Bowe Bergdahl

Old 02-12-2015, 09:01 PM
n/a

Default Bowe Bergdahl

Has anyone seen anything on Bowe Bergdahl ?? Why is this taking so long. His parents stood side by side with the President...not sure that is why but what is happening...this is the last I have heard...

"The U.S. Army says no decision has been made as to whether to charge Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion, despite some media reports claiming those charges are "imminent."

According to a story from The Army Times, representatives from the Pentagon said that "there have been no actions or decisions" coming from its investigation into the circumstances surrounding the capture of Bergdahl by Taliban forces.

"Sgt. Bergdahl has not been charged with any crime," said Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby during a press briefing Tuesday afternoon.

"No decision has been made with respect to the case of Sgt. Bergdahl," Kirby said. "None. There is no timeline to make that decision, and Gen. [Mark] Milley is being put under no pressure to make a decision."

Bergdahl disappeared from Combat Outpost Mest-Lalak in Paktika province, Afghanistan, on June 30, 2009. Five years later, he was swapped for five Taliban members housed at the Guantánamo Bay detention center in Cuba.

"The investigation is still with the Commanding General of US Army Forces Command who will determine appropriate action - which ranges from no further action to convening a court martial," said Major General Ronald F Lewis.

Other media outlets, citing anonymous sources, say Bergdahl will face desertion charges.

According to an NBC News story, Bergdahl will face a lesser charge of desertion -- leaving a post to avoid duty or shirk an important assignment.

That charge carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison.

Pentagon denies it has decided to charge Bowe Bergdahl with desertion | AL.com

We gave up a lot of "heavy hitters" to get this man back to join his parents. Do not understand the delay in any announcements as reports are that the investigation is over.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:41 PM
n/a

Pretty simple really.

Obummer trades the radical Islamic dream team for a deserter. Deserter gets prison. Obummer looks like an even bigger idiot for trading a deserter for terrorists.

Or…

No prison, therefore no looking like a big idiot (in his small mind.) Just a political way of kicking another inconvenient can down the road (till our avid golf player is out of office.)
Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Pretty simple really.

Obummer trades the radical Islamic dream team for a deserter. Deserter gets prison. Obummer looks like an even bigger idiot for trading a deserter for terrorists.

Or…

No prison, therefore no looking like a big idiot (in his small mind.) Just a political way of kicking another inconvenient can down the road (till our avid golf player is out of office.)
Obummer, I see what you did there! That is really clever, do you do any other word tricks like that? You must be really smart.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obummer, I see what you did there! That is really clever, do you do any other word tricks like that? You must be really smart.

I chuckle to myself when I see a bumper sticker that says, "Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot!" (that one ALWAYS cheers me up!)
Old 02-12-2015, 10:15 PM
n/a

Kind of figured nothing would happen to him. Not sure why but since he wasn't charged with at least being AWOL when he hit American soil, was pretty sure he never would be charged. Something tells me that there are a lot of facts we don't know and probably will never know, at least not without a trial or a book sometime in the far future?

Some good men died trying to get him back. Not even sure why that was done. Why would we risk our soldiers to save a deserter? To my mind, one plus one is not adding up to two.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Has anyone seen anything on Bowe Bergdahl ?? Why is this taking so long. His parents stood side by side with the President...not sure that is why but what is happening...this is the last I have heard...

"The U.S. Army says no decision has been made as to whether to charge Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion, despite some media reports claiming those charges are "imminent."

According to a story from The Army Times, representatives from the Pentagon said that "there have been no actions or decisions" coming from its investigation into the circumstances surrounding the capture of Bergdahl by Taliban forces.

"Sgt. Bergdahl has not been charged with any crime," said Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby during a press briefing Tuesday afternoon.

"No decision has been made with respect to the case of Sgt. Bergdahl," Kirby said. "None. There is no timeline to make that decision, and Gen. [Mark] Milley is being put under no pressure to make a decision."

Bergdahl disappeared from Combat Outpost Mest-Lalak in Paktika province, Afghanistan, on June 30, 2009. Five years later, he was swapped for five Taliban members housed at the Guantánamo Bay detention center in Cuba.

"The investigation is still with the Commanding General of US Army Forces Command who will determine appropriate action - which ranges from no further action to convening a court martial," said Major General Ronald F Lewis.

Other media outlets, citing anonymous sources, say Bergdahl will face desertion charges.

According to an NBC News story, Bergdahl will face a lesser charge of desertion -- leaving a post to avoid duty or shirk an important assignment.

That charge carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison.

Pentagon denies it has decided to charge Bowe Bergdahl with desertion | AL.com

We gave up a lot of "heavy hitters" to get this man back to join his parents. Do not understand the delay in any announcements as reports are that the investigation is over.
I am not so sure it was done to get him back to his parents.
The delay of course is to figure out how to deal with a deserter and not have Obama with egg on his face. Yet if he is not treated as a deserter and he is one then how do all that run the armed forces look?
And then there are the men un his unit who in fact know he deserted.

The only winners were the terrorists. The deal that was made certainly qualifies for NOT negotiating with terrorists. Amateur time at the table.
Terrorists and rest of the world still laughing and shaking their heads.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 AM
n/a

If Burgdahl had not been a converted Muslim then he would still be held by the enemy. But WH Muslim saw it fit to come to the aid of one of his Muslim brothers thus we now know the rest of the story. Don't count on him being tried for anything. He has "brotherly" protection. What a joke!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
n/a

Agree - it's being buried to protect the community organizer from another one of his screw ups.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Agree - it's being buried to protect the community organizer from another one of his screw ups.
How can the media ignore something like this. If true, and I have no way of knowing the story, the government is allowing someone who by all accounts I have read is a deserter, and who was brought home by giving up some really really bad guys, after we said we would not do it ???

Why is this not a major story ?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 AM
n/a

Some of the most recent stories on this...

A opinion piece...

"I can’t stop thinking about Bowe Bergdahl. Not since CNN’s recent report that one of the “Taliban Five” freed from Guantanamo Bay in exchange for the undeserving Army sergeant may very well have re-engaged in “terrorist or insurgent activities.”

It brings to mind the White House Rose Garden celebration President Obama hosted in May for Bob and Jani Bergdahl, Bowe’s parents.

Said Obama: “Bob and Jani, today families across America share in the joy that I know you feel. As a parent, I can’t imagine the hardship that you guys have gone through. As president, I know I speak for all Americans when I say we cannot wait for the moment when you are reunited and your son, Bowe, is back in your arms.”

As to those who would question the wisdom of releasing five “high-value” Taliban detainees from Gitmo (and flying them off to Qatar, where they are free to roam the country), Obama stated: “The Qatar government has given us assurances that it will put in place measures to protect our national security.”

Obama has put Bergdahl in the rear-view mirror - The Orange County Register

"According to an Army official, the highly controversial Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion from the U.S. Army.

Bergdahl reportedly disappeared from his post in Afghanistan nearly six years ago. His platoon-mates say that Bergdahl willingly deserted the post. The Pentagon recently stated that its investigation into the matter will wrap up soon, with the likelihood of charges against Bergdahl almost assured.

Sgt. 1st Class Nathan Botts, a 22-year veteran in the Army, was in the same battalion as Bergdahl, and he believes that “it is clear” that Bergdahl deserted his post. Botts said that he is hopeful that Bergdahl will be charged as a traitor.

According to Botts, tensions in Afghanistan were high every day, but never as high as the day that Bergdahl disappeared from his post. Botts said that because he was a high-ranking senior NCO, that he was in a unique position to pass along information from Bergdahl’s unit to the Battalion Commanders.

“I was getting information directly from the platoon, and also from the company, of what was going on. And I was briefing the brigade S-3 and also the brigade commander himself.”
Botts said that “everything stopped that day,” and that their number one mission moving forward was locating Bergdahl.

He said that the Army had never stopped looking for Bergdahl, and that the impact of Bergdahl’s actions didn’t become truly evident until people in Botts’ own battalion started getting killed.

Some Of Bowe Bergdahl’s Fellow Soldiers Believe That His Actions Are Worthy Of The Death Penalty
Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM
n/a

THIS FROM FOLKS WHO SERVED.....

"On June 30, 2009, in Mest Malak, Afghanistan, Bowe Bergdahl left his unit and deserted the Army. We know he deserted because we were there when he did it.

We are confident that the overdue report from political and military leaders on Bergdahl's actions, sitting on a general's desk since October, comes to the same conclusion. It has to because the facts are clear.

Whatever the reason is for the late report and confused reporting about whether Bergdahl is set to be charged with desertion, justice is being denied to those of us who were abandoned by a fellow soldier.

The White House ceremony in May to announce the exchange of five senior Taliban detainees from the Guantanamo Bay prison for our former platoon member sparked a national debate on a variety of controversial issues: executive power, mental health care, the War on Terror, prisoners of war, due process and legal justice. It is troubling to us that President Obama and his political team are silencing this needed public debate by not making the release of this report a priority.

In light of the new information that some of the Taliban prisoners swapped for our former platoonmate made moves to re-enter the war, we believe that this debate must begin in earnest by issuing a report on the facts.

Like most people, we have opinions about how Bowe's release affects these issues. Unlike others, though, we were his team leaders, friends and brothers in arms. We have firsthand knowledge of the case and were interviewed as part of the investigation.

Eager for Bergdahl to tell story | Pacific Daily News | guampdn.com

Why in the heck is this not questioned by the media ???
Old 02-13-2015, 10:43 AM
n/a

The Bergdahl issue is a desertion.
It is moving slowly because Obama and his actions are in the middle of it.

Another issue that is not discussed is, if our policy is to not negotiate with terrorists then what is the exchange of 5 for 1 considered.

Perhaps this is a reason why Obama chooses not to title some organizations as the rest of the world. Hiding behing and abusing the letter of the law.

Crystal clear!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Pretty simple really.

Or…

Sadly true ... the only way a POTUS can be dumb enough to make such a horrible trade is ...wait, Obama is the smartest guy ever. Thus, the reason he makes the trade is it hurts the America he seems to be disdainful of.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:26 AM
n/a

This whole story disgusts me. I do not know how some citizens can unequivocally stand behind this president and continue to defend his every action. Are they blind to stories such as these? Something is terribly amiss here - why that is not evident to everyone is beyond my comprehension. Talk about blind followers!! I have fully supported the election of certain presidents in the past, but when they have not lived up to their word, I have not hesitated to express dissatisfaction. After all, no one is perfect, but it sure seems that some people think this President is.........very strange to me. Takes a mind set that I clearly don't get!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
THIS FROM FOLKS WHO SERVED.....

[B]

Why in the heck is this not questioned by the media ???
That's easy ... the media is protecting "their guy" ... you know, the guy that seems to hate the Country he was elected to defend ...oh, sorry, he was elected to "transform"

Heckuva job Barack

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.