Battle against ISIS

Old 03-07-2017, 01:19 PM
n/a

Default Battle against ISIS

Some good news on the fight against ISIS...making headway and lets hope it continues....

"BAGHDAD — Iraqi forces trying to reclaim Mosul penetrated the western part of the city on Tuesday, retaking a bridge and several public buildings during heavy clashes with the Islamic State, officials said.

Civilians reported that the bombardment and gunfire were the heaviest since Feb. 19, the beginning of the operation to retake the western part of the city — the country’s second-largest, where roughly a million people are trapped and living in desperate conditions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/w...iraq-isis.html

"The Islamic State appeared to suffer an important setback on Monday when American-backed militia fighters in Syria seized the main route that connects Raqqa, the Islamic State’s de facto capital, to its territory in southeastern Deir al-Zour Province.

The development essentially severed the last remaining access for supply deliveries to Raqqa and may have eliminated an escape route for Islamic State fighters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/w...qqa-siege.html

This concerns me greatly and at least some statement should be made by the USA....

"Twelve people from the embattled city of Mosul, including a 2-month-old baby, have been treated for suspected exposure to a blistering chemical agent, medics said Saturday, as Islamic State militants strike back at government-held neighborhoods while trying to hold off advancing government forces.

The patients, who were being treated in a hospital in the northern Kurdish city of Irbil, displayed symptoms of a chemical attack, including blisters, burns, respiratory problems, irritation to the eyes and vomiting. They described three separate attacks with rockets carrying gas over the past week on neighborhoods in eastern Mosul recaptured by government forces.

ISIS militants accused of using 'blistering chemical agent' in attacks in Mosul - Chicago Tribune

We are in better shape in the last year, it appears than we have been. And the terrorist attacks have basically been reduced to isolated loner attacks.

The last one in this country was at Ohio State and in the world Afghanastan.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
???
I think the 24 hours donny said would take him to defeat isis is over. Guess he didn't know more than all the generals put togeather.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
n/a

This is also interesting....as ISIS reels then what ??

"The Islamic State is reeling. With its finances cut in half over the past six months, its media and information operations in tatters, and the offensive in western Mosul eating through its territory, the end of its so-called caliphate across the Middle East seems near. While a clear-cut victory is far from inevitable, at the current rate, it is conceivable that U.S. forces and their allies will defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria by killing and capturing its fighters, driving the group from key cities and villages in what formerly constituted its vaunted caliphate, and ultimately taking Raqqa, its stronghold.

The focus, then, will shift to what ISIS’s foreign fighters—who at their peak numbered tens of thousands from dozens of countries—will do next. There are several possibilities."

Where Do ISIS Fighters Go When the Caliphate Falls? - The Atlantic
Old 03-07-2017, 01:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think the 24 hours donny said would take him to defeat isis is over. Guess he didn't know more than all the generals put togeather.
The successes had NOTHING to do with the last election...NOTHING at all.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM
n/a

Obama the great leader is responsible for all good and no evil.

I pity the liberal fools, pray for them.The Villages Florida
Old 03-07-2017, 04:01 PM
n/a

Quote:

Speaking of fools = AFFALD who I believe cannot even spell issues
Old 03-08-2017, 06:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
Speaking of fools = AFFALD who I believe cannot even spell issues
Hey fat woman. You forgot the period. What are you on the rag?

Do you also believe in fairies?

God bless President Trump.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 AM
n/a

Quote:

Who are you praying to, I know Christians and your no Christian.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Hey fat woman. You forgot the period. What are you on the rag?

Do you also believe in fairies?

God bless President Trump.
Don't ever use the name of God in such a perverted reply. Shame on you.

Tags
isis, battle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.