Another question

Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 AM
n/a

Default Another question

Does anyone think obama is Muslim. It would appear he is with his actions.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
G Good Lord, you people crack me up.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM
n/a

Question

Quote:

What difference would it make?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM
n/a

Yep, they're here!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
There is no religious test in this country to be president. As long as a person is a natural born citizen, 35 years old, and a resident for 14 years, they are qualified to serve as president.

Now if we could just get rid of that pesky 22nd amendment, President Obama could serve for life.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:10 PM
n/a

What actions imply he is a Muslim? I've not seen him on a prayer rug nor showing any response to a call to prayers. Hasn't this old saw worn out its teeth yet? Next you'll be telling us he was born in Kenya.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
What difference would it make?
None.
The question was if one THINKS he is a Muslim.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:27 PM
n/a

I don't know that I would call him a Muslim, but I believe he is very sympathetic to them and their cause because of his upbringing.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
I don't know that I would call him a Muslim, but I believe he is very sympathetic to them and their cause because of his upbringing.

You are right. He is in no way a Muslim.

He does have an empathy for Islam and Muslims because that is what he grew up around and where he spent his formative years
Old 02-11-2015, 01:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Has any other president, or for that matter, public figure, been subjected to such speculation about his/her birth and background? We can thank cable news, talk radio, and the Internet for much of that - with the willing support of an easily influenced partisan audience. It is documented, he was raised by Christians in Hawaii, moved to Indonesia with his mother and stepfather where he went to Catholic elementary school, moved back to Hawaii to live with his Christian grandparents and has been a practicing Christian in adulthood. When you are in a known group of right wingers you should feel free to talk about this ridiculous clap trap, but in the general public, or on an open forum know that most folks are laughing at your pitiful grasp of reality.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM
n/a

"right wingers".......not very tolerant of the other sides views...eh?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Has any other president, or for that matter, public figure, been subjected to such speculation about his/her birth and background? We can thank cable news, talk radio, and the Internet for much of that - with the willing support of an easily influenced partisan audience. It is documented, he was raised by Christians in Hawaii, moved to Indonesia with his mother and stepfather where he went to Catholic elementary school, moved back to Hawaii to live with his Christian grandparents and has been a practicing Christian in adulthood. When you are in a known group of right wingers you should feel free to talk about this ridiculous clap trap, but in the general public, or on an open forum know that most folks are laughing at your pitiful grasp of reality.
From PolitiFact...

"Sure, he went to an Indonesian school where most of the children were Muslim and there are accounts that he sometimes attended a mosque with his Islamic stepfather. But there is no evidence that the president was a practicing Muslim raised in the faith."

Gordon Robertson says Obama was "raised Muslim" | PolitiFact Virginia

Thus the Christian School and Catholic is out the window. It IS documented that his stepfather WAS a Muslim.

To your other questions....NO, I certainly in my lifetime and reading cannot recall any other President being subject to such speculation, HOWEVER, President Obama had a very unique upbringing and track to the WH. Thus it is understandable.

I do not feel it has any importance any longer frankly. I think it may have helped in some situations because I DO think he is reluctant to "go after" Muslims in general. I hope it has helped anyway.

It was a legitimate arguement in 2008 but holds no water any longer.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:03 PM
n/a

What's funny is that he was bashed for being a a "follower" of Rev. Jeremiah Wright to being bashed for being a Muslim. Stay on course.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
What's funny is that he was bashed for being a a "follower" of Rev. Jeremiah Wright to being bashed for being a Muslim. Stay on course.
BOTH are correct. His youth was as described. He joined Rev Wright in Chicago and interesting to read why and their relationship.

HOWEVER.....I really see not reason to keep discussing this. I realize that you think ONLY those who oppose the President's policies, are talking incorrectly but the last few posts reflect that BOTH sides are incorrect.

Why doesnt everyone post on the Iran situation, the Ukraine situation, the dead girl, the ISIL situation, etc. Is this not a waste of time ?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:15 PM
n/a

I take this thread as I find it. The OP asked if others believed that Obama is a Muslim. I believe by thought manner and action Obama is a Muslim. I believe his action, er rather inaction concerning ISIS patently supports this contention. Some speak to his membership in Jeremiah Wrights church as proof that he is not a Muslim but probably christian, however the fact is that Wright's church is not actually Christian.

Some express indignation that Obama is being subjected to this kind of scrutiny but they forget that Kennedy was viewed with heavy suspicion as being Catholic and many people actually believed if he was elected the Pope would be a frequent visitor. Yet liberals dismiss out of hand the 70+ visits by Al Sharpton as bias against a black president.

I started out by saying I take this thread as I find it meaning I certainly would not duck any issue. Those suggesting that it doesn't matter if he is or isn't might want to see the danger this guy is placing us in because he is so aligned with Islam that he places terrorist ahead of the American people

Finally people with agendas count the advantage of surprise.....like you can keep your doctor if you want and you can keep your insurance if you want.

No president in my lifetime including Nixon has had less credibility than this guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.