Another Trump vacation ..

Old 08-06-2017, 10:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
ESADMF
Carl may not understand your short response.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 10:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Carl may not understand your short response.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Shall I spell it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 10:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I must confess that I AM AT AN ABSOLUTE LOSS TO UNDERSTAND WHY YOU PEOPLE ARE SO INCREDIBLY NASTY TO EACH OTHER.

Why can't people just have a rational discussion about issues without being insulting?

Let's take this thread, about Trump leaving the White House for 17 days, in effect two and a half weeks.

Has everyone forgotten (I'm going to show my age):

1. President Roosevelt's frequent trips to Camp David (which he had named "Shangri-La") as well as his trips to Warm Springs, Georgia, where was when he died.

2. President Truman's trips to the Naval Station at Key West, Florida, where he engaged in marathon card games with cronies and close associates.

3. President Kennedy's trips to Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, for boating excursions on the ocean.

4. President Johnson's trips to his home near Stonewall, Texas, which became know as the "Texas White House" because he spent approximately 20% of his presidency there.

5. President Nixon's trips to his two homes away from home, one in Key Biscayne, Florida, (with trips to out-of-country private islands in the Caribbean,) and San Clemente, California.

6. President Ford's trips to Aspen, Colorado, and other locales for skiing.

7. President Carter's trips to Plains, Georgia, to keep tabs on his peanut crops and his somewhat eccentric brother, Billy.

8. President Reagan's trips to his "Western White House" which included his home in the hills above Westwood, and his ranch in the hills above Santa Barbara, California.

9. President Bush 41's trips to Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, for rest and relaxation.

10. President Bush 43's trips to his West Texas home, in the oil country near Midland, Texas. He got a lot of publicity regarding his time there due to the large number of protest marches at the gate to his property.

11. President Obama's trips were frequently to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, with annual Christmas trips to his home in Hawaii. However, he went to many other venues where he enjoyed playing golf.

FOLKS, PRESIDENTS DO NOT JUST SIT IN THE WHITE HOUSE. They travel. But the fact is that no matter where they travel they have to attend to urgent matters of state whenever they arise, ignoring the claim that they are "on vacation."

Did Trump criticize Obama for playing a lot of golf? Yes. Was the criticism justified? Perhaps, in some cases. It might well be argued that Obama was very tasteless and thoughtless when he went to the microphones to announce the beheading of an American Citizen by terrorists, and then walk out of the room and go play a round of golf.

So..........Trump is entitled to get away from the White House. The question might be asked....."Why now?"

The reason is simple. There are some upgrades to the security measures in the West Wing (where the Oval Office is located) that are urgently needed to be done. I'm sure I know what some of them are, but will not speculate.

The destruction and construction to be done will be disruptive, and will involve no air conditioning being operational in the West Wing.

An interesting story floated around before the Inauguration of Trump that said that after the election Obama was asked to take a trip for a couple of weeks so the security upgrades could be done before the Inauguration, and Obama refused.

How strange that Obama would refuse a vacation.

Carl in Tampa
It's because TRUMP made it an issue and told people he would NOT take vacations and that Obama played too much golf.......For someone who says he hates vacations,... - NowThis Politics
Old 08-06-2017, 10:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Shall I spell it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need. I'm sure Carl is working on it right now.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 06:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
It's because TRUMP made it an issue and told people he would NOT take vacations and that Obama played too much golf.......For someone who says he hates vacations,... - NowThis Politics
Perfect. That's exactly why it is important. Another instance of Trump's lying and hypocrisy.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Perfect. That's exactly why it is important. Another instance of Trump's lying and hypocrisy.
Huh? Go take a swim bird brain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 07:16 AM
n/a

Trump heads out on vacation, pretends it's 'not a vacation' | MSNBC

Trump sure knows how to make a buck every which way.

Tags
house, vacation, white

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.