APNewsbreak: Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have been polled on whether I have a positive or negative opinion of the ACA. I have answered negative. I don't think it went far enough as I support single payer for all. So when you see polls on the ACA, keep in mind that some of the negative people feel the law is too WEAK. And I am not alone

Not all of the opposition to the health care law comes from the right," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Thirty-nine percent say they oppose the law because it's too liberal, but 12% say they oppose it because it's not liberal enough."
CNN Poll: Support for Obamacare slightly edges up – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
That logic sounds like "low voter turn out resulted in the sweeping republican wins in the house and senate" last November...jus' sayin'.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:42 PM
n/a

If so many people have signed up for obamacare, why are there still 30 million uninsured?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
So what is your solution to universal healthcare including, of course, pre-existing conditions?
Who said we need universal health care.

All some of us want is reasonable cost of reasonable health care (being very careful to stay away from "affordaable").

There will always be those who can't afford it no matter what.
Are you willing to pay for theirs?

There will always be those who do not want it whether they can afford it or not.
Very many folks would rather spend the money on something else and then let the hand out system work when they need something.

And as far as those who are illegal....of course they can have it if they pay for it.....at least can get a subsidy.
Oh, I guess we are paying for it....eh?

The old system was working as well or better than anything since. Instead of fixing that part of health care that was working, why not come up with something for those who don't have any.

Nope...we are forced to fix it all and it is now on it's way to being all
Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 PM
n/a

The old system didn't work for me. I have a pre-existing condition.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 PM
n/a

The old system was if you get sick, just show up at the emergency room and we'll let the hospitals eat the loss.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:47 AM
n/a

the old system worked quite effectively for most of the population. Yes it did contain and generated high cost health care.

And of course SOME with pre existing conditions had difficulty finding reasonable coverage (it was available).

And who said the ACA was going to eliminate the glut of uninsured at the emergency room. Those that do not have or do not want to pay for health care will continue to do so.

And some forget to note that I did specifically state FIX the parts of health care that needed fixing.

Using the word universal makes for pretty (they think) speeches.
It also is a platform for the single payer system the current aministration wants and is moving toward.

There STILL has been nothing done to get the ever rising costs and abuse of health care charges under some control.

Remember the $500,000,000 cost reduction in medicare that was going to offset some of the cost of ACA? How are we doing against that farsical commitment?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:43 PM
n/a

I understand that it is a pretty safe bet that the WH will indeed grant this exception. Other sites are reporting that democrats in congress got their ears and this will happen to prevent a lot of shock...

"Hypocrisy: If ObamaCare is so great, why do Democrats repeatedly try to hide its more unpleasant features? The latest example is their desperate effort to grant still more exemptions to the law's individual mandate.
This week, three House Democrats who helped usher ObamaCare through that chamber — Sander Levin, Jim McDermott, and Lloyd Doggett — sent a plea to the White House, asking it to grant the uninsured another chance to enroll.
Their concern: Millions who are about to file taxes will learn they owe a penalty — sorry, "shared responsibility payment" — for not having coverage.
At the same time, they'll be out of luck getting coverage this year, since open enrollment is already closed. Which means they will owe a far bigger penalty next year, when it more than doubles.
"Without a special enrollment period, many people (who will be paying fines) will not have another opportunity to get coverage this year," the Democrats said in a statement.
Boo hoo.
When ObamaCare was put together, these same Democrats insisted that the law would only work if everyone were required to buy insurance.
That's because ObamaCare bans insurance companies from denying the sick coverage or charging them more, thereby encouraging people to wait until after they get sick to buy insurance. As in states that had already tried these reforms, the result would be a death spiral of rising premiums.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Democrats Keep Running Away From ObamaCare - Investors.com
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

I am pretty sure that you can apply for an exemption for this however.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
All about hust say no, at any cost. Not one constructive measure has been offered up by the Republican/tea party bunch in 6 years. They sit on their butts hoping for failure. I find it disgusting and un-American!
I think it is quite un-American of the Democrats to want to renege on the provisions of the law that they passed. Now they want to "just say no" to a part of the bill they don't like and for which they are taking he** from their constituents! I hope they get their "butts" handed to them come the next election!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think it is quite un-American of the Democrats to want to renege on the provisions of the law that they passed. Now they want to "just say no" to a part of the bill they don't like and for which they are taking he** from their constituents! I hope they get their "butts" handed to them come the next election!
The Dems just keep moving the goal posts ... there's always a sob story that mandates exceptions and such. It's becoming a predictable joke ... albeit an expensive one.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
the old system worked quite effectively for most of the population. Yes it did contain and generated high cost health care.

And of course SOME with pre existing conditions had difficulty finding reasonable coverage (it was available).

And who said the ACA was going to eliminate the glut of uninsured at the emergency room. Those that do not have or do not want to pay for health care will continue to do so.

And some forget to note that I did specifically state FIX the parts of health care that needed fixing.

Using the word universal makes for pretty (they think) speeches.
It also is a platform for the single payer system the current aministration wants and is moving toward.

There STILL has been nothing done to get the ever rising costs and abuse of health care charges under some control.

Remember the $500,000,000 cost reduction in medicare that was going to offset some of the cost of ACA? How are we doing against that farsical commitment?
Opinions on ACA and health care in general are really driven by whether a person is writing a check out their own bank account to pay for health care or if someone else is paying for it. I know mine is as I write a big check every month and also pay an ever increasing deductable. The free enterprise system works great in many areas but has been severely bastardized in medicine. When a working person cannot afford to pay for basic health care out of his wages, without insurance the system as is cannot be repaired. Private sector supplied health care coverage is disappearing rapidly and unless some of the obscene profit is taken out of health care everyone is in for a "come to Jesus moment".

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.