Bowe Bergdahl

Old 02-13-2015, 11:29 AM
n/a

By the way, I think using this "guest" thing is pretty childish ... you guys at TOTV need to rethink it. If PM wars become a problem, then the offended party can simply choose to block offending posters.

Come on ... this is like elementary school or something
Old 02-13-2015, 11:36 AM
n/a

Default The Most damaging factors are

What I find as being the most damaging factors are first by suppressing this issue the rule of law may well be violated and according to our democracy no one is above the law not even Obama Secondly the liberal media is so blinded by the love for Obama that they violate their ethical obligation to report the truth. This is how totalitarian states are created
Old 02-13-2015, 11:59 AM
n/a

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
By the way, I think using this "guest" thing is pretty childish ... you guys at TOTV need to rethink it. If PM wars become a problem, then the offended party can simply choose to block offending posters.

Come on ... this is like elementary school or something
And this has exactly what to do with Bowe Bergdahl?
Old 02-13-2015, 12:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
What I find as being the most damaging factors are first by suppressing this issue the rule of law may well be violated and according to our democracy no one is above the law not even Obama Secondly the liberal media is so blinded by the love for Obama that they violate their ethical obligation to report the truth. This is how totalitarian states are created
I don't think the rule of law is an inhibitor of any kind anymore. We have allowed our lawmakers to dilute law enforcement as a selective application.
Example? ILLEGAL immigration in all it's ugliness. Selective to no enforcement.

So relative to Bergdahl...they will do whatever they want that suits their agenda....legal or not....and be allowed to get away with it....AGAIN!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
How can the media ignore something like this. If true, and I have no way of knowing the story, the government is allowing someone who by all accounts I have read is a deserter, and who was brought home by giving up some really really bad guys, after we said we would not do it ???

Why is this not a major story ?
Bill O'Reilly (FOX news) does regular updates on this case and is trying to uncover the truth. Several retired military have come on saying he has been found guilty of desertion, but the military is being pressured to keep it quiet. Nothing would surprise me these days.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 PM
n/a

"PRESCOTT, Ariz. - The brother of an American woman who was killed after spending months as a hostage of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) says Kayla Mueller's situation worsened after the government traded five Taliban commanders for a captive U.S. soldier.

The militants increased their demands after the May swap for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, Eric Mueller told NBC's "Today" in an interview that aired Monday.

"That made the whole situation worse because that's when the demands got greater," he said. "They got larger. They realized that they had something."

Mueller's death was confirmed Feb. 10 by her family and U.S. officials. ISIS claimed she died in a Jordanian airstrike, but U.S. officials have not confirmed that. The Pentagon said it didn't know how she was killed."

Bowe Bergdahl swap killed deal for Kayla Mueller, brether says - CBS News

"The young woman's father, Carl Mueller, said that the United States' willingness to swap for Bergdahl but not pay ransom or allow ransom to be paid for his daughter "was pretty hard to take."

"I actually asked the president that question when we were in the White House," Carl Mueller said without elaborating."
Old 02-24-2015, 01:24 PM
n/a

From February 2.....

"A retired Navy officer and military analyst believes the military needs to decide one way or another whether it intends to file charges of desertion against a soldier who left his post in Afghanistan.

Army and Pentagon officials said last week no decision has been made on what criminal charges – if any – will be filed against Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the soldier who left his post in Afghanistan and was held by the Taliban for five years before being released in a prisoner exchange last year. The case has become politicized because some members of Congress, as well as former members of Bergdahl's unit, criticized the Obama administration for trading someone they considered a deserter for five top Taliban commanders held at the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Commander Kirk Lippold (USN-Ret.), who commanded the USS Cole when it was attacked by terrorists in 2000, describes the message he thinks should be delivered to the senior military leadership within the army.

"I would be [telling them they] need to make a decision on whether to charge or not to charge this young man, because the reality also is Bergdahl deserves timely justice as well," he tells OneNewsNow. "So either charge him or make the announcement we're not going to charge him."

In Lippold's opinion, Bergdahl clearly should never have been swapped for the terrorists.

"The bottom line is the president of the United States violated U.S. law by releasing those five terrorists, several of whom clearly were tied to deaths of Americans in Afghanistan," he argues. "They should never have been released.

"So it's a matter of the president broke the law – and there has been absolutely no penalty for it because no one wants to take him on on this issue," Lippold concludes."

Advice to military: Just make a decision on Bergdahl

From February 4

"SPOKANE, Wash. – A decision is expected anytime on whether Bowe Bergdahl will face military charges.

Bergdahl reportedly left his post in Afghanistan nearly six years ago. The Pentagon said its investigation is in its final stages. Many fellow comrades said it is already clear Bergdahl is a deserter.

Sergeant First Class Nathan Botts spent 22 years in the US Army. He was in the same battalion as Bergdahl. He said it was clear from the get go that Bergdahl had deserted his post. He hopes that the military will punish Bergdahl as a traitor."

"otts feels his actions are worthy of the military's highest punishment, the death sentence. He said he is not the only one who feels Bergdahl never should have been traded in the prisoner exchange that released five Taliban fighters back onto the front lines.

"I'm sorry. A deserter is not worth that. He's not," said Botts."

Fellow soldier says Bergdahl should get death penalty

"I can’t stop thinking about Bowe Bergdahl. Not since CNN’s recent report that one of the “Taliban Five” freed from Guantanamo Bay in exchange for the undeserving Army sergeant may very well have re-engaged in “terrorist or insurgent activities.”

It brings to mind the White House Rose Garden celebration President Obama hosted in May for Bob and Jani Bergdahl, Bowe’s parents.

Said Obama: “Bob and Jani, today families across America share in the joy that I know you feel. As a parent, I can’t imagine the hardship that you guys have gone through. As president, I know I speak for all Americans when I say we cannot wait for the moment when you are reunited and your son, Bowe, is back in your arms.”

As to those who would question the wisdom of releasing five “high-value” Taliban detainees from Gitmo (and flying them off to Qatar, where they are free to roam the country), Obama stated: “The Qatar government has given us assurances that it will put in place measures to protect our national security.”

"Well, we see how that has worked out.

Meanwhile, not long after very publicly feting Bob and Jani at the White House, Obama decided he should put some distance between himself and the Bergdahls.

That’s because of the growing suspicion that Bowe – the only U.S. solider to be held captive in Afghanistan – did not somehow fall into the hands of the enemy, but intentionally sought out the Taliban."

"Indeed, the nonpartisan General Accounting Office concluded in August that Obama broke the law when he freed the Taliban Five in exchange for Bergdahl by not notifying Congress at least 30 days beforehand.

And there is yet another reason Obama wouldn’t want Dahl’s report in the open if it’s damning to Bergdahl – because it would remind the American people that the suspected deserter’s freedom was purchased at the price of releasing from Gitmo five sworn enemies of the U.S."

Obama has put Bergdahl in the rear-view mirror - The Orange County Register
Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
n/a

RIGHT....GOT IT !!!

"Army Secretary John McHugh said Wednesday that a decision on whether former prisoner of war Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl deserted his post in Afghanistan would be coming in the "near future."

"I would think that we could reasonably expect to see something in the relatively near future," McHugh told reporters at a briefing in Washington. "The range extends from on one end of the spectrum — from no further action to the other end of the spectrum, potential court-martial."

Although the Army's second fact-finding investigation of Bergdahl was concluded in December, McHugh said no decision has been reached on charges because of the number of documents that needed to be reviewed and the "complexity" of the case.

"It has been a lengthy investigation, and I think if you look at both the time involved from Sgt. Bergdahl's disappearance to his recovery to this point in time in large measure, that's understandable," he said.

Army secretary: Bergdahl decision coming soon | TheHill
Old 02-25-2015, 07:19 PM
n/a

This will go the way of Benghazi and the arms deals to Mexico...stall.....stall some more.....ignore it.....ignore it some more....people will stop asking....and then those who cared will give up and joinn the so what or I don't care masses.

And a deserter/traitor will get off scott free and make a ton of money in the process.

Definitely proves having friends in high places makes a difference....even the guilty or wrong doing.

Standard practice...ignore the law....no enforcement...look the other way!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Pretty simple really.

Obummer trades the radical Islamic dream team for a deserter. Deserter gets prison. Obummer looks like an even bigger idiot for trading a deserter for terrorists.

Or…

No prison, therefore no looking like a big idiot (in his small mind.) Just a political way of kicking another inconvenient can down the road (till our avid golf player is out of office.)
Excellent analysis ... spot on as we'd say in the UK
Old 02-26-2015, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
How can the media ignore something like this. If true, and I have no way of knowing the story, the government is allowing someone who by all accounts I have read is a deserter, and who was brought home by giving up some really really bad guys, after we said we would not do it ???

Why is this not a major story ?
Pretty simple answer unfortunately ... major media today (NYT, WaPo, NBC etc) are ideologically "wholly owned" subsidiaries of the Democrat Party. Once that is understood, the deafening silence is readily understood
Old 02-26-2015, 02:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
pretty simple answer unfortunately ... Major media today (nyt, wapo, nbc etc) are ideologically "wholly owned" subsidiaries of the democrat party. Once that is understood, the deafening silence is readily understood
bingo!
Old 02-26-2015, 03:08 PM
n/a

Just watch NBC and note what is absent from their reporting.
Especially the major issues of the day and specifically anything terrorist related/oriented, or about Islamic radicals. Or anything that would not shine the Obama star.

All the main stream lettered networks are the same. NBC is by far the worst

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.