Blacks and bad neighborhoods.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:09 PM
n/a

Default Blacks and bad neighborhoods.

African Americans are still concentrated in neighborhoods with high poverty and still lack full access to decent housing | Economic Policy Institute

Let's talk about how these places can be improved. Maybe some of the TOTVers have some wisdom in this area.

I lived in one of these drug invested and mainly poor black neighborhoods in the Summer of 1988 in Minneapolis and basically would not go out after dark because of the often drug deals going on across the street in the park. Shots would sometimes ring out at night.

The rent was very cheap that Summer.

Part of the problem back then was that people were still judged by the color of their skin and that would close many doors that were wide open to people of other colors.

That still seems to be a problem. As does the extremely limited resources going to these neighborhoods and the attractiveness of the relative very easy but very risky drug trade.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:13 PM
n/a

It has nothing to do with the color of their skin. Not everyone living there is black. It has to do with working for a living. If you want it free, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It has nothing to do with the color of their skin. Not everyone living there is black. It has to do with working for a living. If you want it free, you get what you pay for.
A lot of the people I met in that neighborhood were working.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
African Americans are still concentrated in neighborhoods with high poverty and still lack full access to decent housing | Economic Policy Institute

Let's talk about how these places can be improved. Maybe some of the TOTVers have some wisdom in this area.

I lived in one of these drug invested and mainly poor black neighborhoods in the Summer of 1988 in Minneapolis and basically would not go out after dark because of the often drug deals going on across the street in the park. Shots would sometimes ring out at night.

Part of the problem back then was that people were still judged by the color of their skin and that would close many doors that were wide open to people of other colors.

That still seems to be a problem. As does the extremely limited resources going to these neighborhoods and the attractiveness of the relative very easy but very risky drug trade.
...and what area of Minneapolis was that? Be specific.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:16 PM
n/a

Quote:

When all is said and done, it's basically a dysfunctional inner city culture problem more so than a race issue
Old 08-31-2016, 06:55 PM
n/a

There will always be poor people. Most of us did not have the silver spoon. Majority came evidently find Job or skill to support them self. Yes, have to do things like join military or take job to survive till one thing better comes along. There will always be some that alow bad habit to over take commonsense.

As along as we have certain party that panders for votes and not advancement nothing will change. Another thing higher education IMO not always the answer. Most college graduates have no skill just piece of paper that says I spent time parting and studying a meanless subject and passed test. Now add in job losses for 40 years due to outsourcing slave labor. This what we get, very rich, very poor, and few between.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 PM
n/a

It's hard for them to find employment when they have a chip on their shoulders and consistently feel sorry for themselves. Losers hang with losers, so you have a bad neighborhood.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:05 PM
n/a

Quote:

They BRING the poverty to an area. A once beautiful place, decays as the "diversity" increases. THEY are the problem.

They DESTROY their housing. That's why it isn't decent.

How can they be improved? Make them white again. Move the blacks out and the whites in and voila...it becomes a nice place to live again.

You have to understand, it's them. THEY are the problem. If there was ONE place on this entire planet that was 99% black and a paradise, even OK, I'd believe they're equal. There isn't ONE decent 99% black place on the planet. That says a LOT!

The neighborhood wasn't like that until AFTER it became "black". They CHANGED a neighborhood with their presence. It ALWAYS happens the same way. They move in, the place goes down hill. Becoming poor and violent.

Blacks are the ones who do 90% of the shootings, want to curb gun violence...keep guns away from blacks.

You people KEEP saying that lie...that we JUDGE BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN. No, we do not. We judge by their actions. We IDENTIFY them by their physical appearance. We KNOW blacks bring misery. They bring down neighborhoods, schools, workplaces...

It's throwing good money after bad. It's a waste of time and money. In 150 years, they've achieved nothing on their own and they expect everything GIVEN to them. They're a drain on the nation. An unsustainable drain. Over 50% of the country gets benefits from the government, how high can it go before we can't do it any more? They get the equivalent of $60,000 a year in benefits.

Quote:
Blacks and Hispanics for the most part...take a look at your future as they become the majority. They already are in kindergarten and 1st grade...and growing every year. The new baby boom...Hispanic anchor babies having their OWN kids. 1/3rd the population is Hispanic now...and growing.

Quote:
When all is said and done, it's basically a dysfunctional inner city culture problem more so than a race issue
No, it's a dysfunctional RACE creating a dysfunctional culture within the inner cities. It's like letting children run things.

Quote:
There will always be poor people. Most of us did not have the silver spoon. Majority came evidently find Job or skill to support them self. Yes, have to do things like join military or take job to survive till one thing better comes along. There will always be some that alow bad habit to over take commonsense.

As along as we have certain party that panders for votes and not advancement nothing will change. Another thing higher education IMO not always the answer. Most college graduates have no skill just piece of paper that says I spent time parting and studying a meanless subject and passed test. Now add in job losses for 40 years due to outsourcing slave labor. This what we get, very rich, very poor, and few between.
Yes, but not violent and poor. Being poor won't make you violent but being violent will make you poor.

You ASSUME that they think like you and I. They don't. Look at how they live, how can you think they think like we do? They're incapable of the looking within and insightfulness we have...they just don't. Again, WHERE are they successful when left to their own devices?

Quote:
It's hard for them to find employment when they have a chip on their shoulders and consistently feel sorry for themselves. Losers hang with losers, so you have a bad neighborhood.
Yup. And it's hard when you're not as bright, unpredictable, and violent. When you talk funny, look funny, act funny.

There are a LOT of reasons and they ALL point back to them.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:24 AM
n/a

Another graduate of the School of Sweeping Generalizations.
"THEY"??
They BRING the poverty to an area. A once beautiful place, decays as the "diversity" increases. THEY are the problem.

How can they be improved? Make them white again. Move the blacks out and the whites in and voila...it becomes a nice place to live again.

You have to understand, it's them. THEY are the problem. If there was ONE place on this entire planet that was 99% black and a paradise, even OK, I'd believe they're equal. There isn't ONE decent 99% black place on the planet. That says a LOT!

I am embarrassed that Archie Bunker and his Mental Midgetry are alive and thriving right here in TV. Where do you get your stats from? You have resided everywhere on the planet? Best pray YOU never need a blood transfusion. You might become a gun totin', neighborhood destroyin', baby makin' black or hispanic. You can't shine their shoes.. I can only hope that you have not been allowed to impact the minds of children. Next it will be pray away the gay and Hitler will rise again. Such dangerous talk.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
"THEY"??

I am embarrassed that Archie Bunker and his Mental Midgetry are alive and thriving right here in TV. Where do you get your stats from? You have resided everywhere on the planet? Best pray YOU never need a blood transfusion. You might become a gun totin', neighborhood destroyin', baby makin' black or hispanic. You can't shine their shoes.. I can only hope that you have not been allowed to impact the minds of children. Next it will be pray away the gay and Hitler will rise again. Such dangerous talk.
He is a racist, but that does not make him wrong. He has some valid points, but he just doesn't use PC to express himself.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:51 AM
n/a

This is a very complex issue. One part: Based on the black history many of them were separated from families and through the time of slavery until present day "a father figure" is still absent . One part: Liberal policies well intended result in keeping many dependent today. One part: Failure of liberal policies/unions that refuse to allow school choice so that real education can take hold. One part: Failure of parents and black community leaders to take responsibility for their lives and their community ( blame the man). One part: poor parenting skills parents fail to provide good example and the beat goes on

On the other hand look at the success of people Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Candi Rice, Jason Riley and million more black people that broke ranks

It is an evolutionary process and it was going well until liberals jumped in during the 1960's and going forward

Prior to that and going back to the beginning Democrats were black oppressors formed KKK segregationists ergo GOP funding by Abe Lincoln and William Seward

Dr. King said one thing I totally agreed with and that was one should not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character

The black congregation in Charleston, attacked by a race hater , responded with dignity and grace is a prime example. How could you not show great respect for people who know how best to overcome such adversity. It was a teachable moment for us all.

Race baiters and dividers like Al Sharpton Obama and Holder have kept this issue of race and its false narrative of social injustice going. Add George Soros who is sponsoring black Lives matter and other globalist who want open borders to dissolve national borders. This race issue fits into this global narrative just as the issue of immigration And we need to end both in a diplomatic, humane and rational manner

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-03-2016, 07:14 AM
n/a

Trump has been telling AfricanAmericans thar he will fix their economic problems and rid their cities of crime.

What SPECIFICALLY will he do? Once again, he talks but offers no concrete solutions.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
"THEY"??

Whatcha got as a retort there lady?

I've seen the pictures...the back area ALWAYS looks the same...dirty, nasty, falling apart...Somalia or Detroit, they ALL look the same.

I can't receive "black blood", we don't match...you didn't know that? I've told you...blacks aren't the same as us. The blood centers are always TRYING to get blacks to donate for "their people", but blacks don't volunteer much.

Why would I shine their shoes? I pay them to shine mine.

YOU are the one filling children's heads with lies. Show the "equality" you tout...prove it...where can we see it?

You support the gays too? How does it feel to be on the wrong side every time? Neither is GOOD for the country or society.

Quote:
He is a racist, but that does not make him wrong. He has some valid points, but he just doesn't use PC to express himself.
SOME? I've YET to have anyone prove ANY of it wrong.

Show me the black paradise. Show me the blacks at the TOP of anything but sports.

Equality is a BIG lie.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a very complex issue. One part: Based on the black history many of them were separated from families and through the time of slavery until present day "a father figure" is still absent . One part: Liberal policies well intended result in keeping many dependent today. One part: Failure of liberal policies/unions that refuse to allow school choice so that real education can take hold. One part: Failure of parents and black community leaders to take responsibility for their lives and their community ( blame the man). One part: poor parenting skills parents fail to provide good example and the beat goes on

On the other hand look at the success of people Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Candi Rice, Jason Riley and million more black people that broke ranks

It is an evolutionary process and it was going well until liberals jumped in during the 1960's and going forward

Prior to that and going back to the beginning Democrats were black oppressors formed KKK segregationists ergo GOP funding by Abe Lincoln and William Seward

Dr. King said one thing I totally agreed with and that was one should not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character

The black congregation in Charleston, attacked by a race hater , responded with dignity and grace is a prime example. How could you not show great respect for people who know how best to overcome such adversity. It was a teachable moment for us all.

Race baiters and dividers like Al Sharpton Obama and Holder have kept this issue of race and its false narrative of social injustice going. Add George Soros who is sponsoring black Lives matter and other globalist who want open borders to dissolve national borders. This race issue fits into this global narrative just as the issue of immigration And we need to end both in a diplomatic, humane and rational manner

Personal Best Regards:
Everything you said is propaganda bullsh!t. All but Kings line...

We DO judge them by their "character" or LACK of it. You named as few names...the TOP1% of their race. The other 99% are worthless eaters. WHAT do they contribute for the general welfare of everyone? Nothing. They bring down EVERYTHING they touch. They're great athletes but sh!tty people.

Quote:
Trump has been telling AfricanAmericans thar he will fix their economic problems and rid their cities of crime.

What SPECIFICALLY will he do? Once again, he talks but offers no concrete solutions.
Get rid of them? It's the BEST thing that could happen.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:45 AM
n/a

Default Re: The real world

Quote:

You surely do not want to hear this BUT
The word prejudice is PRE JUDGEMENT. It is a survival skill.
You in your post speak about 1988 and say back then people were judged by the color of their skin. That has not changed. You ADMIT that you would not go out at night.

This country just finish the administration of our first black president. While I did not vote for Obama nothing would have made me prouder than to need to admit that he was a great president and put a major dent in the cancer we call racism. Instead, Obama chose to fan the sparks into flames. We now have Hillary WHORING for votes by speaking in front of groups like the Trevon Martin association. Before the race baiters like Sharpton got to Trevon's mother she herself said her son was no good.
We accept groups like black lives matter AND DO NOT SEE THEM AS RACIST. YET, if there is a group white lives matter we would all see that as what it is RACIST. There are far too many similar examples BLACK CAUCUS is yet another.
I am WHITE. My dad was a wounded WWII vet and I was born only 5 years after he left combat. We grew up in worse poverty then what we feel is acceptable for people on the public tab-WELFARE. I had what many whites feel is an unfair advantage. While we did not have much money, my parents were married through my entire life.
I knew who my father was. There was none of this well it could have been or??? or????? or??????? The first thing my father bought me was a BOOK. I cherished it and I still have it.
As to black. We have two distinctly different black cultures in the US. People we call islanders were histrionically French slaves also seized in Africa. The death rates among the French Slaves were actually far worse than for American slaves and yet they are among the hardest WORKING people in the US. They too cherish education and family. Then you have our domestic blacks.
Eighty percent of the black babies are born to unwed mothers. Far too many are damaged by drug use and venereal disease before they are even born. They have no or few people to encourage them to get an EDUCATION so they end up LIKE TREVON MARTIN or that other one BROWN.

Tags
people, problem, neighborhoods, bad, blacks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.