - Wikipedia

United States presidential debates, 2012 - Wikipedia

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...flopped-081999

1808 views now.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

1824 views now. And what to do with Donald John Trump?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:19 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Me with my MA graduating class in May 1984 at University of Denver GSLIM (Librarianship). And some pictures from various parties.

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.