Ben Carson's Qualifications

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Ben Carson's Qualifications

What, exactly, are Ben Carson's qualifications to be President of the USA? True, he is a brilliant surgeon but what of political and government experience?

Sec. Clinton, like it or not, has much government experience. Gov. Walker has government experience, Sen. Rubio, Gov. Jindahl, Gov. Christie, Sen. Paul all have government and political experience.

You do not start with being President as your first government job. The man would be eaten alive by all the Washington insiders and advisors as well as Members of the House and the Senate.
  #2  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Qualifications,don't matter look what we have now!
  #3  
Old 03-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What, exactly, are Ben Carson's qualifications to be President of the USA? True, he is a brilliant surgeon but what of political and government experience?

Sec. Clinton, like it or not, has much government experience. Gov. Walker has government experience, Sen. Rubio, Gov. Jindahl, Gov. Christie, Sen. Paul all have government and political experience.

You do not start with being President as your first government job. The man would be eaten alive by all the Washington insiders and advisors as well as Members of the House and the Senate.
Dear Guest: Perhaps the fact that Ben Carlson is an outsider could bode well for voters. Corporations often look outside for fresh talent with different ideas to rejuvenate their companies. Also lobbyist, etc don't have their hooks firmly embedded in his skin.

A guy coming from humble beginnings to renowned claim is tough enough to handle Washington.

He is highly intelligent has moral clarity exhibits political courage is honest and forthright and demonstrates balance and common sense.

I may or not support this guy but it is too early yet to discount him

I will refrain from comparing him to other potential candidates from either party because i will reserve that final comparison when the time comes to choose

Personal Best Regards:
  #4  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In corporate America it is demonstrated time and again that to get things changed or fixed or improved it is proves most often to bring in an outsider.

Insiders always know how things work and why they do the way they do. And because it is what they have always been a part of do not have an inclination to make changes or rock the boat.

An outsider on the other hand does not know why things are done the way they are and is much more prone and likely to ask why.

Insiders have an attachment to existing personnel......including far too much dead wood and tenure only qualifications.

Outsiders do not have the attachment and are more likely and usually do bring in a team of their choosing.

Regarding the position of POTUS, the insider aspect is for those inside Washington DC. So when Clinton's so called "experience" or the mis-nomer "qualifications", only means she knows how and why things work the way they do. It is a guarantee she is not likely to even consider rocking the boat, hence the dead wood, the tenure professionals and most of all the "you owe me" crowd will ALL remain.

Show me a candidate with the capabilities and qualifications needed for the job at hand and don't burdon me with those who have been raised from within as the main go-no-go measure.

Obama came in as a Washington outsider. One of his major claims was to bring change to Washington. All he did was reenforce and strengthen the politics as usual.

Hillary Clinton is the epitome of business/politics as usual....IT IS ALL SHE KNOWS!!
  #5  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How can there be any discussion regarding lack of experience or qualifications being of any concern when one turns back the clock to 2007 and looks at the resume of Barrack Hussein Obama???

And was able to unseat the most likely candidate (sound familiar?) Hillary Clinton.
  #6  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

As a medical professional myself, I have always looked upon Dr. Carson with high regard. He is an intelligent, hard working, compassionate man with what appears to be high moral standards. i agree with other posters that being an insider is not only not necessary, but could be a hindrance at this point. What is more important to me is that the next POTUS be a great leader. For this reason, I have always preferred (if we must speak of experience) a governor as POTUS, with the VP being maybe a senator - a governor leads, while a senator has more of the know-how of getting around DC politics. I too am reserving my opinion about Dr Carson as a potential candidate, not because of his lack of political experience, but to better determine how great of a leader he might be.
  #7  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In corporate America it is demonstrated time and again that to get things changed or fixed or improved it is proves most often to bring in an outsider.!!
The analogy does not hold water. If, for example, Microsoft was looking for a new CEO, they would recruit someone with experience in computer systems and would not consider a top physician who did not have any business experience nor extensive computer experience, would they?
  #8  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No need for concern. The republicans are not going to nominate Dr. Carson. They like to trot out Carson and Herman Cain, and Alan West to show how enlightened and diverse they are, but actually nominate one of them? Not in this century!
  #9  
Old 03-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
How can there be any discussion regarding lack of experience or qualifications being of any concern when one turns back the clock to 2007 and looks at the resume of Barrack Hussein Obama???

And was able to unseat the most likely candidate (sound familiar?) Hillary Clinton.
I guess being a U.S. senator from the 5th largest state is not considered a qualification. BTW, working Hussein into his name speaks volumes.
  #10  
Old 03-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The analogy does not hold water. If, for example, Microsoft was looking for a new CEO, they would recruit someone with experience in computer systems and would not consider a top physician who did not have any business experience nor extensive computer experience, would they?
It certainly does. Just check the CEO turnover for the past 10 or even 20 years and you will find that what I stated in my post, "...Show me a candidate with the capabilities and qualifications needed for the job at hand..."
is applied regularly. The key is to be looking for the very best person to do the job. That does not mean one who is from the business because they know it. It means they have acknowledged ability to do the job.

It is a concept that is not neccessarily very popular with a lot of people for obvious reasons.

Why would Microsoft put a limitation on candidate selection? The answer is they would not.
  #11  
Old 03-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It certainly does. Just check the CEO turnover for the past 10 or even 20 years and you will find that what I stated in my post, "...Show me a candidate with the capabilities and qualifications needed for the job at hand..."
is applied regularly. The key is to be looking for the very best person to do the job. That does not mean one who is from the business because they know it. It means they have acknowledged ability to do the job.

It is a concept that is not neccessarily very popular with a lot of people for obvious reasons.

Why would Microsoft put a limitation on candidate selection? The answer is they would not.
Please show me a major corporation who hired a surgeon with no experience in the particular corporate occupation as their CEO.
  #12  
Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
No need for concern. The republicans are not going to nominate Dr. Carson. They like to trot out Carson and Herman Cain, and Alan West to show how enlightened and diverse they are, but actually nominate one of them? Not in this century!

Excellent point.

Imagine the GOP having a black candidate and the Democrats having a female candidate. That is a scenario that would have MOST Republicans stay home on Election Day.
  #13  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Excellent point.

Imagine the GOP having a black candidate and the Democrats having a female candidate. That is a scenario that would have MOST Republicans stay home on Election Day.
Democrats can only pray that that is the scenario in 2016.
  #14  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Please show me a major corporation who hired a surgeon with no experience in the particular corporate occupation as their CEO.
  #15  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I guess being a U.S. senator from the 5th largest state is not considered a qualification. BTW, working Hussein into his name speaks volumes.
You do know that these are the same voters that elected di Blasio
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.