Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Bain Capital (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/bain-capital-56514/)

Guest 07-17-2012 08:24 PM

Tell you what Buggyone....will make your day and of course the day of many others I am sure.

Tell all those people with whom you discuss me that I left !! Enjoy

Guest 07-17-2012 08:52 PM

They always come back.

Guest 07-17-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523613)
Bucco, you go ahead and post whatever you want to post. I did not quote you or anyone else. If you want to keep yourself immersed in a peeing contest (either for distance or accurancy) you go right ahead. I was talking to RichieLion over dinner last night and he was pretty much agreeing with me over the quality of posts by certain posters. Some take this entirely way too serious and should get a life outside this forum.

When did I ever say this. I did postulate that Bucco is an obviously serious guy, although I admit I don't really know him, but the rest of your post is all out of your own head.

I was supporting Bucco when I said your humor is lost on him, and obviously not appreciated, so why do it unless it's purpose is to offend.

You make it sound as if I was betraying a confidence, and that's just false and wrong.

This is disturbing to me, and I'm responding publicly because you chose to misrepresent me in public, and I'm a bit miffed.

__________________________________________________ _______________

P.S. for Bucco: You do know that we're not all anonymous here? I'm acquainted with more that a few posters and readers of this forum. Things will be discussed over golf, a meal or an adult beverage in normal conversation. It doesn't mean confidences are revealed, but conversation will abound among friends.

Guest 07-18-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523590)
Maybe people who want an HONEST man in the White House. An HONEST man like President Obama and NOT one of dubious qualities like Mitt Romney?

LOL.w
I guess P. T. Barium was right.:spoken:

Guest 07-18-2012 07:32 AM

Mr Romney digging in his heels over his tax returns is foolish. Why not cough them up and move on to real issues. He is making himself an issue.

Guest 07-18-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523801)
I do offer a public apology to RichieLion for implying he betrayed a confidence to Bucco. Also to Bucco, you do know that people will talk to other posters either in IM or among friends about others on TOTV. I am not going to apologize for that. I do not want to hurt your feelings or anyone's feeling because I am not that kind of person and I do apologize for that if I did.

I'm hearing that Kumbuya refrain playing. Nice.

Guest 07-18-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523625)
Tell you what Buggyone....will make your day and of course the day of many others I am sure.

Tell all those people with whom you discuss me that I left !! Enjoy

Bucco, I don't know if you will get back on and read this or not. My completely personal observation is that a sabbatical from the forum may be very beneficial for you. You take this forum far too seriously in my opinion, and are far too thin-skinned and sensitive to disagreement, criticism, and sarcasm. You are obviously well-read and well intentioned, but you have a bias that is simply bound to draw strong rebuttal and disagreement. Good wishes, I am sure you are a good person.

Guest 07-18-2012 08:45 AM

Sounds like folks have run out of stuff to talk about Bain.....finally I hope.

btk

Guest 07-18-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523872)

btk

On this forum -- possibly.......in the real world of politics -- not likely.

Guest 07-18-2012 08:59 AM

I agree. But the American people will not re-elect Obama on a Bain based campaign.

Some of us are still waiting for the major issues to be addressed. Some have said Obama would do that in his speeches in Ohio. Well the real issues were conspicuous by their absence.

Hence as reality takes over and time grows short, there has to be more important topics that affect the American people instead of those Obama likes that affect only him.

I would add to the comments for Bucco to hang in there and not let the predictable, lack of credence mis representing posts of a very small number get to you. That is how they succeed at there task of representing the party....perseverance of pursuit NO MATTER WHAT. Don't let 'em win this one.
btk

Guest 07-18-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523872)

btk

Nope...Rush says the villain in Batman named Bane is not a coincidence but another one of those vile liberal conspiracies.
What do all the right wingers here think about that?

Guest 07-18-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523992)
Nope...Rush says the villain in Batman named Bane is not a coincidence but another one of those vile liberal conspiracies.

Probably only if liberals get to control the definition of the word-- bane. You'd probably find this word all over Juluis Caesar by William Shakespeare. Maybe Shakespeare was a closet birther??

Guest 07-18-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 523992)

Well, I'd say that Rush never reads Batman. The character Bane has been around for only about 20 years.

But then again, maybe Rush just wants everybody talking about this for some other reason. It could be a prank thing.

Guest 07-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 524037)
Well, I'd say that Rush never reads Batman. The character Bane has been around for only about 20 years.

But then again, maybe Rush just wants everybody talking about this for some other reason. It could be a prank thing.

I seem to remember limbaugh trashing Romney in 2007/8 and basically saying he couldn't support him if he was nominated.

Guest 07-18-2012 03:27 PM

anybody attempting to make any connection with the batman movie and any part of reality is either trying (desperately) to be funny or is really out in left field (pun intended!).

btk