Bigots in The Villages

Old 06-13-2016, 08:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Take it easy Archie Bunker.
Archie Bunker ? Archie Bunker !

WOW ! What an original and insightful response !

So original ! Just amazing !

No one ever has come up with that one before !

Way to tell`em !!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Archie is a tv character not a person.

Norman Lear originally intended that Bunker be strongly disliked by audiences. Lear was shocked when Bunker quietly became a beloved figure to much of middle America. Lear thought that Bunker's opinions on race, sex, marriage, and religion were so wrong as to represent a parody of right wing bigotry.
Archie Bunker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He's written to be a person.

Norman Lear can think what he wants, he can tell a reporter...anything, true or not. Norman Lear obviously didn't know the average American. He was wrong.

There is a REASON why most Americans are "bigots". They drive down the street, they see what "diversity" has wrought upon neighborhoods. They see what "diversity" has done to schools. They see what "diversity" has done to their workplace. They see what diversity had done to our culture, society, welfare roles.

Tell me why we're wrong to not want this to happen to us? Our neighborhood turned from wonderful to woeful? Our school turned from #1 to #17? Our workload increases because of the dead wood EEO laws create with affirmative action and quotas? Why we're wrong to be against the "ethnicization" of our culture, society? Against the number on the roles ever going up? Against the nonconformity?

You ask a lot from us.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
He's written to be a person.

Norman Lear can think what he wants, he can tell a reporter...anything, true or not. Norman Lear obviously didn't know the average American. He was wrong.

There is a REASON why most Americans are "bigots". They drive down the street, they see what "diversity" has wrought upon neighborhoods. They see what "diversity" has done to schools. They see what "diversity" has done to their workplace. They see what diversity had done to our culture, society, welfare roles.

Tell me why we're wrong to not want this to happen to us? Our neighborhood turned from wonderful to woeful? Our school turned from #1 to #17? Our workload increases because of the dead wood EEO laws create with affirmative action and quotas? Why we're wrong to be against the "ethnicization" of our culture, society? Against the number on the roles ever going up? Against the nonconformity?

You ask a lot from us.
Norman Lear and his Actor friends NEVER drove down the streets that you did day after day .

The internal " rot " of our society , culture and living conditions NEVER appeared in their little corner of " Ls La Land " .
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
What you call a bigot...is just someone who doesn't agree with YOU. They think you're the "bigot" because you fail/refuse to see their view.

That's the problem when everyone in society is lied to by government, politicians, corporations, religions, education, and just about everyone you meet.

People get the strangest ideas about reality when they're constantly lied to. No wonder so many need psychotropic drugs.
Northern Idaho is waiting for you, if whiteville gets to diverse for you.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's the same with the NRA. Think about all the press it gets. What percentage of Americans are members of the NRA? I looked it up.
Being gay (and representing 3.8 percent of the population) is not the same as being in a gun club...

I believe the NRA membership is around 4.3 million, that is roughly 2% of the population?

But, the NRA represents or helps all gun owners and 33% of Americans own a gun.

Only 3.8% of Americans are gay...certainly they do not have a gay club that is larger than the NRA, or do you?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Being gay (and representing 3.8 percent of the population) is not the same as being in a gun club...

I believe the NRA membership is around 4.3 million, that is roughly 2% of the population?

Only 3.8% of Americans are gay...certainly they do not have a gay club that is larger than the NRA, or do you?
Oh no. You called me gay. That's funny.
Did you see my post on how many people believe that 23% of the population is gay?

Why do you think that's so?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:54 PM
n/a

Quote:

"Whereas 38% of Americans said gay and lesbian relations were morally acceptable in 2002, that number has risen to 63% today. And while 35% of Americans favored legalized same-sex marriage in 1999, 60% favor it today." I guess you are in the minority in your thinking according to this Gallop pole.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Whereas 38% of Americans said gay and lesbian relations were morally acceptable in 2002, that number has risen to 63% today. And while 35% of Americans favored legalized same-sex marriage in 1999, 60% favor it today." I guess you are in the minority in your thinking according to this Gallop pole.
Anybody can find a poll that supports their position on ANYTHING.

Why waste the keystrokes on a group that is by the numbers insignificant and by the morals of most .....just not right no matter how it is presented!!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Anybody can find a poll that supports their position on ANYTHING.

Why waste the keystrokes on a group that is by the numbers insignificant and by the morals of most .....just not right no matter how it is presented!!
I stick with the Pew Research Center. I didn't know you could get polls to support anything.

I enjoy hearing from the kinder posters. If my dad said so and so had a big heart, all other faults were forgiven, money or education never mattered. My kids picked up on that too.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
" Gallop Pole " What kind of a pole is that --- for climbing or fishing ?

I think you meant " Gallup Poll " .
Old 06-13-2016, 05:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe this helps:

Search Results
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

As is typical, far too many discuss a subject without knowledge of meaning.
Seems by the above definition there are a whole lot of bigots!
And they abound both on the left and right of the political spectrum!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Typical bigot, you post that which is to your thinking, disregarding other.

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary

"Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)"
Aren!'t you a bigot because of your intolerance towards Villagers?
You have prejudged so many people that you don't even know!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:53 PM
n/a

Bigotry is a Belief System without a specific hierarchy as is the case with many of the World`s major Belief Systems especially those Belief Systems prevalent in Asian Countries .
Old 06-13-2016, 05:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Archer Bunker is running for President. At least, a very stupid version of him in Donald Trump.
It is a waste of time to get involved with a bigoted poster like this!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bigotry is a Belief System without a specific hierarchy as is the case with many of the World`s major Belief Systems especially those Belief Systems prevalent in Asian Countries .
Good Point !

Tags
person, villages, bigots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.