Anyone Else See That Governor Christie

Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
n/a

Default Your Memory Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Correct me if my memory is not too good on this, but didn't candidate Obama when asked the same question refuse to answer saying it was above his pay grade?
too good.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Correct me if my memory is not too good on this, but didn't candidate Obama when asked the same question refuse to answer saying it was above his pay grade?
This may be what you are thinking about.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOTfnz11kBk[/ame]
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM
n/a

Default Figures that came from a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
This may be what you are thinking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOTfnz11kBk
right to life group. Scholars, legal experts, theologians, medical professionals etc, can't answer that question, however, evolution is a theory that has been scientifically validated, and since the Scopes trial , accepted as fact by most clear thinking people. However, Governor Christie, aka Governor Lard, didn't have the guts to state his opinion.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
right to life group. Scholars, legal experts, theologians, medical professionals etc, can't answer that question, however, evolution is a theory that has been scientifically validated, and since the Scopes trial , accepted as fact by most clear thinking people. However, Governor Christie, aka Governor Lard, didn't have the guts to state his opinion.
He did answer. He said to the "reporter," and I use that word generously,"Its none of your business." He answered. What does any of that have to do with being governor or POTUS?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Governor Lard?? Piece of work, you are.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
n/a

Quote:

Oh, I just saw your remark about Gov. Christie. Wow.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
n/a

Default No Wonder

And we wonder why there seems to be such a dearth of candidates for high political office? Yeah, when the wingnuts of the country use issues such as a person's position on evolution or abortion as the seminal issue determining whether or not to vote for one candidate or another, it's no wonder we have situations such as what seems to be happening to the GOP right now--now apparent strong leaders on the horizon ready to run for the Presidency. Why would anyone bother to place themselves "in harm's way" in dealing with such people?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 AM
n/a

Explain this to me...

How can we, on the one hand, complain that we (Americans) are falling behind other countries in math and science. Then, on the other hand, complain that students should be taught myth as fact in a science class? How?

"Creationism", "Intelligent Design", etc, is something for theology classes. *Science* involves the search for truths. Truths that, sometimes very inconveniently, CHANGE when new research sheds new light on topics.

For what it's worth, SOME scientists are now looking for what they call "The God Particle". And the idea that The Big Bang *might* have been engineered (because the ratio of matter to anti-matter had to be SO perfect in order to form the universe as we see it) is gaining some traction.

This allows for there to be a Creator - you know "Let There Be Light" - that sort of thing. It also permanently nixes the 5-6,000 year-old Earth idea.

Science and religion CAN co-exist but they belong in separate classes.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 AM
n/a

Why does it matter what he thinks on this subject? Because it could affect future legislation as it has here in Florida with the recent attack on a woman's right to choose. When religious beliefs spill over into legislation for all, I got a huge problem with that. It seems to me that the religious right in this country want to legislate their beliefs for all. If my child attended a school that taught creationism, I would pull him out. I want my child learning facts and truths in school and leave the religious beliefs in church where they belong.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 AM
n/a

Well well well,

Sounds like Gov Christie is the new whipping boy for the libs. Must be some fear that he will run for President. Their problem, he isn't fearful of telling some idiotic lib to go pound sand, when they try their "Rules for Radicals" baloney.

But when all else fails.......just call him fatty or lard.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
Well well well,

Sounds like Gov Christie is the new whipping boy for the libs. Must be some fear that he will run for President. Their problem, he isn't fearful of telling some idiotic lib to go pound sand, when they try their "Rules for Radicals" baloney.

But when all else fails.......just call him fatty or lard.
If the belt doesn't fit....oops wrong scenario.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
n/a

Default Anyone Else See That Governor Christie

I did read that account concerning the "God Particle" sometime ago that some believe lends credibility to the "Theory" of Intelligent Design" vis avis "Theory" of Evolution. Gosh both are referred as Theory wonder why? Maybe its because no one has ever been recorded as seeing achimp turn into a man or discovred the God Particle. I find it absolutely amusing that some people behave as if they have the right and only answer..and I believe that is why a politician like christie wouldn't not answer it. Personally for me I believe in the alien theory wherein little people with big buggy eyes artificially inseminated Neantherals, thus explaining their disapperance...Now that's a theory I can live with
Old 05-20-2011, 03:25 PM
n/a

Default Wasn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
...Science and religion CAN co-exist but they belong in separate classes....
And I might even go farther to say that anyone who disagrees with that concept ought not to be running for national public office.

Wasn't the separation of church and state a pretty important factor in the formation of the U.S.?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
And I might even go farther to say that anyone who disagrees with that concept ought not to be running for national public office.

Wasn't the separation of church and state a pretty important factor in the formation of the U.S.?
The simple answer would be ............... no.

Our founders voiced their faith in God constantly, and referred to God constantly in this country's formation.

But I know you will have many words of disagreement.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The simple answer would be ............... no.

Our founders voiced their faith in God constantly, and referred to God constantly in this country's formation.

But I know you will have many words of disagreement.
they may have professed their faith in God but they were wise enough to recognize that all don't and that to impose that on others (as the right is so wont to do) is not something that belongs in a free society.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.