American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 04-19-2017, 06:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The project is about empowering survivors/victims of crimes through improving resources available through or in libraries of kinds. Take Sex Trafficking. There are certain words and such sometimes used by victim/survivor of this knowledge of these codes so to speak especially by social workers, teachers, nurses, librarians, pastors, etc. can help these people.

This is about education. And I got put into 14 Marquis Who's Who publications in the 1990s. Nominated to 24.

The sex trafficking knowledge is something a prison worker noticed and who is taking risks to educate others about things he noticed among sex trafficking victims/survivors. This was/is in 2016/2017 that he does this work.

Or, how news anchors tell with victims/survivors by focusing on their needs rather than just going on-and-on about the offender. I have been writing the media since late 1991.

There are thousands if not ten of thousands of people involved in this Project as I have been at this since around June 1991 but did not start using the numbers 224 613 until late 1992. Look for these numbers.
Ignore those who try to bully you Talt, they are simply showing that they don't have the capacity to take on a noble project like yours and have most likely never even volunteered to work a soup kitchen line...much less something that has taken the effort you've put in.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ignore those who try to bully you Talt, they are simply showing that they don't have the capacity to take on a noble project like yours and have most likely never even volunteered to work a soup kitchen line...much less something that has taken the effort you've put in.
Thanks. I do use my Ignore List quite a bit. I have a friend who lives here in the Villages and used to travel around the US fixing hospitals' computer systems. She advised me to stay out of the TOTV Political Forum because of the people who often are on here. Or lose my sanity. The last I looked I have not had any kind of nervous breakdown. Knock on wood. I have been pretty upset on occasion over the past six weeks however.

She sees my work on Facebook where the real action is and where I can just delete any posts I do not like on my Facebook page. Finally found some place where I have control of the message.

She could be lurking on here. I have met several lurkers on TOTV who like my work and some are from Minnesota. The Twin Cities play a very important role in my auto-biography because that is where I discovered just how deep the problem with dealing with survivors/victims of crimes is at our nation's law schools and their law libraries and among the people who work in them.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The project is about empowering survivors/victims of crimes through improving resources available through or in libraries of kinds. Take Sex Trafficking. There are certain words and such sometimes used by victim/survivor of this knowledge of these codes so to speak especially by social workers, teachers, nurses, librarians, pastors, etc. can help these people.

This is about education. And I got put into 14 Marquis Who's Who publications in the 1990s. Nominated to 24.

The sex trafficking knowledge is something a prison worker noticed and who is taking risks to educate others about things he noticed among sex trafficking victims/survivors. This was/is in 2016/2017 that he does this work.

Or, how news anchors tell with victims/survivors by focusing on their needs rather than just going on-and-on about the offender. I have been writing the media since late 1991.

There are thousands if not ten of thousands of people involved in this Project as I have been at this since around June 1991 but did not start using the numbers 224 613 until late 1992. Look for these numbers.

The librarians though are the people whose attitudes I wanted to change the most. Mostly law librarians in the 1990s.

I really cannot go into more detail on a site like Talk of the Villages. And especially not on its Political Forum where there are some very cruel and extremely juvenile posters.
It's great helping victims, but can't see the benefits in putting effort into librarians. I have not used one since a child. My mind may be too simple to grasp the concept, is there a publication to read, or a non profit to contribute to?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's great helping victims, but can't see the benefits in putting effort into librarians. I have not used one since a child. My mind may be too simple to grasp the concept, is there a publication to read, or a non profit to contribute to?
It is not libraries per say but educating people about the resources available through them. Now I would say it is more about what's available on the Internet but also could be by using some libraries' web pages. Also could be Sheriff's Offices web-pages.

I have often tried to get other Sheriffs' Office and public libraries to look at many other web-sites around the country to improve their own. I really like how this one gives Safety Tips-- Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency

I have family members in Reno, Nevada as well as Las Vegas, Nevada so keep track of what is available for them.

I communicate with police organizations rather often even if these are usually very one sided. It is all about creating an on-going open dialog between victim/witness assistance providers and librarians of all kinds as well as with many other people. A lot of this is very creative crowd sourcing with the help of the many friends I have made since 1991. What is Crowdsourcing? | Crowdsourcing Week
Old 04-19-2017, 08:23 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Our dog Amber whom I used to walk around the movie production trailers at the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, CA hoping to visit with some of these movie people who were filming movies in Santa Rosa, Bodega Bay and points north. My parents lived 300 feet from where these movie production trailers were from 1986-1996. I visited while not at the U of MN Law School/Library or after I had to return home in November of 1991 after spending my savings on getting out about 500 letter to US State Governors, US Senators, US Representatives, Association leaders, Members of the US Supreme Court, Law School Deans, and many others. I did get maybe 60 responses. The start of what would become my 224 613 Project is in those sent and received letters including one from the Law Librarian of Congress, M. Kathleen Price.

What do you think I wanted to talk to these movie production people about? Avoiding the duck and goose poop on the golf course was one of these but the other was simply my life story dating from 2-25-1976. And there are very creative means of getting a story around.

Movie people do have e-mail addresses and Facebook pages now too.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
What could you do? I suppose you could look at wherever you are from and that community's resources for survivors/victims of crimes. What kind of links does your old community libraries and Sheriff's Office have for instance?

Some community's resources for survivors/victims are quite good. Some not so much. And there seems to always be room for improvement even if some of the librarians I have met since the mid 1970s can be very territorial as can be web-masters or web-site designers.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 AM
n/a

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Four degrees of work along with earning the money to get myself through these schools with some help from my family. I lived at home for instance while at the University of Nevada. Reno from 1976-1983. Got two BAs and started working on two MAs.

Then 26 years and counting of work on this Project. Started to see some respect for it from law librarians around 2000 but still hard to do it from outside the Law Librarianship profession even if I also do not have to deal with all the Academic Politics involved and all their committees, meetings and the like. They have committees to change light bulbs in the foyer.

And I did volunteer at two public libraries in Palm Harbor, FL., for 10-14 hours a week in 2000-2003. The Director Gene Coppola was a real jerk but did finally get around to actually putting stuff on his library-- Palm Harbor Library's-- website that will help victims/survivors of domestic violence. Had been trying to get my foot in the door for working in a library in a paid position but never got anywhere in the Tampa Bay area despite numerous job interviews many of these actually at libraries controlled by Gene Coppola.

All this is a hobby. Something I do out of love and a desire to help people who really need it. I did get the State of Nevada to forgive a stipend grant. In September 2000, they forgave a student loan debt for my MA from the U of Denver -- in the form of working in the State of Nevada as a Librarian-- for this work related to libraries even though I did it from Minnesota, California, Illinois and Florida in the 1990s.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Four degrees of work along with earning the money to get myself through these schools with some help from my family. I lived at home for instance while at the University of Nevada. Reno from 1976-1983. Got two BAs and started working on two MAs.

Then 26 years and counting of work on this Project. Started to see some respect for it from law librarians around 2000 but still hard to do it from outside the Law Librarianship profession even if I also do not have to deal with all the Academic Politics involved and all their committees, meetings and the like. They have committees to change light bulbs in the foyer.

And I did volunteer at two public libraries in Palm Harbor, FL., for 10-14 hours a week in 2000-2003. The Director Gene Coppola was a real jerk but did finally get around to actually putting stuff on his library-- Palm Harbor Library's-- website that will help victims/survivors of domestic violence. Had been trying to get my foot in the door for working in a library in a paid position but never got anywhere in the Tampa Bay area despite numerous job interviews many of these actually at libraries controlled by Gene Coppola.

All this is a hobby. Something I do out of love and a desire to help people who really need it. I did get the State of Nevada to forgive a stipend grant. In September 2000, they forgave a student loan debt for my MA from the U of Denver -- in the form of working in the State of Nevada as a Librarian-- for this work related to libraries even though I did it from Minnesota, California, Illinois and Florida in the 1990s.
A hobby like that is very honorable. May I ask what was your career was before retiring to the villages.

Currenting looking for volunteering opportunities in the villages.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
A hobby like that is very honorable. May I ask what was your career was before retiring to the villages.

Currenting looking for volunteering opportunities in the villages.
I had wanted to be a law librarian but was blacklisted by the club I had found myself in at the University of Minnesota Law Library for fighting for survivors/victims of crimes based on my personal experiences. Basically they did not find it professional that I would base my criticisms on my own personal experiences. This was also very political.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
I had wanted to be a law librarian but was blacklisted by the club I had found myself in at the University of Minnesota Law Library for fighting for survivors/victims of crimes based on my personal experiences. Basically they did not find it professional that I would base my criticisms on my own personal experiences. This was also very political.
Did you have to settle on a career other than the one you loved and were trained in?

That could be hard.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Did you have to settle on a career other than the one you loved and were trained in?

That could be hard.
Well not exactly. I just did what I loved as a hobby and had to do other things like child care, art work, dog care, cat care, house cleaning, Senior care, garden care, business assistance, etc. I am not retired. Working on other stuff almost daily.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:30 AM
n/a

Quote:

So, what you are saying in summary is that you spent a lot of other peoples' money, didn't pay it back and wasted your life as a career student. OK! But, you admit that you did all that toward a hobby. Hey isn't living in America GREAT! You have the freedom to be a total waste of oxygen and even brag about it. No offense meant. Just saying how great it is to be an American.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

Just Ignore what the jerks might say on this thread. I just have put a group of these people on my Ignore List but they continue to post stuff against me even though I am trying to no longer even look at these. Not worth my time.

Oh. Take a close look at the movies Suicide Squad, Focus, Passengers, The Nice Guys, Deadpool and especially The Shallows. The Shallows (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Love that movie The Shallows. She really conquers her fears of that Great White Shark. I got a very nice Private Message from a French actress with a black belt last summer on Facebook asked me in French if I would allow them to be part of my thing. I said yes in English. I did win the Outstanding Reader of French award at the University of Nevada, Reno around 1980 but that was 37 years or so ago. Had to look up the word she used for "thing" as I might have been slang from Paris.

The French actress has some movies coming out soon and knows some actors with connections to the Villages.

These celebrities do care about members of their movies, shows, concerts, sports' performance, etc. I remember sending an awful lot of Facebook messages to some ballet dancers in Rio last year. Where there's a way; there's a will.

Had a sister-in-law who grew up in Brazil. Pain in my ass in many classes at the University of Nevada, Reno but my older brother fell in love with her much to my surprise.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just Ignore what the jerks might say on this thread. I just have put a group of these people on my Ignore List but they continue to post stuff against me even though I am trying to no longer even look at these. Not worth my time.

Oh. Take a close look at the movies Suicide Squad, Focus, Passengers, The Nice Guys, Deadpool and especially The Shallows. The Shallows (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Love that movie The Shallows. She really conquers her fears of that Great White Shark. I got a very nice Private Message from a French actress with a black belt last summer on Facebook asked me in French if I would allow them to be part of my thing. I said yes in English. I did win the Outstanding Reader of French award at the University of Nevada, Reno around 1980 but that was 37 years or so ago. Had to look up the word she used for "thing" as I might have been slang from Paris.

The French actress has some movies coming out soon and knows some actors with connections to the Villages.

These celebrities to care about members of their movies, shows, concerts, sports' performance, etc. I remember sending an awful lot of Facebook messages to some ballet dancers in Rio last year. Where there's a way; there's a will.

Had a sister-in-law who grew up in Brazil. Pain in my ass in many classes at the University of Nevada, Reno but my older brother fell in love with her much to my surprise.
Tal, for an educated man, you just don't get it. This a political discussion forum, NOT Facebook where you chat with the other girls about your favorite movies and what the Hollywood movie stars are doing.
Put me on your "ignore list" but you really need to snap out of it. Everyone else wishes to coddle you because they treat you like a retarded child instead of the man you are supposed to be. Sorry, if I treat you like the adult you are supposed to be.

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.