AL Sharpton

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
n/a

Default AL Sharpton

First, I am not really familiar with the website "Smoking Gun", so if it is biased, or has a tendency to "polish" the truth, please forgive me. I did minimum checking on the site and could find nothing negative.

I find this so interesting with all the talk about the Rev Al Sharpton. The article basically speaks of the suspension to Brian Williams and then tells a story that I had heard of in pieces but since Sharpton IS and speaks FOR MSNBC and so on......

"So, What About Rev. Al Sharpton's Suspension?
In light of Brian Williams sanction, MSNBC host's lies deserve review"

That was the headline...

"In the wake of last year’s lengthy TSG report about Sharpton’s secret work as a paid FBI Mafia informant, the MSNBC host sought to blunt the story’s disclosures with a series of lies told at a pair of press conferences, on his nightly “Politics Nation” program, and in a report on Williams’s own NBC Nightly News (which was rebroadcast on NBC's Today show).

Sharpton, 60, cast himself as a victim who first ran into the FBI’s warm embrace when a scary gangster purportedly threatened his life. He was “an American citizen with every right to call law enforcement” for protection, Sharpton told his MSNBC audience. His sole motivation was to “try to protect myself and others.”

He needed the FBI’s help, Sharpton claimed, because his relentless advocacy on behalf of African-American concert promoters had angered wiseguys with hooks in the music business. “I did the right thing working with the authorities,” Sharpton assured viewers. As for being branded an informant, that was a label for others to worry about. “I didn’t consider myself, quote, an informant. Wasn’t told I was that,” said Sharpton.

These claims, broadcast by NBCUniversal, were demonstrably false.

Sharpton was once an organized crime associate who got caught up in an FBI sting and immediately agreed to join Team America to stay out of prison. The street-smart preacher’s decision to become an informant was borne out of fear and a desire for self preservation, a calculus not unique when someone is cornered by men with badges.

Now, if NBCUniversal cared to examine the televised claims Sharpton has made about his work as an informant, the company’s newly formed internal affairs division could review hundreds of pages of FBI documents chronicling Sharpton’s work as “CI-7,” short for confidential informant #7, and they could track down members of the FBI-NYPD organized crime task force for which Sharpton surreptitiously recorded his meetings with gangsters.

And company brass would certainly want to review the first story to expose Sharpton as a snitch, a January 1998 Newsday piece authored by a Murderers Row of reporters: Bob Drury, Robert Kessler, Mike McAlary, and Richard Esposito. If that last guy’s name rings a bell, well, it is probably because Esposito--now senior executive producer of NBC's investigative unit--is heading the network’s review of Williams’s Iraq War and Hurricane Katrina claims.

So, What About Rev. Al Sharpton's Suspension? | The Smoking Gun

If you read this entire thing...while not surprised I am shocked. I posted it here instead of simply laughing about it...because this man is an advisor to the President, the lead in race relations we are told.

Read the entire thing..it reads like a cheap dime novel.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:09 PM
n/a

Don't really care about much of that, but the fact he owes millions in taxes is something that needs to be addressed and the rest will take care of itself.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
n/a

Everybody knows Sharpton has a free pass for fear any enforcement will result in him in your front yard making one of classic race speeches because he was being singled out because he is.........
Old 02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
n/a

By itself, it is no problem. His closeness to the White House and being considered an adviser is troubling however.

AND even though, not many people even watch MSNBC any longer, he still has that platform to disease minds.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:48 PM
n/a

Sharpton certainly is not the IS of MSNBC. He is not a newscaster, he is a commentator, and editorialist. He is paid to present a point of view in a strong manner. He not a news man. He is not there to be trusted by those who disagree with his point of view. He has the lowest ratings of any MSNBC host so your opinion that he IS MSNBC reflect lack of knowledge of reality.

Does anyone here care to look at the non-news personnel on their favorite political news channel, to check out their "lies" and personal indiscretions (can you say Loofah).

Mr Williams had a very different role in the media. Veracity is central to his job.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:33 AM
n/a

Sharpton is, in my opinion, a racist. He is devisive and destructive and it is beyond me as to why anyone who hold him in high esteem. That he is an advisor to ANYONE, much less the POTUS, is disturbing. As far as the comparison between him and Brian Williams, I see it as totally different. Sharpton does not report the news, he is merely a commentator. Williams is a news reporter who is supposed to report the facts. Big difference.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sharpton is, in my opinion, a racist. He is devisive and destructive and it is beyond me as to why anyone who hold him in high esteem. That he is an advisor to ANYONE, much less the POTUS, is disturbing. As far as the comparison between him and Brian Williams, I see it as totally different. Sharpton does not report the news, he is merely a commentator. Williams is a news reporter who is supposed to report the facts. Big difference.

Why is MSNBC even allowed to be shown in The Villages? The cable companies serving TV must remove this drivel immediately. And while they're at it, they can take NBC with it.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sharpton certainly is not the IS of MSNBC. He is not a newscaster, he is a commentator, and editorialist. He is paid to present a point of view in a strong manner. He not a news man. He is not there to be trusted by those who disagree with his point of view. He has the lowest ratings of any MSNBC host so your opinion that he IS MSNBC reflect lack of knowledge of reality.

Does anyone here care to look at the non-news personnel on their favorite political news channel, to check out their "lies" and personal indiscretions (can you say Loofah).

Mr Williams had a very different role in the media. Veracity is central to his job.
This is NOT about opinions with a strong manner.

This is about telling lies !!!

He is not a NEWSMAN HOWEVER, THESE lie were repeated on Brian Williams show and the TODAY show according to the report.

You see no difference ? Does not appear to be "present a point of view in a strong manner." If the report is accurate, then he plain out lied.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:19 AM
n/a

Oh, and if you are ok with a man of this character and reputation being a close advisor to our President....I think over 75 visits to see him in the WH....then fine. Makes me a bit edgy !
Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM
n/a

when old AL loosing all his friends in high places (less two years) He will pay the piper. Movie stars and Singer's couldn't escape the tax reaper I see him eventually coming one day soon. Old AL will be crying like baby and squealing racist IRS all the way to prison. Hopefully by then his buddy holder will be his cell mate.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Don't really care about much of that, but the fact he owes millions in taxes is something that needs to be addressed and the rest will take care of itself.
Sharpton is a felon who has not yet been sentenced to a prison term.

How many posters on TOTV could ignore the tax laws like he does?

You would think Obama would be embarrassed to be seen with complete joke like Sharpton. The fact that he isn't also tells you all you need to know ... birds of a feather etc.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:54 PM
n/a

Sharpton is a breath of fresh air compared to meatheads like Sara Palin.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
How insightful ... if Sharpton is a breath of "fresh air" rational people will conclude you are confusing it with sewer gas
Old 02-13-2015, 03:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Giuest: You are allowing your hate for Sara Palin to overtake your reasoning.

Obama has received Sharpton over 70 times. Sharpton sits at the right hand of NYC Mayor de Blasio. Sharpton recommended an advisor to di blasio who had to resign because she owed taxes and her live in boyfriend was a major felon.

Sharpton paid Obama a visit just to make his personal recommendation for Loretta Lynch to replace Holder.

Sharpton belongs in prison. if he did inform on the mob they will eventually pay him a visit
Old 02-13-2015, 04:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
How insightful ... if Sharpton is a breath of "fresh air" rational people will conclude you are confusing it with sewer gas
Got it...this is more up your alley...

" After the recent Black Lives Matter protests, there is a new brownie troop in Oakland. Instead of selling cookies, they are spreading a message.
On a Saturday afternoon in Oakland, a handful of 8 to 10 year old girls are gathered, in brown uniforms, giggling and eating cupcakes. They look like Girl Scouts, but it’s not just fun and games.
And it’s not just fun and games. “White policeman are killing black young folks such as women, men and children,” one of the girls said.
Another girl said, “Mike Brown. He was shot because he didn’t do nothing. Only the police officer shot him because of his skin color.”
These girls are called the “Radical Brownies.” And instead of learning sewing, they’re learning social justice.
Even their uniforms have a message.
“The beret, it’s a Black Panther/Brown Beret twist,” one of the Radical Brownies said.
“I think it’s very appropriate. A lot of the work the Black Panthers did was community oriented,” Radical Brownies co-founder Marilyn Hollinquest told KPIX 5.

Young Oakland Girls Called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.