Any one decided whom they will vote for US President?

View Poll Results: Candidates for US President. Democrat and Republican.
Joe Biden 2 2.74%
Hillary Clinton 17 23.29%
Christopher Dodd 0 0%
John Edwards 3 4.11%
Mike Gravel 0 0%
Dennis Kucinich 0 0%
Barack Obama 8 10.96%
Bill Richardson 0 0%
Sam Brownback 0 0%
Rudy Giuliani 14 19.18%
Mike Huckabee 4 5.48%
Duncan Hunter 1 1.37%
Alan Keyes 0 0%
John McCain 5 6.85%
Ron Paul 0 0%
Mitt Romney 7 9.59%
Tom Tancredo 1 1.37%
Fred Thompson 5 6.85%
Other declared candidate 0 0%
None of the above 2 2.74%
Lou Dobbs 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2007, 11:24 PM
n/a

Default Re: Any one decided whom they will vote for US President?

I've spent an inordinate amount of time reading about all the candidates yet am still undecided about my choice. I'm really just starting to look into Ron Paul and his platform. Pretty interesting...if he can be believed.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 AM
n/a

Well, if I could vote, I guess I'd be voting for Gravel or Dodds -- like either have a great chance of winning. Hunter, Thompson and Huckabee were tied for my bottom 3. No surprise, really. Knew my choices would be Democrat but I did expect Obama and Clinton to be a bit higher up.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:42 PM
n/a

But, then, given my political bent, it should be pretty obvious that I don't agree with the Hillary bashing.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. I think Bush is a joke to himself, his family, this country and I don't even want to discuss what I think of Reagan other than to say I told my ex-husband that if I ever found out voted for that man for any position, I'd be filing for divorce three days later. Yet I would never dream of making the insulting comments against either of these two men that I've seen in threads here against Hillary.

Isn't it time to stop the bashing (and rude, crude and lewd jokes) and honestly discuss the politics?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
n/a

Amen, Redwitch!!! I love honest, thought provoking political debate. Leave the name calling
out and focus on the issues.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
n/a

And count me in for that too. Bashing -- on whatever side -- never wins any converts, only people who don't want to hear any more.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
n/a

Count me in too. I hate bashing. Love discussing various political views.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Who cares what the world is fed up with? We are talking about the American Presidency, something that should be held at high standards, no matter who WINS the election. And cowboys have a lot more common sense and feelings than you obviously will ever know.
C'mon Osh. Calling Bush a cowboy doesn't diminish "the American Presidency" any more than calling Bill Clinton Slick Willie does. Being against the war doesn't mean lack of support for our troops. Being critical of our government doesn't mean a lack of patriotism. I firmly believe that what has made our country the strong, resilient, wonderful place it is, is the free exchange of ideas -- all ideas -- even if I personally disagree.

Hm-m-m. And I guess that goes for all the differing views on TV as well.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
n/a

Mike Huckabee!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
n/a

Hillary Rodham Clinton!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 AM
n/a

To me, saying you don't like someone is not bashing them. I don't like everything Hillary has said and done in the past and I have zero respect for her husband as a man and husband. I don't think that is bashing either Hillary or Bill. I don't think saying I loathed Reagan is bashing. I gave my opinions. I didn't post jokes about any politician. I haven't called any politician any rude name.

If what I said is bashing to you, I apologize. If this is all because I suggested you put some kind of comment that a link will take people to a Christian religious site out of respect for those who may not want to go there, oh well.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
n/a

I agree with you. I don't like to be confrontational but it seems some individuals make callous, demeaning remarks and then are shocked when someone points it out to them.

By-the-way if The Democratic Congress hadn't raided the Social Security Trust Fund about 20 years ago we wouldn't be in the huge mess we are in now. That's history. That's a fact and public record. It is not dirty politics or a mean remark. I don't understand why this has never been addressed. There is an IOU for that money but it'll never be paid back; because, to do so would probably mean increased taxes.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
n/a

If I had to select one person from each party, at this time it would be Obama and Romney.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:14 AM
n/a

Oshun, I was referring to Red's last statement,
"Isn't it time to stop the bashing (and rude, crude and lewd jokes) and honestly discuss the politics?"
I admired Reagan and have been a lifelong Republican. I voted for Bush the first time but not the second time. As I mellow in my old age,I consider myself a moderate Republican.
Your rant seemed suspiciously like bullying.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
n/a

I think it's interesting how you can go back and edit your posts on this forum. On Dec 17 Oshun jumped on Red and me by name. I fired a volley back. Oshun then edited and deleted some of her remarks, making my retort seem a little harsh. If you're going to write it, then stand by it. It seems almost dishonest to go back and delete sections of your post that others objected and responded to.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
n/a

Great Quiz! it looks like a lot of Democrats voted in the poll. Sure hope the TOTV poll is wrong!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.