The biggest laugh of the day; no week; no the year;

Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM
n/a

Default The biggest laugh of the day; no week; no the year;

Obama and the mysterious "WH"
have no shame.
The only fact is the performance of the market while he was in in office.
To claim ANY part what so ever that Obama and his administration is the record breaking joke of his tenure.

White House trumpets stock-market gains under Obama - MarketWatch

And if the market tanks later this year they will deny any involvement or blame somebody!!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:56 PM
n/a

If it tanks, they will blame Trump.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If it tanks, they will blame Trump.
more likely Bush, they have that down pat
Old 03-04-2016, 07:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
have no shame.
To claim ANY part what so ever that Obama and his administration is the record breaking joke of his tenure.

And if the market tanks later this year they will deny any involvement or blame somebody!!!!
The credit should go to Republicans in house that approved all the deficiet spending that has and is still driving the market. Imagine Obama taking credit for that!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
The credit should go to Republicans in house that approved all the deficiet spending that has and is still driving the market. Imagine Obama taking credit for that!
Did Obama veto the budget? How many budgets did Obama have in his two terms? I can't seem to remember how many. Must have been quite a few, right?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your post shows your lack of understanding regarding money and markets. The Federal Reserve's monetary policy (e.g. low interest rates) is driving the markets.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your post shows your lack of understanding regarding money and markets. The Federal Reserve's monetary policy (e.g. low interest rates) is driving the markets.
I think it might be you who doesn't understand markets. Putting trillions of made up money into economy is the force driving markets. Low interest money does help but free money trumps it. IMO
Old 03-05-2016, 10:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think it might be you who doesn't understand markets. Putting trillions of made up money into economy is the force driving markets. Low interest money does help but free money trumps it. IMO
Made up money? Just exactly what is that? And, how are trillions being put into the economy? Please enlighten me.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
have no shame.

Your right.
Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act was not the work of Obama alone.

Obama should share the credit with Representative Barney Frank and Senator Chris Dodd, , co-architects of the Act along with Senator Richard Shelby, the top-ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Made up money? Just exactly what is that? And, how are trillions being put into the economy? Please enlighten me.
It is called deficiet spending, your grandchildren's future earnings if you have grandchildren, and it has exploded since 2008. Without it the market would have gone much lower than it did instead of spiking to record levels. If you lowered the fed rate to zero but passed a real balanced budget without gimmicks your stock market would cave quickly. IMO
Old 03-05-2016, 04:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your right.
Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act was not the work of Obama alone.

Obama should share the credit with Representative Barney Frank and Senator Chris Dodd, , co-architects of the Act along with Senator Richard Shelby, the top-ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee.
You forgot to include Clinton in that mess.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
It is called deficiet spending, your grandchildren's future earnings if you have grandchildren, and it has exploded since 2008. Without it the market would have gone much lower than it did instead of spiking to record levels. If you lowered the fed rate to zero but passed a real balanced budget without gimmicks your stock market would cave quickly. IMO
By almost every measure the stimulus package, which I assume you are referring to, has been an abysmal failure. And, for all practical purposes, the Fed Fund rate HAS been at zero for the last several years, forcing investors to seek higher returns in the stock market; hence, the increase in the market indices despite an overall decrease in corporate earnings due to a Obama's sluggish economy.

I also think that you may be confusing fiscal policy with monetary policy. Obama has tried to take credit for the results of the Fed's monetary policy on the stock market...policy and action that he had/has NO control over.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
You forgot to include Clinton in that mess.
What role did he play?
Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
What role did he play?
It was his idea that everyone should own a home, even when they couldn't afford one. Glass-Steagall was repealed during the Clinton Administration with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
By almost every measure the stimulus package, which I assume you are referring to, has been an abysmal failure. And, for all practical purposes, the Fed Fund rate HAS been at zero for the last several years, forcing investors to seek higher returns in the stock market; hence, the increase in the market indices despite an overall decrease in corporate earnings due to a Obama's sluggish economy.

I also think that you may be confusing fiscal policy with monetary policy. Obama has tried to take credit for the results of the Fed's monetary policy on the stock market...policy and action that he had/has NO control over.
Again I don't disagree that the low interest rate set by the fed drives savers to the stock market, it did. But without the massive amount of deficiet spending I don't believe stocks would be anywhere the levels they are today. The effectiveness of the stimulus can be argued but it did pump a tremendous amount of capital into the economy that contributed greatly to stock market roaring back. Along with interest rates consumer demand must be there and it would not have been without borrowed money. IMO

Tags
year, year;, week;, biggest, laugh, day;

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.